• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

You decide: illegal detainment and search?

davidmcbeth

Banned
You took an oath .... pleaase stop telling cops this...they don't care...and it's not an oath if you can break it.

Clearly illegal stop.

JoeSparky

Centurion
Wash, rinse, repeat as needed!
While the person being impeded and having his properties serial number run states once at several times his unwillingness to participate in this FISHING expedition he failed to persist.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Maverick9

Didn't really know his rights, should have covered the serial with duct tape.

Should have been walking with a buddy.

Should have said repeatedly 'am I being detained; why am I being detained'.

IMO

stealthyeliminator

He at least did get out the ever-important "I don't consent to ..." part, so, I don't think the cop would have a leg to stand on in any trial. The cop also specifically states that the reason for the stop, detainment, and search was that a call was received. He acknowledged that he knew it was probably one of those first (sic) amendment guys, indicating that he knew the guy's actions were legal. Ignorance cannot even be claimed here, not that it'd be a legitimate excuse if it could. Not that I have any personal animosity toward the cop, but I do hope this guy sues. These sort of stops are a big fat infringement on the constitutionally protected rights of American's, and they need to be met with strong and loud opposition.

Last edited:

OC for ME

A cop who seemingly knows that the citizen is legit, yet continues down "the road" should be run out of town on a rail. There was no "well intentioned" about that detention.

half_life1052

Looks Familiar

That is about 3 miles from the airport, isn't it? There is a Chilis right up the street. I don't get why the officer thought the gun was stolen. Point is, he didn't. The question is what was he REALLY after? Hoping for a stolen weapon? Not logical. Trying to scare the beejeesus out of the carrier? Probably. Help keep the myth alive that a rifle is illegal to carry in Texas? Most likely. Me and my EBR might have to start taking walks. Maybe even go for a drive. San Antonio is an hour down the road.

Thundar

Grip tape

Using grip tape on your firearm will prevent curious eyes from copying down your serial number. This might not be legal in all states.

Purchase and carry of a pre 1968 rifle without a serial number would also do the trick.

Style points for the sterile open carry.