Thread: OC at Shadle Wal-Mart in Spokane

OC at Shadle Wal-Mart in Spokane

Working last night at Shadle Wal-Mart and had to snicker a little bit when a couple of customers started to tell me there was a dangerous man with a gun walking around the store. First, it was completely holstered and secured (as far as I saw of it), and second, to make it funnier, there was absolutely no magazine inside of it. Otherwise, yet another quiet night. So if you come on this website and were carrying last night about 7ish pm, thank you

Would like to see it a little more often, personally.

In other news: Finally got a new OWB holster for my new Springfield Armory .45 1911 Mil-Spec....so much happier now, since I'm not using a crummy generic one!!
    Last edited by modernknight; 02-19-2014 at 06:59 PM.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    That is humorous!

Maybe a California transplant?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by modernknight View Post
    Working last night at Shadle Wal-Mart and had to snicker a little bit when a couple of customers started to tell me there was a dangerous man with a gun walking around the store. First, it was completely holstered and secured (as far as I saw of it), and second, to make it funnier, there was absolutely no magazine inside of it.
    Why not carry a rock at that point?

...wow.
    "There is NO timer in a gunfight, but there IS another guy with a gun, and he's probably in a hurry!"- from someone who bothered to go and check

Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    Why not carry a rock at that point?

...wow.

It seemed to work against one scared ignorant person....

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Well he did say Walmart.
    "There is NO timer in a gunfight, but there IS another guy with a gun, and he's probably in a hurry!"- from someone who bothered to go and check

So, against all hoplophobes and most elected officials.

Wait, elected officials are only as smart as those who elect them....
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

He did look young, so always possible he was nervous about even carrying, so figured an empty gun was better and would draw less attention. Hopefully he did have the magazine in his pocket, at the very least.

I thought it was great though since I had a chance to educate a few employees and a couple customers, so worked out in the end.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    Well he did say Walmart.
    Hey, I resemble that remark....

He did look young, so always possible he was nervous about even carrying, so figured an empty gun was better and would draw less attention. Hopefully he did have the magazine in his pocket, at the very least.

I thought it was great though since I had a chance to educate a few employees and a couple customers, so worked out in the end.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
    That's a good point. He may be taking baby steps until more comfortable. If so good for him at least he was carrying.

Retracing my steps from Tuesday night, now I know I lost that magazine BEFORE I got to Walmart. Reduces the number of places I have to look.

Thanks guys.

Just kidding - wasn't me. Plus that description of looking 'young' hasn't applied in a long time.

Good on him for carrying. Hopefully he'll get comfortable enough to load it soon.
    No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law. Union Pacific Rail Co. vs Botsford as quoted in Terry v Ohio.

Talk to your cats about catnip - before it's too late.

Quote Originally Posted by ak56 View Post
    Retracing my steps from Tuesday night, now I know I lost that magazine BEFORE I got to Walmart. Reduces the number of places I have to look.

Thanks guys.

Just kidding - wasn't me. Plus that description of looking 'young' hasn't applied in a long time.

Good on him for carrying. Hopefully he'll get comfortable enough to load it soon.
    LOL...that was a good one, can always use the laugh!

That's a good point. He may be taking baby steps until more comfortable. If so good for him at least he was carrying.
    +1

No mag? What's the point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pistolprincess45 View Post
    No mag? What's the point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Welcome to the forum Princess.

There is no point to the story other than conjecture, as no one knows who the person is or why the empty mag well.

Maybe it came out in his vehicle, maybe he forgot it - lots of maybe's, no answers. Ever find your mag release button had been depressed? - I have.

There is the sugggested warning that we all should be aware of the condition of our tools.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Working last night at Shadle Wal-Mart and had to snicker a little bit when a couple of customers started to tell me there was a dangerous man with a gun walking around the store. First, it was completely holstered and secured (as far as I saw of it), and second, to make it funnier, there was absolutely no magazine inside of it. Otherwise, yet another quiet night. So if you come on this website and were carrying last night about 7ish pm, thank you

Would like to see it a little more often, personally.

In other news: Finally got a new OWB holster for my new Springfield Armory .45 1911 Mil-Spec....so much happier now, since I'm not using a crummy generic one!!
    Sounds like a transplant from the People's Democratic Republic of Kalifornia.

As to the holster, congrats! Any chance of photos? I've been known to appreciate fine art.

@pistolprincess45: Welcome to the forum and greetings from sunny, dry Arizona! Hope you'll stick around and join in the passionate conversation.

@Grapeshot: My mag release button is definitely on the heavier side, but I wholly agree with your statement:
    "we all should be aware of the condition of our tools" - Grapeshot, 13 March, 2014
    Know thy tools, know thyself, and know thine enemy.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke