Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 60

Thread: New Glock 42 POS?

  1. #1
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,272

    New Glock 42 POS?

    Took new 42 to range today with the following dismal results:

    25 rnds Hornady Critical Defense: Numerous stovepipes/FTL/FTE and numerous occasions of slide not locking after last rnd.
    50 rnds American Eagle 95gr. FMJ: Same results as above.
    50 rnds Blazer Brass 95gr. FMJ: Same results as above.
    50 rnds PMC Bronze 90gr. FMJ: Same results as above.
    50 rnds Blazer Steel 95gr. FMJ: Fewest problems with this ammo although there were a few. Was able to actually fire a few complete magazines without problems.

    Other issues noted:
    When dropping a single rnd in, and sling shoting the slide, at times it did not go completely forward.
    At times the slide release functioned normally and other times it was impossible to release.
    Several times the spent rnd remained in battery and the trigger reset.
    I noticed when loading rnds in the magazine that I had to be very careful to note that the rnd completely seated all the way back on the follower. At times a rnd would appear seated when actually a very small gap (1/64th) would remain.

    http://www.glockforum.com/forum/f8/a...-owners-33475/

    http://www.glockforum.com/forum/f32/...ck-42-a-33323/

    Put 225 rounds thru it today. Independence, Fiocchi and Federal 95gr FMJ and then Gold Dot and Hornady 90gr HP. Had one failure to feed going up the ramp with the FMJ and subsequent stovepipe. No other issues in FMJ. The real problem was with the Gold Dots. With a box of 50, the first 6-7 mags all experienced the slide getting locked back with rounds still remaining. Both mags, always once and one time twice. Switched to the Hornady Critical Defense and all 25 went down range no prob. The last 8 Gold Dots fired without issue, so maybe it needed some break in. Not sure. I'll put some more thru it before I decide to call Glock about it.

    As far as accuracy, it wasn't bad. Not my best groupings compared to the 19/26 and 23, but new gun so need more practice.

    http://www.glockforum.com/forum/f32/...61/index2.html

    Same problem here. Bought this for my wife and took it the range last weekend. We had all of the problems listed above. There was a guy next to me that said we needed to have a tighter grip so we tried it and the problems seem to lessen. I ran out of ammo before I could say for sure if that was the problem or its a gun issue. Should I be able to shoot this with a loose grip and not have it misfire? Im somewhat new to shooting smaller guns like this and not sure if its the gun or me and my wife doing something wrong. It worries me because this was suppose to be my wifes cc gun.
    Also, this is my first post and Glock so I would like to say hi to everyone.

    http://www.glockforum.com/forum/f8/g42-cs-info-33199/

    Most reviews by Glock enthusiasts are good, but for this to be on a Glock forum does not bode well. One could say that a few bad reviews are not a indicator of the gun's reliability or quality.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  2. #2
    Regular Member mobiushky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Alaska (ex-Colorado)
    Posts
    840
    Funny... Thread title "New Glock 42 POS?" Then in the thread "Most reviews by Glock enthusiasts are good, but for this to be on a Glock forum does not bode well. One could say that a few bad reviews are not a indicator of the gun's reliability or quality."

    So, eschewing the convention of balanced objectivity we go for the "POS" moniker first then contradict...

    Anyway, since you mentioned TTAG in another thread and how they're full of it and wrong and all that, I thought I'd post this:

    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...view-glock-42/

    That means no problems at the range, right? Well, not exactly. While GLOCKs have the well-earned reputation for being able to shoot virtually anything you can cram in a magazine, that’s decidedly not the case with the G42. The babiest GLOCK has some very specific ideas about what it will and won’t eat. As some other shooters have already found, the vast majority of rounds work just fine. But heavier, higher pressure rounds and even some lighter stuff might as well be steamed brussels sprouts as far as the G42 is concerned.
    And:

    And if Buffalo Bore makes the 42 nauseous, Freedom Munitions 100 grainers makes it puke all over its shoes. On the other end of the spectrum, a relatively lighter shooting round like the Barnes XPD doesn’t seem to cycle the gun at all.
    BUT, TTAG is bad and wrong, so does that mean the 42 isn't not a bad gun? I'm confused.

    All reports are pointing to an ammo finicky gun. Some people don't care, most do. Even Hickok45 notes the issue in his video. If it continues, maybe Glock will run a replacement on the recoil spring like they did for the Gen 4's when they came out. Hopefully they will at least take notice. It's possible it's a break in issue that will resolve. Time will tell.

    The pocket .380 is a tight market with a LOT of already great pocket guns. Sure the 42 will sell a lot initially on brand name alone. But if these problems aren't anomalies, they're gonna have to fix them if they want to remain competitive in a flooded market. Maybe this is just a prelude to a single stack 9mm, but that's a whole different can of worms that includes the already popular Shield and the XDs now.

  3. #3
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,272
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 02-18-2014 at 01:49 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  4. #4
    Regular Member mobiushky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Alaska (ex-Colorado)
    Posts
    840
    Nice choice. M&P is a good gun. Trigger's a little squishy and the Apex takes care of that, but that's a minor gripe in a high quality firearm. But, what does this have to do with the Glock 42? Are you saying that these departments have chosen an M&P over the Glock 42? That doesn't make any sense. I don't see how this proves your assertion that the Glock 42 is a POS?

  5. #5
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,272

    Agencies that issue S&W M&P

    Federal
    Dept of Energy, OST Agents
    DEA is authorizing the use of personally owned M&P pistols in 9mm, .40, and .45
    Federal Reserve Board of Governors
    Bureau of Engraving & Printing
    IRS

    Alabama
    Madison County PD

    Alaska

    Arizona

    Arkansas

    California
    Atherton PD
    California Parole
    Concord PD
    Los Angeles County Sheriff
    State Parks Police

    Colorado
    State Patrol
    Colorado Springs

    Connecticut
    Hartford PD
    Waterbury PD

    Delaware
    New Castle County PD

    Florida
    Clearwater PD
    Manatee County Sheriff’s Office
    Tampa PD

    Georgia
    Atlanta PD

    Hawaii
    Hawaii Sheriff’s Office

    Idaho

    Illinois
    North Chicago PD

    Indiana
    The Terre Haute Indiana PD

    Iowa
    State Patrol

    Kansas
    Wichita PD

    Kentucky

    Louisiana
    Kenner PD

    Maine

    Maryland

    Massachusetts
    State Police
    Brookline PD
    Lowell PD
    Marlboro PD
    Merrimac College
    Springfield PD
    Plymouth Sheriff’s Office
    U-Mass Lowell
    Winthrop PD
    Worcester PD

    Michigan
    Detroit PD
    Lapeer County Sheriff’s Department
    Muskegon County Sheriff’s Department

    Minnesota
    Benton County Sheriff’s Department
    Hennepin Co. Sheriff’s Office

    Mississippi

    Missouri

    Montana

    Nebraska

    Nevada

    New Hampshire
    Game and Wildlife officers
    Nashua PD
    State Police/Highway Patrol

    New Jersey
    Juvenile Justice Commission
    Mountainside
    Town of Fanwood

    New Mexico
    Albuquerque
    State Police

    New York
    Ontario County Sherrifs Dept.
    Syracuse PD
    White Plains PD

    North Carolina
    Charlotte PD
    Clayton PD
    Department of Correction
    Durham PD
    Durham County Sheriff’s Office
    North Dakota PD
    Probation Parole
    Raleigh PD
    Rocky Mount
    State Highway Patrol
    Winston Salem PD

    Ohio
    Attorney General’s Health Care Fraud
    Columbus PD
    Cincinnati PD
    East Cleveland PD
    Forest Park PD
    Franklin County PD
    German Township
    Lucas County SO
    Medina PD
    Wilmington PD
    Springdale PD
    The Orrville PD
    Washington County Sheriff’s Dept
    Woodlawn PD

    Oklahoma
    Dept. of Tourism & Recreation

    Oregon

    Pennsylvania
    Falls Township PD

    Rhode Island
    Providence

    South Carolina

    South Dakota

    Tennessee

    Texas
    Austin PD
    Dallas Fort Worth Airport PD
    San Antonio PD
    Texas DPS

    Utah

    Vermont
    State Police

    Virginia
    Chesapeake SWAT
    Newport News PD
    West Virginia State Police
    The Patrick County Sheriff’s Office

    Washington
    State Patrol
    Department of Correction
    Kent PD

    West Virginia
    State Police

    Wisconsin
    Dept. of Criminal Investigation
    Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office
    Milwaukee PD

    Wyoming
    Highway Patrol
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  6. #6
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,272
    As it stands now a M&P trade in brings more money than a Glock trade in... Hmmmmmmmmmm.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  7. #7
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,272
    Quote Originally Posted by mobiushky View Post
    Nice choice. M&P is a good gun. Trigger's a little squishy and the Apex takes care of that, but that's a minor gripe in a high quality firearm. But, what does this have to do with the Glock 42? Are you saying that these departments have chosen an M&P over the Glock 42? That doesn't make any sense. I don't see how this proves your assertion that the Glock 42 is a POS?
    Because probably some police have been injured with Glock Kabooms.

    Haven Police Ditch Glocks After Two Explode
    http://www.theledger.com/article/200...NEWS/803130481

    Police handgun explodes while firing
    http://communitypress.cincinnati.com...while%20firing
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 02-18-2014 at 02:01 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  8. #8
    Regular Member mobiushky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Alaska (ex-Colorado)
    Posts
    840
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Because probably some police have been injured with Glock Kabooms.

    Haven Police Ditch Glocks After Two Explode
    http://www.theledger.com/article/200...NEWS/803130481

    Police handgun explodes while firing
    http://communitypress.cincinnati.com...while%20firing
    So your assertion is that the Glock 42 was a viable service pistol that would be included in a search for a new department standard issue?

    LOL.

  9. #9
    Regular Member mobiushky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Alaska (ex-Colorado)
    Posts
    840
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Federal
    Dept of Energy, OST Agents
    DEA is authorizing the use of personally owned M&P pistols in 9mm, .40, and .45
    Federal Reserve Board of Governors
    Bureau of Engraving & Printing
    IRS

    Alabama
    Madison County PD

    Alaska

    Arizona

    Arkansas

    California
    Atherton PD
    California Parole
    Concord PD
    Los Angeles County Sheriff
    State Parks Police

    Colorado
    State Patrol
    Colorado Springs

    Connecticut
    Hartford PD
    Waterbury PD

    Delaware
    New Castle County PD

    Florida
    Clearwater PD
    Manatee County Sheriff’s Office
    Tampa PD

    Georgia
    Atlanta PD

    Hawaii
    Hawaii Sheriff’s Office

    Idaho

    Illinois
    North Chicago PD

    Indiana
    The Terre Haute Indiana PD

    Iowa
    State Patrol

    Kansas
    Wichita PD

    Kentucky

    Louisiana
    Kenner PD

    Maine

    Maryland

    Massachusetts
    State Police
    Brookline PD
    Lowell PD
    Marlboro PD
    Merrimac College
    Springfield PD
    Plymouth Sheriff’s Office
    U-Mass Lowell
    Winthrop PD
    Worcester PD

    Michigan
    Detroit PD
    Lapeer County Sheriff’s Department
    Muskegon County Sheriff’s Department

    Minnesota
    Benton County Sheriff’s Department
    Hennepin Co. Sheriff’s Office

    Mississippi

    Missouri

    Montana

    Nebraska

    Nevada

    New Hampshire
    Game and Wildlife officers
    Nashua PD
    State Police/Highway Patrol

    New Jersey
    Juvenile Justice Commission
    Mountainside
    Town of Fanwood

    New Mexico
    Albuquerque
    State Police

    New York
    Ontario County Sherrifs Dept.
    Syracuse PD
    White Plains PD

    North Carolina
    Charlotte PD
    Clayton PD
    Department of Correction
    Durham PD
    Durham County Sheriff’s Office
    North Dakota PD
    Probation Parole
    Raleigh PD
    Rocky Mount
    State Highway Patrol
    Winston Salem PD

    Ohio
    Attorney General’s Health Care Fraud
    Columbus PD
    Cincinnati PD
    East Cleveland PD
    Forest Park PD
    Franklin County PD
    German Township
    Lucas County SO
    Medina PD
    Wilmington PD
    Springdale PD
    The Orrville PD
    Washington County Sheriff’s Dept
    Woodlawn PD

    Oklahoma
    Dept. of Tourism & Recreation

    Oregon

    Pennsylvania
    Falls Township PD

    Rhode Island
    Providence

    South Carolina

    South Dakota

    Tennessee

    Texas
    Austin PD
    Dallas Fort Worth Airport PD
    San Antonio PD
    Texas DPS

    Utah

    Vermont
    State Police

    Virginia
    Chesapeake SWAT
    Newport News PD
    West Virginia State Police
    The Patrick County Sheriff’s Office

    Washington
    State Patrol
    Department of Correction
    Kent PD

    West Virginia
    State Police

    Wisconsin
    Dept. of Criminal Investigation
    Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office
    Milwaukee PD

    Wyoming
    Highway Patrol
    All of these are switching from the Glock 42 to something else? Wait.... Didn't the 42 just come out? How could they be switching FROM a gun that just came out? What does this have to do with the title of the thread?

  10. #10
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,272
    Quote Originally Posted by mobiushky View Post
    All of these are switching from the Glock 42 to something else? Wait.... Didn't the 42 just come out? How could they be switching FROM a gun that just came out? What does this have to do with the title of the thread?
    I never said they were switching from the 42, though many switched from the perfect Glock. Again you are telling blatant LIES! And you have the gall to accuse others of spreading false facts.

    BTW MY thread, I can shift the focus how ever I want. Don't like it, continue to whine, report, or be on your merry whiny way.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 02-18-2014 at 03:25 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  11. #11
    Regular Member mobiushky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Alaska (ex-Colorado)
    Posts
    840
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    I never said they were switching from the 42, though many switched from the perfect Glock. Again you are telling blatant LIES! And you have the gall to accuse others of spreading false facts.

    BTW MY thread, I can shift the focus how ever I want. Don't like it, continue to whine, report, or be on your merry whiny way.
    So you're saying this thread is just a splatter shot of useless and unrelated sputum? OK. Will disregard your useless and pointless posts. Thanks for clearing that up.

    Still curious to see how the Glock 42 in the wild. Whether the feeding issue is design flaw or break in thing.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    44
    There was one incident that I know of where a police/sheriff's dept were allowing inmates to load police handgun ammo as part of some kind of inmate work program. Turns out the inmates were simply filling the cartridge cases full of powder before setting the bullet in. Quite an explosive lesson in at least training the imates before putting them to work. The ammo was quickly recalled from their officers when the reason for exploding handguns was determined.
    Last edited by Johnbo; 02-18-2014 at 03:56 PM.

  13. #13
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,272
    Quote Originally Posted by mobiushky View Post
    So you're saying this thread is just a splatter shot of useless and unrelated sputum? OK. Will disregard your useless and pointless posts. Thanks for clearing that up.

    Still curious to see how the Glock 42 in the wild. Whether the feeding issue is design flaw or break in thing.
    You are more than welcome to walk away anytime you wish, but we both know you CANNOT do it.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  14. #14
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnbo View Post
    There was one incident that I know of where a police/sheriff's dept were allowing inmates to load police handgun ammo as part of some kind of inmate work program. Turns out the inmates were simply filling the cartridge cases full of powder before setting the bullet in. Quite an explosive lesson in at least training the imates before putting them to work. The ammo was quickly recalled from their officers when the reason for exploding handguns was determined.
    Do you have a cite for this? I would really like to read about it.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  15. #15
    Regular Member Kopis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    727
    someone pass me the popcorn please!


    On to the original post tho, i have quite a few glocks and love them but i thought the G42 was overpriced considering the M&P shield can be found for $360-400 most places online or $400 at any gun show. GLOCK needed this release to go smooth. If these issues continue and arent addressed quickly it will hurt them long term. Look how conceited blackberry was for years and where they are today.
    Last edited by Kopis; 02-18-2014 at 04:10 PM.

  16. #16
    Regular Member mobiushky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Alaska (ex-Colorado)
    Posts
    840
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopis View Post
    someone pass me the popcorn please!


    On to the original post tho, i have quite a few glocks and love them but i thought the G42 was overpriced considering the M&P shield can be found for $360-400 most places online or $400 at any gun show. GLOCK needed this release to go smooth. If these issues continue and arent addressed quickly it will hurt them long term. Look how conceited blackberry was for years and where they are today.
    LOL! On the way...

    Yeah, I see this as a pointless product honestly. It's possible that this is a "test bed" for a single stack 9mm, but like you said, why not get a shield?

  17. #17
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,602
    Originally Posted by Johnbo

    There was one incident that I know of where a police/sheriff's dept were allowing inmates to load police handgun ammo as part of some kind of inmate work program. Turns out the inmates were simply filling the cartridge cases full of powder before setting the bullet in. Quite an explosive lesson in at least training the imates before putting them to work. The ammo was quickly recalled from their officers when the reason for exploding handguns was determined.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Do you have a cite for this? I would really like to read about it.
    So would I!

    Inmates handling ammo, gunpowder, etc violates the standards/policies for every DOC related entity of which I am aware.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  18. #18
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopis View Post
    someone pass me the popcorn please!


    On to the original post tho, i have quite a few glocks and love them but i thought the G42 was overpriced considering the M&P shield can be found for $360-400 most places online or $400 at any gun show. GLOCK needed this release to go smooth. If these issues continue and arent addressed quickly it will hurt them long term. Look how conceited blackberry was for years and where they are today.
    The shield is a very popular handgun, and the owners seem to love them.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  19. #19
    Regular Member mobiushky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Alaska (ex-Colorado)
    Posts
    840
    Now if only S&W could work the Shield's trigger into the rest of the M&P line it would be much appreciated.

  20. #20
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,272
    Kopis, to be honest I have to say I am surprised with the problems with the 42, I am sure they will make them right. But paying that much money for a gun that has to be sent back would be depressing. A Glock forum member was selling his almost immediately after buying it. I tried to convince him to try breaking it in, or sending back, he was PO'd, and sold it, shame I couldn't get to him before someone else did. I would have sent it back to Glock after getting it.

    To be fair I think most of the 42's problems are just break in. I told him to load the mags, lock the slide back, and leave it for a few days to a couple weeks.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    44
    It was an article in the Anderson city SC newspaper a couple years ago before I got into oc. Remember reading it during my lunch break and remember mentioning it to someone at the store I was sitting at. Can not find it now though . Something about the local sheriffs suspected that the couple of handguns they had "blow up" was caused by inmates improperly loading powder in the casings. Odd. Maybe was a good ol boy thing at the time.

  22. #22
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnbo View Post
    It was an article in the Anderson city SC newspaper a couple years ago before I got into oc. Remember reading it during my lunch break and remember mentioning it to someone at the store I was sitting at. Can not find it now though . Something about the local sheriffs suspected that the couple of handguns they had "blow up" was caused by inmates improperly loading powder in the casings. Odd. Maybe was a good ol boy thing at the time.
    This is just a opinion but I suspect most of the kabooms are a result of bullet setback on a unsupported chamber. This is a problem with some LEOs as they think they have to load and unload everyday, and some do it with the same round. I highly doubt it has to do with lead ammo. If it does that would indicate a poor design on the supposed perfect gun.

    The thing is IraqVeteran tried everything to blow up a C9 HP, and literally had to plug the barrel before he could get it to blow up. He loaded double, and even tripple loads into the gun, and the gun took it, they drove a truck over the gun, and the gun took it. I wouldn't even dare to try that with a Glock. I will look but I read a report of a LEO killed when one of the pins broke on his Glock when he tried to return fire when he was fired upon.

    I don't want to beat up on Glocks, they are for the most part good guns. But some people are off their rocker in thinking they are the gun to end all other guns. I screw with these people for the fun of it, until I get bored. Remingtons have been manufactured for over hundred years and AFAIK I have never heard of a news report of a Remy blowing up.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  23. #23
    Regular Member Kopis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    727
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Kopis, to be honest I have to say I am surprised with the problems with the 42, I am sure they will make them right. But paying that much money for a gun that has to be sent back would be depressing. A Glock forum member was selling his almost immediately after buying it. I tried to convince him to try breaking it in, or sending back, he was PO'd, and sold it, shame I couldn't get to him before someone else did. I would have sent it back to Glock after getting it.

    To be fair I think most of the 42's problems are just break in. I told him to load the mags, lock the slide back, and leave it for a few days to a couple weeks.

    yeah, i think you're right on both counts. GLOCK will make it right and the G42 is *hopefully* a test bed for a 9mm single stack. It's funny that i have a few kimbers and they all have break in recommendations plus my compact is finiky on ammo and no one really cares. My new Pro is running flawlesssly though. Anyway, people are happy to stomach a break in on 1911s it seems but wont stand for it on polymers it seems.
    Last edited by Kopis; 02-20-2014 at 11:43 AM.

  24. #24
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Just saw one of these in person got to handle it. Actually seems pretty nice. New meaning to "baby glock". Didn't get to shoot it but will update if/when I get to.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  25. #25
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,272
    I can't see spending the money on it, considering there are several companies that are building baby Glock clones before Glock. And they are considerably less money, though most have the same finicky break in period just like the 42.

    I was considering getting a DB9 or a Kahr just because. But then I took my PA-63 to the range and clocked it. Grouping out of a box of ammo could be covered with one hand, 1052 average FPS with a 95 grain HP. The weight difference between the Glock and the PA IMO is not worth it. And I only paid $59 for the PA a couple decades back.

    PA-63 weight unloaded 595 grams.

    Glock 42 weight unloaded 390 grams.

    That is only 7 ounces difference, hell most people carry much more than 7 ounces around their waist. But then if that is the only consideration the Ruger LCP whips the snot out of Glock in being trimmer.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •