• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Michigan OCer Arrested?

davidmcbeth

Banned
Alas, all those lawsuits where training is part of the settlement seemed to have no affect here.

Hope this guy sues for something that PDs will take note of: $$$$

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

Evil creamsicle and I are thinking Sunday March 2nd as a meet up in Romulus day. That day work for you guys?

Well it certainly never stopped us with Taylor. ;)

Very true - very true. :D

@ David - cops in general don't give a rats @$$ about losing a civil suit. They lose NOTHING personally! They are paying one tax paying citizen they abused with money the got from other tax paying citizens. The only time they really care is if the losses pile up so much that they face losing their departments insurance coverage. Even with that threat, the individuals on the street may not change short of the department being closed down. :mad:

We as citizens need to push hard for substantial reductions in officers "qualified immunity", via legislation. Until then & only then will we see true reforms in officer conduct. IMHO :(

Last edited:

DeSchaine

Damn the audio sucks on this vid. I would love to be able to hear more clearly what was being said.

Make the meetup on a fri, sat or sun and I'll be there for sure.

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

Raggs

Having two events for basically the same thing at the same time might not be the best way. However I am not a member of moc so perhaps they should comment if they want

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Tapatalk

FreeInAZ

Having two events for basically the same thing at the same time might not be the best way. However I am not a member of moc so perhaps they should comment if they want

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Tapatalk

Well one never knows? If it played out well I could see the evening news going something like this: "Gun rights activists appeared at city meetings across the state today..."

Note the term gun rights advocates SUCKS! My guns have no rights. HUMANS have rights: therefore anything that can be taken away from our natural rights to defend ourselves is....wait for it..... a HUMAN RIGHTS issue.

Last edited:

Michigander

Let's be clear on something, I am no longer a member of MOC, and I don't interact with them in any official capacity. I wish them the best with their march, but in light of the irreconcilable differences I pointed out in the past, as well as the quantity of help MOC offered with the march I attempted to organize last year, what MOC prefers is not so very relevant to me. There is also the consideration that in the time period of 2009 to 2011, there were pretty frequent double and triple headers. If we have sunk so far that we can't still pull that off if we want to, especially on two different sides of the state, I would interpret that as meaning we deserve to fail.

bigt8261

Thanks Raggs for pointing out the MOC event on March 2nd. This will be a big event and I have already heard from people that will be coming from all across the state. By that, I mean that I have received personal messages from people that will be coming from both northern Michigan and the east side of the state. Everyone is coming together to send a huge message in GR.

I respectfully request that you do not have another event on the same day. This isn't about competition, this is about attracting the maximum possible crowd to BOTH events. Two large events on separate days is better than two medium events on the same day. Also, think of the press cycle. Events on different days will keep the topic in the news.

I'm sorry for whatever happened with you. As MOC's newest board member, I can say that things are different from 4-5 years ago. It has been quite a learning experience for the organization.

Michigander

I remain quite unconvinced that a significant number of people wish to go to both, and it is in that sense that unless a bunch of people post on here saying they want to go to both and want the date to be held, that it won't matter. If I am proven wrong by people here wanting to get active, I will put my money where my mouth is and attend both myself, and obviously that would be really cool and what I would prefer...

I am most definitely not concerned with competition. Collectivist **** swinging is what tends to ruin gun rights activist organizations in this state, and I certainly saw a lot of the trouble unfold in the past when I was active with MOC. Sure, there are twisted individuals who throw a wrench in the gears for even lesser reasons, but by and large, wanting to feel special and superior to other organizations and leaders destroys it. Meanwhile, all I am saying is that a group of us, or just me if needed, need to go to Romulus and stand up not for ourselves or any organization or any petty nonsense, but for liberty itself. I do hope others here feel the same way.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
(12) NO BASHING OF OTHER GUN RIGHTS ORGANIZATIONS: Regardless of how convinced you are that another gun rights organization is not doing their job, this is not the place to air those concerns unless they are specifically related to an anti-open carry position taken by that organization. All other rants against other gun rights groups will be deleted or the thread locked.

Michigander

(12) NO BASHING OF OTHER GUN RIGHTS ORGANIZATIONS: Regardless of how convinced you are that another gun rights organization is not doing their job, this is not the place to air those concerns unless they are specifically related to an anti-open carry position taken by that organization. All other rants against other gun rights groups will be deleted or the thread locked.

Aside from the one note I deleted about events over a decade ago (and it was and is an important story to understand for those who don't) I was not and am not bashing any gun rights orgs. I am however trying to offer insight which may be used constructively by anyone who wants to use it that way. I was after all a founding member of MOC, one of the first 3 OCers who met up in Brighton 7 years ago, and I am as hopeful as anyone that greater success will find us in due time after more hard work. We cannot however get there by squabbling over dumb ****, and that is the meat of what I am saying.

Last edited:

OC for ME

Who, exactly, bashed who, or what? I didn't read any bashing comments.

ebabymusic313

Here I am

Does anyone here know this gentleman? Sounds like we need to show up in force in Romulus. Not just a restaurant meet up, a serious event with press releases.

Even if I have to go there alone, I would like to let these rocket scientist cops know what I think of their actions.

Hello everyone. That was me and that video. If y'all would like to have a meet in Greek open carry that would be great. We have to stand up to these cops. Romulus just like to hassle people for no reason. Let's make it happen. Anyone need me email me ebabymusic313@Gmail.com I really would like to be apart of this.

OC4me

Hello everyone. That was me and that video. If y'all would like to have a meet in Greek open carry that would be great. We have to stand up to these cops. Romulus just like to hassle people for no reason. Let's make it happen. Anyone need me email me ebabymusic313@Gmail.com I really would like to be apart of this.
Welcome to the forum ebabymusic and thanks for exercising your rights! Sorry that my family and I are too far away to attend any sort of meet & greet but I hope that others will take you up on your offer. You'll find a lot of supportive members of this forum.

Evil Creamsicle

Welcome. Michigander and I, and I'm sure others, were hoping you might find your way here. I'm game if a meetup is going to go down.

Michigander

ebaby, so glad you signed up here. :)

I do believe my point has been demonstrated in regards to the lack of people wanting to attend both events. For this reason, I would suggest we meet up on sunday, barring any disagreement on the grounds of wanting to go to both. If this looks like it will work out, I will make a new thread within the next day or so to structure the event (not that we can't do multiples).

ebabymusic313

Thanks again

I do believe my point has been demonstrated in regards to the lack of people wanting to attend both events. For this reason, I would suggest we meet up on sunday, barring any disagreement on the grounds of wanting to go to both. If this looks like it will work out, I will make a new thread within the next day or so to structure the event (not that we can't do multiples).

Thanks to everyone for having me. We can meet up any time what ever fit everyone. I still open carry. I am looking to sue the department of Romulus police. They keep hassling me that I'm opening carrying. I'm just waiting on a day we all get together and meet and stand up for our right's. I'm 23 year's old and I will not lose my rights to some cop's thay hate to see citizens arm.

Ezerharden

I would likely make both if on different days. Romulus is much closer to me however I have already committed to Grand Rapids for that day.