• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC on Motorcycle

GhostOfJefferson

Buckeye here, going to be riding through MO on my way to South Dakota this summer. The last time I rode through MO I cc'd, as I'm aware of the legal quilting fest y'all have regarding OC in your state (or at least, had at the time). This is two years later though, and I'm curious if riding through with my sidearm on my hip, not stopping except for gas and food (and then only outside major cities) and not staying in MO proper, if I'm generally good to go now that a couple of years have passed and (hopefully) things have improved regarding OC?

My route will be coming in on 55N in the south part of the state from TN, transferring to 70W from the outer belt of St. Louis then heading to 29N from Kansas City into Iowa. My appearance is well groomed, upper middle class, not gang member or grungy, or other things that make me look "dangerous" to cops (outside of the sidearm, I guess).

Last edited:

kcgunfan

Things have not yet improved with OC, but hope springs eternal. There is no way to tell if a particular town is safe, so my advice for out of staters is still to CCW if you can.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

OC for ME

Take 55N to 270N, then 64W to 70W. you will bypass STL for the most part. I'd keep it covered, sorry to disappoint. Hopefully, next year will be different and your CPL (or whatever it is called where your from) will be your "permission" to OC anywhere in MO. You'll save yourself about 20 minutes drive time and avoid downtown traffic where 70/64 cross over from IL to MO.

Oramac

Take 55N to 270N, then 64W to 70W. you will bypass STL for the most part. I'd keep it covered, sorry to disappoint. Hopefully, next year will be different and your CPL (or whatever it is called where your from) will be your "permission" to OC anywhere in MO. You'll save yourself about 20 minutes drive time and avoid downtown traffic where 70/64 cross over from IL to MO.

QFT. I'd definitely keep it covered this time around. Next year should be a different story. Wheels are in motion.

GhostOfJefferson

Thanks, noted.

I'm avoiding Illinois entirely, tbh, heading down from Columbus OH through Kentucky, then TN into MO. I don't do anti-gun states, not one copper penny from me. I'd rather take the time hit. Philosophy in action I guess you'd call it.

Good info on covering. Sucks but what can ya' do, right? I'm a bit spoiled on OC, outside of Cleveland, Ohio has become quite OC friendly.