Thread: 'Smart' gun control? Dem bill would require all new guns be 'personalized'

Exclamation 'Smart' gun control? Dem bill would require all new guns be 'personalized'

Sen. Edward Markey has unveiled a gun control bill he says will help reduce firearm violence by requiring all new guns be "personalized" with special features, such as fingerprint-reading technology, so they can only be fired by their owners or other authorized users.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...-personalized/
    LOJAC/On Star for your gat. Cops will be able to send a signal and disable your gat(s). Not surprising that a NE Liberal thinks this one up. Cops will love this one. I predict that the cop unions will be supporting this bill. After all, if one cop's life is saved by disabling all guns then it is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    LOJAC/On Star for your gat. Cops will be able to send a signal and disable your gat(s). Not surprising that a NE Liberal thinks this one up. Cops will love this one. I predict that the cop unions will be supporting this bill. After all, if one cop's life is saved by disabling all guns then it is worth it.
    Once again, the NRA misses the point of what liberals want regarding this technology. The NRA thinks it is a good idea.

More economic stimulation by regulation - just think of the increased value of 100 million dumb reliable guns. Will the FedGov agents be limited to "smart guns". Hackers will become heroes.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    Last thing you'll see "battery low" ....

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Last thing you'll see "battery low" ....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	low battery.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	2.1 KB 
ID:	11291