• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

An Open Letter To The Men And Women Of The Connecticut State Police

Augustin

This is a very hardcore letter that was sent to everybody in the CT State Police Department. It is well worth a read in its entirety. I've only posted a few excerpts because of the fair use rule.

Things are really heating up. The gun grabbers are far to committed to their goal of complete disarmament of the American people and an ever growing percentage of the lawful gun owners can now see the handwriting on the wall and they will never surrender their God-given and Constitutionally-protected rights. I see it as inevitable that there will be some sort of violent conflict. And it sure seems to me that the police are being put between a rock and a hard spot. The legislatures have passed this grossly unconstitutional and unconscionable law and the cops are expected to enforce it at their own risk while the legislatures hide in their ivory towers. I SINCERELY HOPE THAT THE CONNECTICUT POLICE AND ALL THE MEN IN WOMEN IN LAW ENFORCEMENT NATIONWIDE WAKE UP AND STAND UP TO THIS GROWING TRYANNY (before its too late)!

An Open Letter To The Men And Women Of The Connecticut State Police

Mike Vanderboegh, February 17th, 2014

You are NOT the enemy (UNLESS YOU CHOOSE TO BE.)

{The following letter was sent via email to members of the Connecticut State Police, Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection. There are 1,212 email addresses on the list. There were 62 bounce-backs.}

To the men and women of the Connecticut State Police and the Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection:

My name is Mike Vanderboegh. Few of you will know who I am, or even will have heard of the Three Percent movement that I founded, though we have been denounced on the national stage by that paragon of moral virtue, Bill Clinton.

Three Percenters are uncompromising firearm owners who have stated very plainly for years that we will obey no further encroachments on our Second Amendment rights.

Some of you, if you read this carelessly, may feel that it is a threat.

It is not. Three Percenters also believe that to take the first shot in a conflict over principle is to surrender the moral high ground to the enemy. We condemn so-called collateral damage and terrorism such as that represented by the Oklahoma City Bombing and the Waco massacre. We are very aware that if you seek to defeat evil it is vital not to become the evil you claim to oppose.

Thus, though this letter is certainly intended to deal with an uncomfortable subject, it is not a threat to anyone. However, it is important for everyone to understand that while we promise not to take the first shot over principle, we make no such promise if attacked, whether by common criminals or by the designated representatives of a criminal government grown arrogant and tyrannical and acting out an unconstitutional agenda under color of law.

If we have any model, it is that of the Founding generation. The threat to public order and safety, unfortunately, comes from the current leaders of your state government who unthinkingly determined to victimize hitherto law-abiding citizens with a tyrannical law.

They are the ones who first promised violence on the part of the state if your citizens did not comply with their unconstitutional diktat. Now, having made the threat (and placed the bet that you folks of the Connecticut State Police will meekly and obediently carry it out) they can hardly complain that others take them seriously and try by every means, including this letter, to avoid conflict.

Some of you are already working a major case on me, trying to figure out how I may be arrested for violating Conn. P.A. 13-3, which bears the wildly dishonest title of “An Act Concerning Gun Violence Prevention and Children’s Safety.” (What part of “protecting children” is accomplished by sparking a civil war?)

(snip)

In short, I have made myself a nuisance to your bosses in just about every way I could think of. However, their discomfiture reminds me of the wisdom of that great American philosopher of the late 20th Century, Frank Zappa, who said, “Do you love it? Do you hate it? There it is, the way you made it.” Whether you will be able to make a case on me that sticks is, of course, problematic for a number of reasons which I will detail to you in the letter below. I have already done so to your bosses and include the links in this email so that you may easily access them.

But even if you are not working on my case, you will want to pay attention to this letter, because tyrannical politicians in your state have been writing checks with their mouths that they expect you to cash with your blood.

We have moved, thanks to them, into a very dangerous undiscovered country. Connecticut is now in a state of cold civil war, one that can flash to bloody conflict in an instant if someone, anyone, does something stupid. So please pay attention, for Malloy and Co. have put all your asses on the line and are counting on your supine obedience to the enforcement of their unconstitutional diktat.

(snip)

In other words, this law takes men and women who are your natural allies in support of legitimate law enforcement and makes enemies of the state of them, and bully boy political police of you. So you all have a very real stake in what happens next.

