• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anybody Rocking An FNX45 Tactical

Silvertongue

My distaste of naming anything "tactical" aside, I've spent the past couple years staring at photos of this gun (and its precursor, the FNP) and was decidedly tickled when my Shooter's Depot told me it could be mine for a good deal.

So does anybody here have experience with them? I've never owned an FNH anything, so any experience with their customer service department would also be great.

Google gives mixed results on both topics, as it seems a sometimes-faulty magazine catch combines with sometimes-rude people.

SD40VE

My distaste of naming anything "tactical" aside, I've spent the past couple years staring at photos of this gun (and its precursor, the FNP) and was decidedly tickled when my Shooter's Depot told me it could be mine for a good deal.

So does anybody here have experience with them? I've never owned an FNH anything, so any experience with their customer service department would also be great.

Google gives mixed results on both topics, as it seems a sometimes-faulty magazine catch combines with sometimes-rude people.

i have a five seven. no issues with it at all. great shooting gun

solus

I also carry the FN 5.7, but several years ago, for varied reasons, made a conscious, cost based decision for to go to only one caliber! i did the research and went with the 9mm firearms.

that said, i have a couple of FNX-9 & FNS-9 and they are exceptional firearms to shoot and carry.

However, my true love is the 5.7, especially since the ammo cost has only risen a dollar or two on a box of 50. Now a box of 9s at gander are going for a nice $45+ (interesting to note, they have gaggles of 9 on the shelves-at that price it doesn't surprise me).

FNH's customer service is clutzy at best but their technicians are top notch.

their intake of firearms leaves a lot to be desired as there is no feed back from them that they have received your inbound firearm and the outbound is worse...they shipped mine back w/o informing me and i was out of the area and if i hadn't called asking the status on my repair i wouldn't have been able to ensure the nice ups driver didn't leave it on my porch... where it would have sat for two weeks!!

ipse

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

I rock the non tacti-cool FNX 45. They are decent guns. However they have had issues with steel case ammo jamming/wedging in the mags. They have also had issues with the extractors breaking... so all in all...weigh those known issues before you plunk down $1000-1100 on it. Grips are a source of folks whining about how they hurt peoples hands...these were designed for operators...wear shooting gloves. ;)

Cava3r4

I have an FNX-45.
bought it at Bear Mountain in Mesa for $700 even.
It came with 3 fifteen round magazines
two different back straps (spring housings on a 1911)
locking cable
plastic carrying case.
Shoots well, but the sights are NOT adustable, they are FIXED.
HTH

solus

I have an FNX-45.
bought it at Bear Mountain in Mesa for $700 even.
It came with 3 fifteen round magazines
two different back straps (spring housings on a 1911)
locking cable
plastic carrying case.
Shoots well, but the sights are NOT adustable, they are FIXED.
HTH

take a look at william's sights model 70991 $50 +/- at http://www.williamsgunsight.com/gunsights/pistol.htm either directly from william's or brownells...

relatively easy to change on the the FN's at least on my four i own...

ipse

Cava3r4

those sights are high and have the fiber optic in them. What I want is an adjustable steel sight like what Bomar used to make (they are gone now unfortunately),
Also I don't want white dots. It takes me TOO long to focus on them, I am used to the old "sight alignment" method. Old school I guess but it works fAST and best for me. The only thing that beats sight alignment for me is a holographic but then it is too LARGE.