Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Michigan OCer Arrested?

Michigan OCer Arrested?

The charge seems to be that the cop was "sick of playing around"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqMJDHDXI7U
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Does anyone here know this gentleman? Sounds like we need to show up in force in Romulus. Not just a restaurant meet up, a serious event with press releases.

Even if I have to go there alone, I would like to let these rocket scientist cops know what I think of their actions.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Agree completely,

Not only should he be contacted for support but what aid can be given to file criminal charges against these officers for the documented crimes they committed here needs to be done. While I can not be at a rally (we are in process of moving back to the US from the UK), any support I am able to give, I will gladly give.

I will be getting this information to some other groups that might be interesting in support or aid. Also if a fund is set up for the cost of criminal/civil action will gladly add to that. -Michael

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Watching and following with great interest.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    i don't know the person in the video, but i know (or i've talked to) the channel owner hellssaints.
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Michigander View Post
    Does anyone here know this gentleman? Sounds like we need to show up in force in Romulus. Not just a restaurant meet up, a serious event with press releases.

Even if I have to go there alone, I would like to let these rocket scientist cops know what I think of their actions.
    i'll be there michigander. i live close enough to romulus. just let me know when.

i posted this on MOC's facebook page and phil responded

Phillip HofmeisterI knew of it shortly after it happened in January. I spoke to him and referred him to council.

you tube

The u-tube video posters said he was videoing the events himself, and the cops took his camera and deleted it. If this is true couldn't the cops be charged with tampering and destruction of evidence?

Evidence of what?

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Evidence of what?
    LOL In this case, absence of evidence is absence of evidence.

But remember the Anita Hill accusation of Justice Thomas, that it is not the weight of the absent evidence but the significance of the charges - of yet another isolated incident.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 02-19-2014 at 11:17 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

MOC president TheQ (Phil H.) has reached out to this individual and has given him the name of a lawyer to assist in his legal struggles. it also seems phil knows the lawyer who took the case for this man
    Last edited by SD40VE; 02-19-2014 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Birdman View Post
    The u-tube video posters said he was videoing the events himself, and the cops took his camera and deleted it. If this is true couldn't the cops be charged with tampering and destruction of evidence?
    bambuser. uploads to the web, once its on the web. it never goes away. also good idea to password protect your phone. if they try to take it, hit the lock button quickly and hand it over. they cannot make you give your password.

Quote Originally Posted by SD40VE View Post
    MOC president TheQ (Phil H.) has reached out to this individual and has given him the name of a lawyer to assist in his legal struggles. it also seems phil knows the lawyer who took the case for this man
    Actually the person I referred him to doesn't seem to be representing him. I know there was conversations had. I don't know why the person I referred him to wasn't retained. I don't know any more details. I try to avoid getting details (on purpose) so that way I don't end up as a witness at someone's trial testifying (being compelled to testify against them) about what they told me. Statements against one's interest are an exception to hearsay.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by smellslikemichigan View Post
    i'll be there michigander. i live close enough to romulus. just let me know when.
    If my schedule is open at the time you guys plan, I'll be there too. Would love to go to a city council meeting and ask what discipline the falsely-arresting officer is facing.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Since no one else has posted the location of the stop, I will: Romulus, Michigan.

Pathetic. They should be disciplined and sued.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

Quote Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post
    Pathetic. They should be disciplined and sued.
    If we are talking about the truth of "should", assuming everything is as it seems and there are no hidden mitigating details, the cops should be as a bare minimum fired and lose the privilege of being cops anywhere else. False arrest and prosecution is about as dirty of a move as a cop can do without physically harming someone.
    Last edited by Michigander; 02-19-2014 at 08:19 PM.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Quote Originally Posted by smellslikemichigan View Post
    A city council meeting I am guessing would require a week day, but otherwise I would think sunday would allow for the maximum number of participants.

I am thinking if it isn't centered around a council meeting that an event like we did for Kimberguy in 2009 in Jackson would be a good option. That is, meeting up in an easy to find park, then a walk through the downtown area and police department followed by stopping at a restaurant.
    Last edited by Michigander; 02-19-2014 at 08:21 PM.

Romulus = W. Taylor - expect all sorts of hillbilly nonsense & resistance/ scoffing at the law.

I smell a nice law suit brewing - OC while black = more money out of tax payer pockets because some cop decided his opinion was superior to MCL. A good indicator of a BS stop is a disorderly conduct charge....which has already been tossed.

Hope this guy cleans their clocks in a civil suit.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Everyone got their MOC names but me haha.

Evil creamsicle and I are thinking Sunday March 2nd as a meet up in Romulus day. That day work for you guys?

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    Romulus = W. Taylor - expect all sorts of hillbilly nonsense & resistance/ scoffing at the law.
    Well it certainly never stopped us with Taylor.
    Last edited by Michigander; 02-19-2014 at 11:08 PM.

Banned
    Alas, all those lawsuits where training is part of the settlement seemed to have no affect here.

Hope this guy sues for something that PDs will take note of: $$$$
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 02-20-2014 at 12:22 AM.

Evil creamsicle and I are thinking Sunday March 2nd as a meet up in Romulus day. That day work for you guys?

Well it certainly never stopped us with Taylor.
    Very true - very true.

@ David - cops in general don't give a rats @$$ about losing a civil suit. They lose NOTHING personally! They are paying one tax paying citizen they abused with money the got from other tax paying citizens. The only time they really care is if the losses pile up so much that they face losing their departments insurance coverage. Even with that threat, the individuals on the street may not change short of the department being closed down.

We as citizens need to push hard for substantial reductions in officers "qualified immunity", via legislation. Until then & only then will we see true reforms in officer conduct. IMHO
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 02-20-2014 at 09:19 AM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Damn the audio sucks on this vid. I would love to be able to hear more clearly what was being said.

Make the meetup on a fri, sat or sun and I'll be there for sure.
    Last edited by DeSchaine; 02-20-2014 at 04:08 AM.

MOC is having an event in Grand Rapids that day. http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...-Rapids-3-2-14
    My reasons to OC
    1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
    2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
    3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
    4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
    5. Because I can and want to
    6. Because it's perfectly legal
    7. Self defense

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast