• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SB343: Would allow Open-Carry & use of Rockets & Mortars

Repeater

Senator Tom Garrett would allow this, although localities will NOT be preempted:

Bill would allow for Roman candles, mortars
A bill close to making bottle rockets and other airborne fireworks legal in Virginia may go boom.

Sen. Tom Garrett's SB343 would make Roman candles and mortars legal, but it would allow localities to keep their prohibition in place.

Garrett, R-Louisa County, said the bill could create as many as 1,000 full-time and 10,000 seasonal jobs, and could give small-business owners a chance to take fireworks business from big-box stores that sell ground-based sparklers that are currently legal, but that won't always sell airborne explosives.

The bill passed the Senate 35-2, but hit a snag Tuesday in a House subcommittee.

Deeds and Petersen voted against this.

Look at this posted comment on the Pilot:
They've already won the battle over guns, now they want to legalize another way to maim or kill people. Plus, this one sets unwanted fires.

TFred

Look at this posted comment on the Pilot:

They've already won the battle over guns, now they want to legalize another way to maim or kill people. Plus, this one sets unwanted fires.
It's hard to over-state this, so I'll re-state the obvious. These crazy gun-grabbers really do think this way. They actually think we are evil people. "We" read this comment and assume it's hyperbole. While I don't know this individual person, odds are it is not, but reflects their real opinion.

And yes, it's scary.

TFred

davidmcbeth

Banned
It's hard to over-state this, so I'll re-state the obvious. These crazy gun-grabbers really do think this way. They actually think we are evil people. "We" read this comment and assume it's hyperbole. While I don't know this individual person, odds are it is not, but reflects their real opinion.

And yes, it's scary.

TFred

Yeah, they have something wrong with their brains ... I've talked to many of them ... they go through life not knowing the world around them and think if they don't have a gun then it is less likely that a criminal will or that a gov't official won't shoot them merely for holding a Wii controller. Foolish humans.

The Wolfhound

a great previous comment

Someone posted here a few months back that it amazed them that such people cannot make it through the day without bleeting at least once. That clearly applies here as well. These people need to be protected from everything! Wrap them in bubblewrap and ship them somewhere else!