• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

An Open Letter To The Men And Women Of The Connecticut State Police

Running Wolf

Campaign Veteran
Yeah, it sort of does.

Do you know the difference between a question mark (?) and a period (.)?

Hint: In case you misunderstand, the above is a question.

FTR I won't answer any stupid questions.

Adding "amirite?" to the end of a statement doesn't make the statement a question. Yes, "amirite?" is a question, no it doesn't make a statement into a question.

Also saying something "sort of does" doesn't mean something actually does. Amirite?

conandan

it's an intimidating letter, it's designed to put people in fear of doing their jobs.

i wouldn't be surprised if the FBI comes knocking on this guy's door.

you can get a lot more done for the sake of liberty by bringing lawsuits and winning them. sending thinly veiled threats that accomplish absolutely nothing just diminishes the cause.

I would agree with you that bringing lawsuits is the best option. However the court system is stacked against us. Look at all the unconstitutional laws they uphold.

So here is the question? At what point do we stand up?
We can not sit back and hope we can fix these things the old fashioned way. You know what they say about doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Now I'm not advocating violence but we need to find another way or it will be to late.

I do agree with his letter and do not see it as a threat. I see it as being straight forward and to the point.

MKEgal

CT Barfly said:
it's an intimidating letter, it's designed to put people in fear of doing their jobs.
No, it's designed to remind them what will happen if they don't do their job, follow their oath, uphold the law.
What the governor appears to be wanting them to do (confiscate guns, following an unconstitutional edict) would violate the law, as well as being a major case of disorderly conduct (conduct tending to provoke a disturbance).

scott58dh said:
Psycotropic Drugs Kill, Not Guns
Drugs used to treat mental illnesses kill just like guns kill...
that is, some people who take drugs to treat mental illness commit murder
just like some people who own guns commit murder.

Given the number of people who take drugs to treat mental illness and do not harm anyone,
and given the number of people who own guns and do not harm anyone,
it's stupid to say "X kills", no matter which one you insert.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Well, simply put, your ignorance is showing. These I referred to were all men known to write fairly long documents, letters and even the occasional tirade. And I am sure that in their day, there were folks, many happened to be closet Tories, who couldn't be bothered to actually sit, read and then think about the ideas put forth. And while I never inferred that Vanderbaugh somehow represented you, the simple fact of his writing, just as Paine's Common Sense made the rounds of the Colonies and had its deep effect, this man's words resonate with many and may shape the coming years.

But hey, it's every man's fundamental choice of course, to admit he might not know everything and do some studying or he can sit back and attack anything he hasn't taken the time to understand.

CTBAR calls many people "mentally ill" ... I think its just a euphemism with him. Maybe he should change it to "man, this guy seems crazy" instead....

But the guy isn't nuts ... I think he performs better in person talking than on paper with his writings.

CT Barfly

CTBAR calls many people "mentally ill" ... I think its just a euphemism with him. Maybe he should change it to "man, this guy seems crazy" instead....

But the guy isn't nuts ... I think he performs better in person talking than on paper with his writings.

1. full disclosure...i'm not a physician.

2. i'm not sure "many people" means what you think it means.