• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

'Smart' gun control? Dem bill would require all new guns be 'personalized'

OC for ME

Sen. Edward Markey has unveiled a gun control bill he says will help reduce firearm violence by requiring all new guns be "personalized" with special features, such as fingerprint-reading technology, so they can only be fired by their owners or other authorized users.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/02/20/dem-bill-would-require-all-new-guns-be-personalized/
LOJAC/On Star for your gat. Cops will be able to send a signal and disable your gat(s). Not surprising that a NE Liberal thinks this one up. Cops will love this one. I predict that the cop unions will be supporting this bill. After all, if one cop's life is saved by disabling all guns then it is worth it.

OC for ME

LOJAC/On Star for your gat. Cops will be able to send a signal and disable your gat(s). Not surprising that a NE Liberal thinks this one up. Cops will love this one. I predict that the cop unions will be supporting this bill. After all, if one cop's life is saved by disabling all guns then it is worth it.
Once again, the NRA misses the point of what liberals want regarding this technology. The NRA thinks it is a good idea. :shocker: