• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NY high court limits lies that cops can tell ..

OC for ME

“Defendant was told 67 times that what had been done to his son was an accident, 14 times that he would not be arrested, and eight times that he would be going home,” the court record stated. “These representations were, moreover, undeniably instrumental in the extraction of a defendant’s most damaging admissions.”
So, is 50 times too many? How about 30 times, may be 10 time?

I reckon once is too many. If you must lie to get what you want you are a cheat.....and a liar. Completely untrustworthy. Cops wonder why folks are increasingly skeptical of any cops motive when that cop approaches them.

davidmcbeth

Banned
So, is 50 times too many? How about 30 times, may be 10 time?

I reckon once is too many. If you must lie to get what you want you are a cheat.....and a liar. Completely untrustworthy. Cops wonder why folks are increasingly skeptical of any cops motive when that cop approaches them.

We all know what cop's motives are : to arrest you !

sudden valley gunner

I said it before and I will say it again.

Because of the states protecting and even enshrining the cops authority to lie, we must for our own benefit and well being assume every cop is lying to us. Sad but we are not the ones who drew that line.

Resto Guy

This is shocking!

I cannot believe that New York courts would actually limit the police as to how much they can lie. Have they ruled if holding crossed fingers behind the back cancels a lie?