• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Georgia Police Shoot Unarmed Teen As He Answers Their Knock At Door

stealthyeliminator

Looks like you and I posted this same "isolated incident" up at the same time. Sorry for intruding on covered ground. It's not like there's a shortage of material to work with. :lol::lol:

There is trend developing that I don't think should be ignored. The mentally ill, the elderly and unarmed teenagers are being mowed down like there is a bounty on them. By police. The slogan needs to change to match the times:

"Roving and Exterminating"

Police have killed 839 people in the U.S. since May 1 2013. About nine months.

We've lost a total of 828 U. S. troops in Afghanistan in the last FOUR YEARS.

Seems fitting. I like it.

onus

But to imply that she does not have the capacity to regret her actions declassifies her as a human being, which makes us no better than the thug cops who see us as less than human, equal of the same rights and treatment.

Wrong. Being insensitive and cynical does NOT bring someone down to the level of a murderer.

solus

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/attorney-georgia-teen-killed-by-cop-was-holding-wii-controller/

released ~3 hours ago and the article flatly states it was a game controller.

tho another article (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ps-front-door-family-lawyer-article-1.1619842) says the city police insist it was a gun!

sorry the Female who killed the teen is distraught and broken up - i am sure she will go on disability for ptsd, retire $$$ and live happily ever after...uh, the family is missing their son due to her aggressiveness!
ipse

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Just a word of warning, if these cop posts keep going the owners and mods might take action. I am on board with you guys and find these acts atrocious. So if they are put to a stop please feel free to share them on my FB page Another Isolated Incident. It's truly sad that several can be posted a day.

sudden valley gunner

There is nothing defensible here; she did something horrific and should see the same justice a non-cop would be subject to.

But to imply that she does not have the capacity to regret her actions declassifies her as a human being, which makes us no better than the thug cops who see us as less than human, equal of the same rights and treatment.

+1

sudden valley gunner

There are two pages by that name. Which one is yours?

The one with the then and now showing the Gestapo dressed similarly to the militarized police we know today.

Dang I started mine sometime ago, that other page passing me by, I need some good admins, who wants to volunteer? I am super busy and not facebook knowledgeable.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
There is nothing defensible here; she did something horrific and should see the same justice a non-cop would be subject to.

She is certainly being accorded nicer treatment than you if you would have done the same thing....

Why is she not behind bars?

OC for ME

I have a wii and all my gun controllers are BRIGHT ORANGE or WHITE PLASTIC and couldn't be mistaken for a real gun. This is unless you are looking for an excuse or reason to see what you want to see deep in your psyche.

This was plain out murder just as if someone did a drive-by. Forget the fact the person that committed homicide was a cop as it shouldn't matter in this case.
What crime has the officer committed? Perusing the Georgia Code, her act and her justification for her act does not seem to meet the requirements to be charged with the child's death. Title 16, Chapter 5 of the GA Code.

This will be a civil matter. Criminal charges will most likely not be filed. I hope that I am wrong.

Just a terrible yet unfortunate accident.

OC for ME

What crime has the officer committed? Perusing the Georgia Code, her act and her justification for her act does not seem to meet the requirements to be charged with the child's death. Title 16, Chapter 5 of the GA Code.

This will be a civil matter. Criminal charges will most likely not be filed. I hope that I am wrong.

Just a terrible yet unfortunate accident.
Well, upon further review, a misdemeanor may be in the good officer's future, may be. This event may disbar her from further wok in the LE field, aside from her voluntarily exiting the LE field. But there is no guarantee. There is no "negligent homicide" in the GA Code, that I could find.

Again, nothing more than a civil matter at this point if I read the GA Code correctly.

OC for ME

Uh, they already did disclose that a gun was at the scene.
Euharlee police said two officers arrived at roughly 7:35 p.m. and Roupe answered the door with a gun drawn — contradicting the lawyer and witness claims that he was unarmed, expect for the video game device.
So, which is it EPD? Gun or no gun.

If a citizen did what that cop did there most certainly would not be equal justice being applied. The burden placed upon We The People when we discharge our weapon in "self defense" is not always equal to a cop's use of her weapon in "self defense."