Thread: Jury anxiety over open carried firearm delays trial. Judge dismisses jury panel

Jury anxiety over open carried firearm delays trial. Judge dismisses jury panel

http://mainlinemedianews.com/article...7278554537.txt

"Judge William P. Mahon was forced to dismiss a panel of prospective jurors in the case during the jury selection process after an overwhelming number of people said they could not consider the evidence against him fairly, due to his medical condition and his possession of a holstered handgun during the incident."

"One of the prospective jurors, who said he was a former law enforcement officer, stood and said he had such strong feelings about the presence of firearms in public that he felt he could not do his job as a juror in the case, even though he knew it is legal to carry openly displayed guns."

Hoplophobic police officer. Great. What makes this worse is that the suspect isn't even charged with any type of firearm violation. They busted him for recording.
    Liberty is so strongly a part of human nature that it can be treated as a no-lose argument position.
    ~Citizen

From the cop’s perspective, the expression “law-abiding citizen” is a functional synonym for “Properly obedient slave".

"People are not born being "anti-cop" and believing we live in a police state. That is a result of experience."

Interesting case. I bet the health club has video cameras.

This will be a fine case for discussion here as it involves a number of lesser included charges of "fiercely glaring", "staring down", and "threatening demeanor," but no felonious bashing - a fine line.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    The guy's lawyer should file a motion in limine - seems to have good reason now.

PA is a two party consent state?

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    PA is a two party consent state?
    It depends.

http://search.pafoa.org/?q=recording...%3Avrvbtifxywe
    Last edited by BB62; 02-21-2014 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    The guy's lawyer should file a motion in limine - seems to have good reason now.
    Yep, no one was allowed to utter the word 'Watermelon' during the Zimmerman trial. Even though that was exactly what the dead thug had on him at the time: Arizona Brand Watermelon Fruit Juice Cocktail now legally referred to as Iced Tea.