Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 37

Glock 37

Well I am on my way to becoming a Glock Snob, just purchased a second Glock.

I was actually looking for another police trade in. But the trades jumped in price and were almost as much as new. In the case of the M&P the difference between trade and new was only 6 dollars. I almost went with a new M&P when I discovered the Glock 37 was actually 20 dollars less.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

All down hill from here... wait till you start shooting and carrying them.

They really are good guns as you may have already figured out.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Wow two Glocks now what are you going to do.

Pretty soon you well be seen out in public with them on your hip.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

The number one threat to public safety are plastic guns that can not be detected my metal detectors.

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    Wow two Glocks now what are you going to do.

Pretty soon you well be seen out in public with them on your hip.
    I have been carrying the 22 all day today to get test out the holster I just finished today. I will not abandon my loved ones(SA revolvers), but I can see carrying one on occasion.

The 22 is not a bad gun, not as accurate as the SA revolvers or even my 1911's. I haven't shot it at a rest so I can not swear to how accurate it is capable of, about three inch groups at 10 yards offhand. With my SA revolvers and my 1911's I can put rounds downrange and always have one jagged hole targets. But then I don't think Glocks were designed for bullseye shooting.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    The number one threat to public safety are plastic guns that can not be detected my metal detectors.
    LOL, and some of them are black...
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

The only thing better than a Glock is a USA made Glock. Welcome to the dark side. MUAHAHAHAHAHA
    SIC VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

μολὼν λαβέ - molṑn labé - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - COME AND TAKE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesm760 View Post
    The only thing better than a Glock is a USA made Glock. Welcome to the dark side. MUAHAHAHAHAHA
    I think only a few models are USA made. The gun I am getting is made in Austria, I would imagine that is why it only has 10 round mags when the ACP models have 13, so the 37 can have enough points to be imported. OK with me for 10 rounds, with 3 mags that is 30 rounds. I can't find cover in 10 or stop the threat a gadzillion rounds is not going to make the difference.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

If you haven't shot them yet you'll be pleased when you do. This was my g34 and then some g23 the other day.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1393093814822.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	11299  
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Welcome to the dark side Wolf. Mine are fun to shoot and there's something to be said for happy sticks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIRmWLnApv4
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    If you haven't shot them yet you'll be pleased when you do. This was my g34 and then some g23 the other day.

ALERT - you have now opened yourself up to all of our UBER internet sharpshooters who claim to measure pistol shooting in MOA! Thus they will say your posted pick is equal to a 98 foot spread at 100 yards, yet they will never display their skills claiming modesty...etc...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Distance please.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    Distance please.
    Just over 10yds (i think 12 to be exact). I'll have to measure it next time I'm there to be certain.

Mid 20s, clear day, not much wind, moderate humidity, isosceles stance , strong hand unsupported (no bench shooting). Moderate paced fire with at least 2 mag changes. I short my mags to force the reload at speed then settle down into moderate/slow fire again after good sight picture.

I'm sure the moa is like 9 million or so lol.

will the Glock alien holding WW hostage, please release his earthly remains back to us...

I'm worried about you WW...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    will the Glock alien holding WW hostage, please release his earthly remains back to us...

I'm worried about you WW...

ipse
    I think he's just been at the range this whole time shooting his new real gun. He'll be back once he runs out of ammo. May be a while.

:-D

I think he's just been at the range this whole time shooting his new real gun. He'll be back once he runs out of ammo. May be a while.

:-D

Actually I have been working on leather.

I shot the 22 already, smooth but not as accurate as a 1911. The 37 should be at my LGS on Wednesday, I can't shoot it until I get my brass from a LEA range. Bought the bullets and a pound of Longshot from Ed's yesterday. 63 bucks for 500 plated Berry's RNHB. Considering I usually load to the low end of any caliber I really do not need hollow points. I will send the 185's downrange at around 900fps and see if it is enough pressure to operate the slide. If I can find a available box of HP's I may load them. But in the 45 at moderate velocity, HP's will not perform reliably. I normally shoot 200 grain hardcast in the 1911 at 850fps. Or soft 230 grain at 800fps.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesm760 View Post
    id prefer an austrian made myself! I consider it like a german car. I have a couple gen 4s that all say "made in austria" on the side so i guess theyre austrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopis View Post
    id prefer an austrian made myself! I consider it like a german car. I have a couple gen 4s that all say "made in austria" on the side so i guess theyre austrian.
    My hillbilly glocks (aka Austria = Southern Germany) all are kind enough to say "I Von't....I Von't!.... " just before they jam.