But let me continue:

The Founders knew how to answer such tyranny. When Captain John Parker — one of the three percent of American colonists who actively took the field against the King during the Revolution — mustered his Minutemen on Lexington Green, it was in a demonstration of ARMED civil disobedience. . . The colonists knew what to do and they did it, regardless of the risk — regardless of all the King’s ministers and the King’s soldiery. They defied the King. They resisted his edicts. They evaded his laws and they smuggled. Lord above, did they smuggle.

Now we find ourselves in a similar situation. The new King Barack and his minions have determined to disarm us. We must determine to resist them. No one wants a new civil war (except, apparently, the anti-constitutional tyrants who passed these laws and the media toadies who cheer them on) but one is staring us in the face. Let me repeat that, a civil war is staring us in the face. To think otherwise is to whistle past the graveyard of our own history. We must, if we wish to avoid armed conflict, get this message across to the collectivists who have declared their appetites for our liberty, our property and our lives — WHEN DEMOCRACY TURNS TO TYRANNY, THE ARMED CITIZEN STILL GETS TO VOTE.

Just like King George, such people will not care, nor modify their behavior, by what you say, no matter how loudly or in what numbers you say it. They will only pay attention to what you DO. So defy them. Resist their laws. Evade them. Smuggle in what they command you not to have. Only by our ACTS will they be impressed. Then, if they mean to have a civil war, they will at least have been informed of the unintended consequences of their tyrannical actions. Again I say — Defy. Resist. Evade. Smuggle. If you wish to stay free and to pass down that freedom to your children’s children you can do no less than to become the lawbreakers that they have unconstitutionally made of you. Accept that fact. Embrace it. And resolve to be the very best, most successful lawbreakers you can be.

(snip)

The odds are, and it gives me no particular satisfaction to say it, is that someone is going to get killed over your unconstitutional misadventures in Connecticut. And if not Connecticut, then New York, or Maryland, or California or Colorado. And once the civil war you all apparently seek is kicked off, it would not be — it could not be — confined to one state.”

This is not a threat, of course. Not the personal, actionable threat that you may claim. It ranks right along with -- no, that’s wrong, IT IS EXACTLY LIKE – an ex-con meeting me in the street and pointing to my neighbor’s house saying, “Tonight I am going to break in there, kill that man, rape his wife and daughters and steal everything that he is, has, or may become.” I warn him, “If you try to do that, he will kill you first. He may not look like much, but I know him to be vigilant and perfectly capable of blowing your head off.” That is not a threat from me. It is simply good manners. Consider this letter in the same vein. I am trying to save you from yourself.

For full article:

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/an-o...-women-of-the-connecticut-state-police_022014

Primus

Found the letter on their website. Forwarded it around the PD. I'll try and update on general responses if possible.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Running Wolf

Campaign Veteran
among the dumbest posts i have seen on OCDO.

certainly has all the earmarks of a threat.

This letter strikes me as a warning and a promise. Anyone of the recipients feeling threatened by this email should examine their own consciences.

FTR I'm not saying CT Barfly is feeling threatened, nor am I saying he/she was a recipient of this email.

notalawyer

Found the letter on their website. Forwarded it around the PD. I'll try and update on general responses if possible.

I'm sure most of them feel very, very, threatened by this attention *****. "I'm not say'in we're gonna shoot you, but we're gonna shoot you."
I'm sure the 'letter' finds it's way to the bottom of the bird cage where it belongs.

CT Barfly

This letter strikes me as a warning and a promise. Anyone of the recipients feeling threatened by this email should examine their own consciences.

FTR I'm not saying CT Barfly is feeling threatened, nor am I saying he/she was a recipient of this email.

it's an intimidating letter, it's designed to put people in fear of doing their jobs.

i wouldn't be surprised if the FBI comes knocking on this guy's door.

you can get a lot more done for the sake of liberty by bringing lawsuits and winning them. sending thinly veiled threats that accomplish absolutely nothing just diminishes the cause.

Primus

it's an intimidating letter, it's designed to put people in fear of doing their jobs.

you can get a lot more done for the sake of liberty by bringing lawsuits and winning them. sending thinly veiled threats that accomplish absolutely nothing just diminishes the cause.

Well said I agree

Augustin

You were granted rather broad license under the Creative Commons Attribution License if you had read the whole thing with understanding.

I did see that. But I figured that Mr. Grapeshot would drastically edit my post if he missed it. I felt it best that I edited it rather than Grape. Besides, what I posted was already very long. The entire article would have been far too lengthy.

Augustin

I mostly agree with you - that such a threat doesn't help. It was clearly a veiled threat, and the FBI probably will send in their SWAT team. Just look what happened to Adam Kokesh. I posted the letter to show where things are at in America right now - the calm before the storm of revolution.

I do disagree with you regarding winning back our liberty with lawsuits. Its far too late for a political solution.

According to Dave Hodges "America is on a collision course with a brutal civil war. We can argue if the coming civil war will be conventional or guerrilla. However, many of us feel that we have reached the point of no return and that civil strife is unavoidable. A political solution to our multiple issues would have been my preferred choice, but that ship sailed a long time ago."

http://thecommonsenseshow.com/2014/01/05/would-you-prefer-a-civil-war-or-world-war-three/

OC for ME

So, about how many 3%ers are there.....about.

Attempting to drum up new members, likely ones with jobs so that the club coffers are replenished.

If there so many of them there 3%ers how about getting legislation passed, or repealed.

Wall of test.....and it was "shortened." :rolleyes:

davidmcbeth

Banned
I don't see the letter as a threat ... its just highlighting what the cops already know ... come and confiscate guns and expect casualties.

This guy has a AR10 .. lets go get him ... well, at least one dude will say no ... right?

Sucks to disregard the 2nd amendment....

Tackleberry1

I agree, this letter is not a threat, it's a WARNING based on historical events that happened before... And would happen again.

The reality of the 3% who openly opposed the British would manifest itself again. Is it 3% of 100 Million guns owners? Or 3% of 360 Million Americans?

Either way, with only 1.3 Million LEO's state and federal, 3% is more than enough.

Last time I checked, over 400 of the Nations 3300 county Sheriff's had sent open letters the DC basically saying the same thing. "we won't enforce or comply with this"

So... Why is it more "scary" coming from a citizen?

I don't see the letter as a threat ... its just highlighting what the cops already know ... come and confiscate guns and expect casualties.

This guy has a AR10 .. lets go get him ... well, at least one dude will say no ... right?

Sucks to disregard the 2nd amendment....

Primus

I agree, this letter is not a threat, it's a WARNING based on historical events that happened before... And would happen again.

The reality of the 3% who openly opposed the British would manifest itself again. Is it 3% of 100 Million guns owners? Or 3% of 360 Million Americans?

Either way, with only 1.3 Million LEO's state and federal, 3% is more than enough.

Last time I checked, over 400 of the Nations 3300 county Sheriff's had sent open letters the DC basically saying the same thing. "we won't enforce or comply with this"

Nobody said it was more scary. Those sheriffs didn't say they were going to shoot guys and "make them pay with their blood" etc. etc.

SFCRetired

Definitely not a threat. He's reinforcing what the police in every state, not just Connecticut, should already know; the American people, not just gun owners, have been pushed about as far as they will tolerate. Further encroachment on any of the rights guaranteed by the Bill of Rights, especially the First or Second Amendment, may well be the trigger for a second Civil War.

Personal opinion: The state of Connecticut has pushed its citizenry to the limit. Any attempt to confiscate arms and imprison the owners will, I believe, quickly escalate. I also believe that what happens in Connecticut may well spread to some other notoriously anti-Second Amendment states far more quickly than the authorities can move to counter it.

Tackleberry1

Nobody said it was more scary. Those sheriffs didn't say they were going to shoot guys and "make them pay with their blood" etc. etc.

Neither did the author Primus.

He said, and I'm paraphrasing, that the Politicians had written checks that THEY, expect police officers to cash with their own blood.

Over 400 elected Sheriff's seem to get the fact that criminalizing possession of a previously legal product does nothing to enhance public safety and in fact, reduces both public and officer safety, wastes resources, and diminishes trust between the police and the citizenry.

You can read all about it at their website, The Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association... Look it up partner
;)

Tack

Fuller Malarkey

I don't put a lot of stock in polls....unless they support my contentions.

65% of American Adults think the purpose of the Second Amendment is to make sure that people are able to protect themselves from tyranny.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub..._see_gun_rights_as_protection_against_tyranny

"Two-out-of-three Americans recognize that their constitutional right to own a gun was intended to ensure their freedom."

"72% of those with a gun in their family regard the Second Amendment as a protection against tyranny. However, even a majority (57%) of those without a gun in their home hold that view."

"54% of Democrats agree with 75% of Republicans and 68% of those not affiliated with either major party that the right to own a gun is to ensure such freedom."

Some interesting findings from the survey:

Americans are now evenly divided over whether the federal government is a protector of individual rights or a threat to those rights.

Sixty percent (60%) feel the federal government today does not have the consent of the governed.

I post this as an example of the attitudes of the "average American". It would seem that surveys exist that indicate the original intent of the Second Amendment is today recognized as it was when written, and that intent is to protect ourselves from tyranny from an oppressive government.

I do not see where the letter referenced in the OP differs all that much from the beliefs of the people surveyed for this poll.

Tackleberry1

...and yet... The sheep will HOWL like BANSHEES at the notion that a Government enforcer might get hurt for following unconstitutional orders.

Novel idea... If our "protectors" value our 2A liberties as they claim too, how about standing up with the Sherrif's of their State who've already refused to comply?

I don't put a lot of stock in polls....unless they support my contentions.

65% of American Adults think the purpose of the Second Amendment is to make sure that people are able to protect themselves from tyranny.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub..._see_gun_rights_as_protection_against_tyranny

"Two-out-of-three Americans recognize that their constitutional right to own a gun was intended to ensure their freedom."

"72% of those with a gun in their family regard the Second Amendment as a protection against tyranny. However, even a majority (57%) of those without a gun in their home hold that view."

"54% of Democrats agree with 75% of Republicans and 68% of those not affiliated with either major party that the right to own a gun is to ensure such freedom."

Some interesting findings from the survey:

Americans are now evenly divided over whether the federal government is a protector of individual rights or a threat to those rights.

Sixty percent (60%) feel the federal government today does not have the consent of the governed.

I post this as an example of the attitudes of the "average American". It would seem that surveys exist that indicate the original intent of the Second Amendment is today recognized as it was when written, and that intent is to protect ourselves from tyranny from an oppressive government.

I do not see where the letter referenced in the OP differs all that much from the beliefs of the people surveyed for this poll.

Fuller Malarkey

...and yet... The sheep will HOWL like BANSHEES at the notion that a Government enforcer might get hurt for following unconstitutional orders.

Novel idea... If our "protectors" value our 2A liberties as they claim too, how about standing up with the Sherrif's of their State who've already refused to comply?

You mean like, give up their privileges and the protection of the thin blue line? I find it hard to believe someone with a large enough void in their morals and ethics to be part of the thin blue line will be motivated by guilt or shame to leave their position of security and clan like loyalties.

Most of us are aware of corruptions. I do not believe we have witnessed the full capacity of corruption, nor will we fully appreciate the viciousness that accompanies corruption until that corrupt entity is faced with the threat of loss of power. When motivated by the fear of being stripped of power, we will see an inhuman resistance.

We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. -George Orwell, 1984

Running Wolf

Campaign Veteran

Definitely not a threat. He's reinforcing what the police in every state, not just Connecticut, should already know; the American people, not just gun owners, have been pushed about as far as they will tolerate. Further encroachment on any of the rights guaranteed by the Bill of Rights, especially the First or Second Amendment, may well be the trigger for a second Civil War.

Personal opinion: The state of Connecticut has pushed its citizenry to the limit. Any attempt to confiscate arms and imprison the owners will, I believe, quickly escalate. I also believe that what happens in Connecticut may well spread to some other notoriously anti-Second Amendment states far more quickly than the authorities can move to counter it.

I agree with both these sentiments. I see the biggest danger is a lack of cohesiveness in the 2A community. Divide and conquer will be the MO of those in CT attempting to enforce the current unconstitutional laws. The numbers are sufficient, I wonder if the will is also.