Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: National Football League sued for NFL stadium gun ban. LEOSA disarmed.

National Football League sued for NFL stadium gun ban. LEOSA disarmed.

Last September, the NFL enacted a policy banning firearms in NFL facilities unless the gun holder is providing security. The Minnesota Police and Peace Officers Association Executive Director Dennis Flaherty says this means off-duty officers can’t keep their weapons in stadiums. Police say it violates state law, and could put the public and officers in danger.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...r-stadium-han/

This may be where the documents will first be publicly available in MN Judicial Branch News | Public Notices at
    http://www.mncourts.gov/district/4/
    Last edited by Nightmare; 02-18-2014 at 02:20 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    Well, some people sure want to be special...

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    snipped and could put the public and officers in danger.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...r-stadium-han/

This may be where the documents will first be publicly available in MN Judicial Branch News | Public Notices at
    http://www.mncourts.gov/district/4/
    Does this mean that they believe the public should be armed and able to defend themselves??? Sweet!

so when it concerns them, the police now say it violates the law, strange, haven't citizens who carry been saying this for years?

lets hope what is gained by the goose is allowed by the gander!!

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

When the "public" starts throwing their weight behind legislation like the cop unions do, then there may be a time when off-duty cops must go unarmed, and Joe Six Pack can pack his gat to the game.

Turn about is fair game.

Words are nothing.

I'll cheer when they actually kick out a cop for carrying.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    When the "public" starts throwing their weight behind legislation like the cop unions do, then there may be a time when off-duty cops must go unarmed, and Joe Six Pack can pack his gat to the game.

Turn about is fair game.
    Us vs them, they don't care about the public as much as they do about public theft.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

I've been a Saints fan for a long time but, I'm beginning to loath the NFL. I won't be watching anymore games.

That's ok though... the vast intrusion on liberty by fed, state and local government will keep me entertained for decades to come!

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Well, some people sure want to be special...
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    so when it concerns them, the police now say it violates the law, strange, haven't citizens who carry been saying this for years?

lets hope what is gained by the goose is allowed by the gander!!

ipse
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernymac View Post
    Does this mean that they believe the public should be armed and able to defend themselves??? Sweet!
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Us vs them, they don't care about the public as much as they do about public theft.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	35971532.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	11287

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    That's not precisely true. Police unions exist to serve their members, just as other unions do. The AFL-CIO doesn't spend any time, energy, or money defending my rights, nor should they. The police unions similarly aren't going to go to bat for your gun rights when doing so will make it more difficult to get what their members want. This is only an "us vs. them" issue in that you don't belong to the union and they aren't going to fight for you. I don't have a problem with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavalryman View Post
    That's not precisely true. Police unions exist to serve their members, just as other unions do. The AFL-CIO doesn't spend any time, energy, or money defending my rights, nor should they. The police unions similarly aren't going to go to bat for your gun rights when doing so will make it more difficult to get what their members want. This is only an "us vs. them" issue in that you don't belong to the union and they aren't going to fight for you. I don't have a problem with that.

I understand what you are saying. To clarify my what was meant to be a tongue in cheek statement. The legislature and gov. are the them.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Wow! You almost got there.

The cop unions actively lobby for legislation that exempts their members from the affects of laws that the citizenry is subject to. I respectfully recommend that you research the exemptions in your state laws for cops.

The greatest threat to liberty is QI, followed closely by cop (public sector) unions.

The cop unions actively lobby for legislation that exempts their members from the affects of laws that the citizenry is subject to. I respectfully recommend that you research the exemptions in your state laws for cops.

The greatest threat to liberty is QI, followed closely by cop (public sector) unions.
    Deputy wrecks 33 times in 17 years, but union fights for his job

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...cmp=latestnews
    So, working for their member's benefit seems to be a higher priority that working for the public's benefit. Since this is their "charter", it should be OK with folks to get this cop back on the job regardless of the cost to the tax payer.

You are correct!

Sent from my Kindle via the NSA.
    Mack The Knife sends.

"Laech cach fer co bas" (Gaelic- "Everyman a warrior until death")
    "Bas no beatha" (McLean war cry- "Death or life")

Turn about is fair game.
    +1

And I don't want to hear any crap about how cops have a "right to be armed". They sure do, but they don't have a right to force me to pay them for such. To put it another way, they're equally free to seek alternative (read: productive) employment, or to accept whatever conditions of employment the public may demand of those who seek to suckle at the public teat.

This is true.

The greatest threat to liberty is QI
    Quite Interesting?

...followed closely by cop (public sector) unions.
    Also true.
    Last edited by marshaul; 02-20-2014 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    +1 Quite Interesting? Also true.
    Qualified Immunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Qualified Immunity.
    Uh, Monsieur marshaul already knew that.

Uh, Monsieur marshaul already knew that.
    I am sure. We are not the only readers here.

Of course they advocate for exemptions to some laws. The function of a union is to expand the rights of its members as much as possible. It has nothing to do with whether they think you should have the same right. Some cops think you should and some don't, but they universally think they should be able to defend themselves. It's easier to get an exemption for LEOs than to have the whole law stricken, so that's what the union does. Seriously, you're seeing a conspiracy where none exists.

Is it a conspiracy when they practice and lobby their anti liberty pro statist pro tyranny stances publicly?

I highly doubt any non police union would defend a grocery bagger or a auto worker that threatened on VIDEO repeatedly to kill someone. Police Unions have become a cancer by protecting clearly bad and evil people. If that is what the membership wants then those members are just as evil. It has been long overdue that public put it's foot down, and demanding that they all earn the respect they crave, instead of legislative subject compliance.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    I highly doubt any non police union would defend a grocery bagger or a auto worker that threatened on VIDEO repeatedly to kill someone. Police Unions have become a cancer by protecting clearly bad and evil people. If that is what the membership wants then those members are just as evil. It has been long overdue that public put it's foot down, and demanding that they all earn the respect they crave, instead of legislative subject compliance.
    I've seen unions defend a hospital worker who raped a patient and an auto worker who clocked another worker in the head with a wrench and put him in a coma. The function of a union is to keep their members employed. Some unions care more and some care less about whether the member is in the wrong.

When a union defends "bad cops" against firing, they are defending them against their superiors, in other words, they are defending them against other police officers who want to get rid of them. All unions protect clearly bad and evil people in some cases. They aren't a perfect solution. Nevertheless, you're delusional if you think a police union should fight for your right to carry a firearm any more than the UAW should fight for a surgeon's right to have pastries in the doctors' lounge.

They are also thrusting that cancer onto his employers the people against their will and they must continue to have money stolen from them to support them.

Nevertheless, you're delusional if you think a police union should fight for your right to carry a firearm any more than the UAW should fight for a surgeon's right to have pastries in the doctors' lounge.
    No, I don't think police unions should "fight for my right to carry…". In fact, I don't think police unions should fight for anything.

I think police unions should be criminalized.

They represent a clear and ongoing conflict of interest, consistently lobby against the constitutional rights of Americans, and are generally utterly without redeeming value.

Goonions ...
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    ... are generally utterly without redeeming value.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast