Thread: You decide: illegal detainment and search?

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar

You decide: illegal detainment and search?

Advocate freedom please

Banned
    You took an oath .... pleaase stop telling cops this...they don't care...and it's not an oath if you can break it.

Clearly illegal stop.

Centurion
    Wash, rinse, repeat as needed!
    While the person being impeded and having his properties serial number run states once at several times his unwillingness to participate in this FISHING expedition he failed to persist.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JoeSparky; 02-21-2014 at 07:51 AM.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Didn't really know his rights, should have covered the serial with duct tape.

Should have been walking with a buddy.

Should have said repeatedly 'am I being detained; why am I being detained'.

IMO

He at least did get out the ever-important "I don't consent to ..." part, so, I don't think the cop would have a leg to stand on in any trial. The cop also specifically states that the reason for the stop, detainment, and search was that a call was received. He acknowledged that he knew it was probably one of those first (sic) amendment guys, indicating that he knew the guy's actions were legal. Ignorance cannot even be claimed here, not that it'd be a legitimate excuse if it could. Not that I have any personal animosity toward the cop, but I do hope this guy sues. These sort of stops are a big fat infringement on the constitutionally protected rights of American's, and they need to be met with strong and loud opposition.
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 02-21-2014 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Thanks for the correction OC for ME
    Advocate freedom please

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    You took an oath .... pleaase stop telling cops this...they don't care...and it's not an oath if you can break it. Clearly illegal stop.
    Oh, well said! It is not an oath if you can break it. A principle is that which will not be compromised.

Could it be that only the faithless are not tested by the compromise of an oath.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

A cop who seemingly knows that the citizen is legit, yet continues down "the road" should be run out of town on a rail. There was no "well intentioned" about that detention.

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    A cop who seemingly knows that the citizen is legit, yet continues down "the road" should be run out of town on a rail. There was no "well intentioned" about that detention.
    You are right. "Well intentioned" was a poor descriptor there.
    Advocate freedom please

Looks Familiar

That is about 3 miles from the airport, isn't it? There is a Chilis right up the street. I don't get why the officer thought the gun was stolen. Point is, he didn't. The question is what was he REALLY after? Hoping for a stolen weapon? Not logical. Trying to scare the beejeesus out of the carrier? Probably. Help keep the myth alive that a rifle is illegal to carry in Texas? Most likely. Me and my EBR might have to start taking walks. Maybe even go for a drive. San Antonio is an hour down the road.

Grip tape

Using grip tape on your firearm will prevent curious eyes from copying down your serial number. This might not be legal in all states.

Purchase and carry of a pre 1968 rifle without a serial number would also do the trick.

Style points for the sterile open carry.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776