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    My hillbilly glocks (aka Austria = Southern Germany) all are kind enough to say "I Von't....I Von't!.... " just before they jam.
    You have not been listening, Glocks never jam, only other brand guns. If a glock has a functioning problem it is because the owner has a limp wrist.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Out of the dozen or so Semi autos I own and many more different ones I have shot I don't think I ever had one that hasn't malfunction at one time or another. Most are very reliable but if one shoots enough one will have a malfunction.

Its one thing to shoot a few hundred rounds and "never" have a malfunction its another to shoot tens of thousands of rounds and "never" have a malfunction.

That's why we practice malfunction and clearing drills its not a matter of if but when.

i shoot a g34 on the weekends... lightly modded (it came with 3.5lb connector, i installed titanium plunger, springs). I shoot a lot of reloads but i have had a few FTEs or FTFs here and there. Like you said, it's not a matter of if but when. Thats why i throw in snap caps randomly or have a buddy load a mag with an unknown number of rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    I think only a few models are USA made. The gun I am getting is made in Austria, I would imagine that is why it only has 10 round mags when the ACP models have 13, so the 37 can have enough points to be imported. OK with me for 10 rounds, with 3 mags that is 30 rounds. I can't find cover in 10 or stop the threat a gadzillion rounds is not going to make the difference.
    Necro post here:

While that might be the case.

I believe it has more to do with the g37 grip frame being the same as the G22/17.
    With the grip being smaller than a G21, the mags arfe designed to fit inside the smaller frame so the rd count would have to be reduced to accept the fatter caliber.

Have you tried to see how many rds of 45GAP your G22 mags will hold?

I recently picked up a G37 myself on a whim. At the price offered it was impossible to pass up as I could never be upside down when you considered the accessories, Heinie NS (2014) and the amount of factory ammo included.

My G37 had it's grip shortened to a G38(G19) and stippled , along with the trigger guard under cut.

Never thought I'd like (TRY) 45GAP or a stippled grip but this thing feels great and shoots like a dream.

http://www.ballistics101.com/45_gap.php

Found my new raining day burb gun...
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Necro post here:

While that might be the case.

I believe it has more to do with the g37 grip frame being the same as the G22/17.
    With the grip being smaller than a G21, the mags arfe designed to fit inside the smaller frame so the rd count would have to be reduced to accept the fatter caliber.

Have you tried to see how many rds of 45GAP your G22 mags will hold?

I recently picked up a G37 myself on a whim. At the price offered it was impossible to pass up as I could never be upside down when you considered the accessories, Heinie NS (2014) and the amount of factory ammo included.

My G37 had it's grip shortened to a G38(G19) and stippled , along with the trigger guard under cut.

Never thought I'd like (TRY) 45GAP or a stippled grip but this thing feels great and shoots like a dream.

http://www.ballistics101.com/45_gap.php

Found my new raining day burb gun...
    I figured out later that it was due to the width of the different frames. I carry the G22 most of the time but the G37 is a much sweeter shooter.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

I shot about 150 rounds through my G20 today I really want some new sights, and I want a little bit taller front sight.

Just thought I'd join in on the Glock party.

I'd post pics of targets but I don't want to make you guys feel bad
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    I shot about 150 rounds through my G20 today I really want some new sights, and I want a little bit taller front sight.

Just thought I'd join in on the Glock party.

I'd post pics of targets but I don't want to make you guys feel bad
    Not possible, I have a 1911 that will drive chunks of lead into the same hole all day. And a Star Super that is darn close to it.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast