• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Glock 37

WalkingWolf

Well I am on my way to becoming a Glock Snob, just purchased a second Glock.

I was actually looking for another police trade in. But the trades jumped in price and were almost as much as new. In the case of the M&P the difference between trade and new was only 6 dollars. I almost went with a new M&P when I discovered the Glock 37 was actually 20 dollars less.

Primus

All down hill from here... wait till you start shooting and carrying them.

They really are good guns as you may have already figured out.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

WalkingWolf

Wow two Glocks now what are you going to do.

Pretty soon you well be seen out in public with them on your hip.

I have been carrying the 22 all day today to get test out the holster I just finished today. I will not abandon my loved ones(SA revolvers), but I can see carrying one on occasion.

The 22 is not a bad gun, not as accurate as the SA revolvers or even my 1911's. I haven't shot it at a rest so I can not swear to how accurate it is capable of, about three inch groups at 10 yards offhand. With my SA revolvers and my 1911's I can put rounds downrange and always have one jagged hole targets. But then I don't think Glocks were designed for bullseye shooting.

WalkingWolf

The only thing better than a Glock is a USA made Glock. Welcome to the dark side. MUAHAHAHAHAHA

I think only a few models are USA made. The gun I am getting is made in Austria, I would imagine that is why it only has 10 round mags when the ACP models have 13, so the 37 can have enough points to be imported. OK with me for 10 rounds, with 3 mags that is 30 rounds. I can't find cover in 10 or stop the threat a gadzillion rounds is not going to make the difference.

Primus

If you haven't shot them yet you'll be pleased when you do. This was my g34 and then some g23 the other day.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1393093814822.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1393093814822.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 122

FreeInAZ

If you haven't shot them yet you'll be pleased when you do. This was my g34 and then some g23 the other day.

ALERT - you have now opened yourself up to all of our UBER internet sharpshooters who claim to measure pistol shooting in MOA! Thus they will say your posted pick is equal to a 98 foot spread at 100 yards, yet they will never display their skills claiming modesty...etc... :rolleyes:

Primus

Distance please.

Just over 10yds (i think 12 to be exact). I'll have to measure it next time I'm there to be certain.

Mid 20s, clear day, not much wind, moderate humidity, isosceles stance , strong hand unsupported (no bench shooting). Moderate paced fire with at least 2 mag changes. I short my mags to force the reload at speed then settle down into moderate/slow fire again after good sight picture.

I'm sure the moa is like 9 million or so lol.

solus

will the Glock alien holding WW hostage, please release his earthly remains back to us...

I'm worried about you WW...

ipse

Primus

will the Glock alien holding WW hostage, please release his earthly remains back to us...

I'm worried about you WW...

ipse

I think he's just been at the range this whole time shooting his new real gun. He'll be back once he runs out of ammo. May be a while.

:-D

WalkingWolf

I think he's just been at the range this whole time shooting his new real gun. He'll be back once he runs out of ammo. May be a while.

:-D

Actually I have been working on leather.

I shot the 22 already, smooth but not as accurate as a 1911. The 37 should be at my LGS on Wednesday, I can't shoot it until I get my brass from a LEA range. Bought the bullets and a pound of Longshot from Ed's yesterday. 63 bucks for 500 plated Berry's RNHB. Considering I usually load to the low end of any caliber I really do not need hollow points. I will send the 185's downrange at around 900fps and see if it is enough pressure to operate the slide. If I can find a available box of HP's I may load them. But in the 45 at moderate velocity, HP's will not perform reliably. I normally shoot 200 grain hardcast in the 1911 at 850fps. Or soft 230 grain at 800fps.

Kopis

The only thing better than a Glock is a USA made Glock. Welcome to the dark side. MUAHAHAHAHAHA

id prefer an austrian made myself! I consider it like a german car. I have a couple gen 4s that all say "made in austria" on the side so i guess theyre austrian.

FreeInAZ

id prefer an austrian made myself! I consider it like a german car. I have a couple gen 4s that all say "made in austria" on the side so i guess theyre austrian.

My hillbilly glocks (aka Austria = Southern Germany) all are kind enough to say "I Von't....I Von't!.... " just before they jam. :p

WalkingWolf

My hillbilly glocks (aka Austria = Southern Germany) all are kind enough to say "I Von't....I Von't!.... " just before they jam. :p

You have not been listening, Glocks never jam, only other brand guns. If a glock has a functioning problem it is because the owner has a limp wrist.:lol:

Firearms Iinstuctor

Out of the dozen or so Semi autos I own and many more different ones I have shot I don't think I ever had one that hasn't malfunction at one time or another. Most are very reliable but if one shoots enough one will have a malfunction.

Its one thing to shoot a few hundred rounds and "never" have a malfunction its another to shoot tens of thousands of rounds and "never" have a malfunction.

That's why we practice malfunction and clearing drills its not a matter of if but when.