• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Georgia Police Shoot Unarmed Teen As He Answers Their Knock At Door

OC for ME

Thanks for posting.

Article made me shake my head til it hurt.
You are most welcome.

Law and Evans also wonder why the GBI crime scene techs didn't feel it was necessary to collect the Wii remote.

"You can see dried blood on it. I asked two GBI agents canvassing the trailer park about it, but they said it had no evidential value," said Law.
:shocker:

Our GA members may correct, but I think the GBI is held in a low regard, in GA, where their credibility is concerned. It seems that they are "impartiality challenged."

PistolPackingMomma

That part made me shake the hardest. Like, wtf, REALLY?...

Tv crime procedural shows display a better work ethic. Guess that's the fiction part.

Rusty Young Man

From the story it sounds like the woman was another police officer that should have been removed from the force long ago.

Seems like it.
From OC for ME's linked article (http://archive.11alive.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=323354):
"Gatny worked there for 10 years prior to that and personnel records indicate that she was written up and suspended a number of times for various infractions.

In 2008, while confronting three suspects, she fired her service weapon. An internal investigation found the suspect was trying to remove his backpack. She was convinced he was going for a gun, but a fellow officer said he never thought the suspect was armed.
Internal Affairs concluded she should not be punished because the initial call for service said the suspects could have been armed."
I'd definitely like to wee what the "various infractions" were for.
And not including the Wii remote?! Without it present, wouldn't the investigation then have to report "the suspect was unarmed and empty-handed when shot"?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner

And this little ...........went wii wii wii all the way home.

Lol nice. I seen what you did there. :D
Me too......but he did it so nicely.

papa bear

it has crossed my mind that she was trying to get a disability by shooting this kid. that would be premeditation.

she was going to shoot whom ever answered the door (or any other place she could have). now she will cry that she had mental problems that made her do it.

but i am really appalled at the way the government is handleing the investigation. seems they want to screw it up on purpose

PistolPackingMomma

Guess it's been swept under the rug, in the hopes everyone will move on to the latest phone release and celebrity gossip. Y'know, "important" stuff. :headbang:

OC for ME