• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Record a FL cop and spend the night in jail

Kopis

Looks like she'll win a little lottery payout at our expense. I dont understand why a cop would become so enraged for being recorded. He is out in public and it was just a HOV lane stop. Just write her a ticket and move on.

cirrusly

Glad she took the initiative and felt comfortable filming a public servant in a public place. Nothing wrong with that.

OC for ME

Might have been better to say that a few officers in some locations have a similar problem.
Given the number of interactions between the citizenry and cops from a national perspective "all the time" must certainly be a jurisdictional thing. Some jurisdictions certainly seem to have an inordinately higher frequency of these "insulted" cops.

Might have been better to say that; all the time, everywhere? No. All the time, somewhere? Yes.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Painting with an extremely broad brush there.

In thousands of hours of OCing & videotaping have never seen such personally nor do I know anyone that has.

Might have been better to say that a few officers in some locations have a similar problem.

In fairness, it's rampant in Floriduh. I've got dozens of videos, but I'm not a YouTube attention *****.

I think it's an ego thing. They're used to impunity and the camera takes that away... Can't say I've spent a lot of time examining this microcosm, but I have spent a lot of time examining that the FDLE promotes a lot of bad attitudes and behaviours openly and deliberately. You see it most with City Police and State Officers. Not so much with Rural Sheriffs.

FDLE promotes violence against citizens and they're not even bashful about it. All you have to do is ask them...

It's not so much that FDLE and Cops in FL are all a bunch of egotistical bad apples that belong inb prison instead of armed and in uniform... It's that the politicains in the right palces hand-pick people like that for the job. The mental defects are pre-existing...

It's more accurate to say that, in Floriduh, extreme hormone addicts are chosen by the government to be the police force.