• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Nevada Organization

At Ease

Alright Nevada gun owners, thank you to those who attended our little meet in washoe county. We will be creating a Gun Rights Lobby gruop to first address local issues and and eventually state laws as well. If everyone is in agreement, we will be having a follow up meeting on Saturday, February 22nd at the Pit at 12:30pm. Stay tuned folks.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
I'll probably be there. I definitely think we should start by focusing on resolving the Washoe County issues. Sorry I haven't been so responsive lately, I've just been so busy. Last night I went to the safety meeting in the Washoe County building.

Last edited:

At Ease

Right on! Same here. I know we are all very busy and its hard to make the time for this. I completely agree, we need to focus locally first. Thank you!

Vegassteve

I wish you guys luck I really do. But I would think adding yourselves to the membership of Stillwater Firearms would do as much if not more good. They are a established group that has done a ton of good for the state laws. And they are up north with you and have the members to help you fight what ever local issues you have.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
I wish you guys luck I really do. But I would think adding yourselves to the membership of Stillwater Firearms would do as much if not more good. They are a established group that has done a ton of good for the state laws. And they are up north with you and have the members to help you fight what ever local issues you have

We have some very specific issues in Washoe County that we need to address.

Stillwater firearms is based in Fallon, in Churchilll County, not Washoe. Stillwater is a great organization, and NVFAC is starting to show a little promise maybe, but neither are Washoe County specific and we want to make some Washoe County issues our #1 priority.

We are starting out with a small active group here in Washoe, we are meeting in Washoe, and we plan to immediately start working on some of our county issues.

Last edited:

The Big Guy

Stillwater firearms is based in Fallon, in Churchilll County, not Washoe. Stillwater is a great organization, and NVFAC is starting to show a little promise maybe, but neither are Washoe County specific and we want to make some Washoe County issues our #1 priority.

We are starting out with a small active group here in Washoe, we are meeting in Washoe, and we plan to immediately start working on some of our county issues.

I believe your strategy is correct. Many think that You go after the head (state) and the rest will follow. In fact you take out the local first. Chippin' away. It does no good to pass laws, or better yet eliminate some, at the state level when the local authorities pay no attention to them. Localities are more susceptible to pressure. A small group can accomplish more on the local level. Then spread it upward.

Good luck.

TBG

Vegassteve

AHHH that shows some of my ignorance. I had ASSumed for some reason Stillwater was is Washoe. I would not under any circumstances put any money or time into NVFAC thoughh.

At Ease

Next time we meet we will probably meet at the local libraries to see what type of 2nd amendment literature they have.

Yes Felid, That sounds like a plan. Apologies to all for missing Saturday's meet. The pains of being a single father strikes again. If Felid or John wants to set the date and time for this nest Public Library meeting, that would be great. Just post it here and I'll make sure to be there!