• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond OC Breakfast Sat. 2/22

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Greater Richmond OC Breakfast Sat. 2/22 9:30 am

A "Thank You" event for RCD always being there for us.

River City Diner
803 East Parham Road...........Get Directions
Richmond, VA 23227-1107
(804) 266-1500

location_parham.jpg

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Among other things, we will be celebrating the first recorded, documented pig flight.

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Gonna be there but will either be on two canes for Skid to laugh at or crutches. Blew the damn knee out even worse last night and it keeps going sideways now.
By Advil stock, I expect it to go up.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Gonna be there but will either be on two canes for Skid to laugh at or crutches. Blew the damn knee out even worse last night and it keeps going sideways now.
By Advil stock, I expect it to go up.
Gonna have to get you a horse........or a mule to match your disposition :)

CavTrooperCason

Looking forward to seeing you all!

Looking forward to tomorrow, get to see all my pards again. A little birdy tells me that Tazdad will also make his reappearance tomorrow!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Going to be a beautiful day - the outside meeting room will be open - sure do miss the old "desk."

Looking forward to seeing everyone. Bring your tall tales or not, but be there or get talked about :p

sidestreet

Gonna try to make it…,

but I got forty eleven things to do today and the Sandman is only half a step behind. I don't dare look back or he'll get me!!! Gonna have to be a drive by breakfast for sure, if that!!!

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
We met new folks. It sounded like they were not scared off and may even come back again.

Peter nap was insulted. The offending party ought to be glad dueling was recently outlawed.

Grapeshot demonstrated his amazing skills at musical chairs.

For some reason the first recorded, documented fligt by a pig got less discussion than anticipated. Is there some reason Senate District 16 is not mentioned in polite company? (Well, aside from all those other reasons.) However, the discussion about KB, Lobbyist nonpareil was enlightening.

stay safe.

1245A Defender

Well,,,

We met new folks. It sounded like they were not scared off and may even come back again.

Peter nap was insulted. The offending party ought to be glad dueling was recently outlawed.

Grapeshot demonstrated his amazing skills at musical chairs.

For some reason the first recorded, documented fligt by a pig got less discussion than anticipated. Is there some reason Senate District 16 is not mentioned in polite company? (Well, aside from all those other reasons.) However, the discussion about KB, Lobbyist nonpareil was enlightening.

stay safe.

sorry I couldnt make it to this meet,,, or any of the others in Virginia....

But you Must finally tell us all in the peanut gallery, the tale of the... drowning terrorist...

1245A Defender

Hey!!!

Once upon a time, in a land far, far away.............;)

I wasnt talking to you grape,,,, I want a REAL story..... thats why I was asking skid...
Now HE knows how to tell a story!!! You are good at bossy,,, but I want to be entertained!!!

And I am not above begging,,,, so skid,,, I implore you... Give to me...
Youve got the best stuff,,, You know I need it... Ill do anything you ask,,, PLEASE!!!!! Tell it to me_____.....

scouser

I wasnt talking to you grape,,,, I want a REAL story..... thats why I was asking skid...
Now HE knows how to tell a story!!! You are good at bossy,,, but I want to be entertained!!!

And I am not above begging,,,, so skid,,, I implore you... Give to me...
Youve got the best stuff,,, You know I need it... Ill do anything you ask,,, PLEASE!!!!! Tell it to me_____.....

Last summer my contribution to helping skid with a project involved 2 trips from the Richmond area to the Springfield area, deep into North of the Ni territory. On the second trip skid was with me in the UHaul. Heading north, somewhere around Ashland, he mentioned that he had been under the impression in his youth that he was about to be drafted into the US military for 2 years, that he was against the involvement in Vietnam and so he voluntarily signed up for 4 years in the USMC.

I turned to him with an obviously puzzled expression on my face and said one word "why?". His explanation finished when we reached Allmans BBQ in Fredericksburg ON OUR WAY BACK !!

But, yeah, skid can tell a story and keep it interesting the entire time.