• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Georgia Police Shoot Unarmed Teen As He Answers Their Knock At Door

Fuller Malarkey

A different spin on warrant service I guess. As no-knock warrants haven't been working out too well for the invaders, it seems they've gone back to the old fashioned way of serving warrants.......by simply walking up to the door and knocking. With a twist.

"The eyewitnesses on the scene clearly state that he had a Wii controller in his hand. He heard a knock at the door. He asked who it was, there was no response so he opened the door and upon opening the door he was immediately shot in the chest”

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2014/02/19/2961957/attorney-georgia-police-shot-an.html

The killer, a government agent was reportedly upset after the shooting and was witnessed crying. I'm gonna guess the investigations into these "isolated incidents" must be uncomfortable or something.

As can be expected, the blue line has formed and little more since Friday is forthcoming.

No need to stand by for more news. this is what we'll get, and let that be a lesson to parents everywhere. You mess up, your kid may be paying the price for you.

ETA: To see how this relates to open carry, please see the explanation in post #2.

Last edited:

DocWalker

You do realize this thread will be closed by the officail police "PC" enforcer for being cop bashing, even if it is true.

To relate it to OCing a Wii controller could look like you are packing to the untrained eyes of an idiot that is trigger happy in the name of officer safety.

davidmcbeth

Banned
He was playing Call of Duty ... so his controller was a gun. That's their explanation?

What, we have to wear body armor in our house and have our kids wear it as well?

We'll see where this one goes ...

Why was the cop there? Probation violation of another household member.

PistolPackingMomma

The killer, a female, was reportedly upset after the shooting and was witnessed crying. I'm gonna guess the investigations into these "isolated incidents" must be uncomfortable or something.

Dude. I have zero love for cops, but your speculation that she is upset about being investigated rather than remorse for killing an innocent teen is below the belt.

Tread carefully, lest you end up with the same mentality towards others that you despise in LE.

Last edited:

Fuller Malarkey

Dude. I have zero love for cops, but your speculation that she is upset about being investigated rather than remorse for killing an innocent teen is below the belt.

Tread carefully, lest you end up with the same mentality towards others that you despise in LE.

PPM, I truly meant no offense to you or your gender. That was an oversight, and I can and will change the wording to reflect "government agent".

OC for ME

I'm sure that the good officers' remorse will be comforting to the dead teens parents. the real concern is what a jury will think of the good officers' remorse, if she ever faces a jury, criminal or civil.

Running Wolf

Campaign Veteran

PPM, I truly meant no offense to you or your gender. That was an oversight, and I can and will change the wording to reflect "government agent".

I think you're missing PPM's point, one with which I agree. The officer was understandably upset about mistakenly shooting someone, because officer's are, contrary to some people's assertions, human.

OC for ME

I think you're missing PPM's point, one with which I agree. The officer was understandably upset about mistakenly shooting someone, because officer's are, contrary to some people's assertions, human.
I am human, contrary to what my wife claims from time to time, but I certainly would know the difference between a Wii controller and a BB gun, even given a split second observation.....or real gun, if you take her boss' word on what the dead teen had in his hand.....in his own home. Witness accounts will be critical and likely aggressively discredited by local LEA.....it has started.

More information is needed.

PistolPackingMomma

I'm sure that the good officers' remorse will be comforting to the dead teens parents. the real concern is what a jury will think of the good officers' remorse, if she ever faces a jury, criminal or civil.

I am sure nothing the officer can do in the scope of this universe will comfort the parents involved.

DocWalker

I have a wii and all my gun controllers are BRIGHT ORANGE or WHITE PLASTIC and couldn't be mistaken for a real gun. This is unless you are looking for an excuse or reason to see what you want to see deep in your psyche.

This was plain out murder just as if someone did a drive-by. Forget the fact the person that committed homicide was a cop as it shouldn't matter in this case.

Fuller Malarkey

Looks like you and I posted this same "isolated incident" up at the same time. Sorry for intruding on covered ground. It's not like there's a shortage of material to work with. :lol::lol:

There is trend developing that I don't think should be ignored. The mentally ill, the elderly and unarmed teenagers are being mowed down like there is a bounty on them. By police. The slogan needs to change to match the times:

"Roving and Exterminating"

Police have killed 839 people in the U.S. since May 1 2013. About nine months.

We've lost a total of 828 U. S. troops in Afghanistan in the last FOUR YEARS.

Fuller Malarkey

Edited by Fuller Malarkey:

You are right Running Wolf. I was wrong to stoop to that level and use the situation to bash on this cop. Please see a fuller apology in a later post.
Thank you for pointing this out.

Last edited:

Fuller Malarkey

To the forum members and guests

I need to apologize to all participating or that may read this thread. In the original post, I made a very small, common and deceitful allegation that the police officer involved in the shooting of the deceased was upset and cried because of possible consequences, when in reality, the horror and shock of taking anothers life is more likely and plausible than my depiction that all police are heartless and in cover their ass mode. I have no way of knowing any such thing. This police officer is due the benefit of the doubt.

I have allowed my spitefulness and contempt to affect my image in a manner that embarrasses me. I will work at following the lead of those I admire and stick to direct punches rather than pot stirring and muddying the waters.

Last edited:

PistolPackingMomma

I have a wii and all my gun controllers are BRIGHT ORANGE or WHITE PLASTIC and couldn't be mistaken for a real gun. This is unless you are looking for an excuse or reason to see what you want to see deep in your psyche.

This was plain out murder just as if someone did a drive-by. Forget the fact the person that committed homicide was a cop as it shouldn't matter in this case.

There is nothing defensible here; she did something horrific and should see the same justice a non-cop would be subject to.

But to imply that she does not have the capacity to regret her actions declassifies her as a human being, which makes us no better than the thug cops who see us as less than human, equal of the same rights and treatment.

stealthyeliminator

Knock-knock. Who's there? Bang.

Officer cried after committing negligent homicide (at best)? I'm sorry, but, I'm not feeling any sympathy. Officer being a human has nothing to do with it...

Last edited: