Thread: Anti-gun forces shift to ‘small-ball’ efforts

Anti-gun forces shift to ‘small-ball’ efforts

"Democrats in Congress, following the lead of President Obama, are now playing small ball on gun control after their post-Newtown hopes of significant legislation were dashed. Capitol Hill Democrats are now focusing on modest moves, such as funding gun-violence prevention and calling for “smart guns” that only authorized users can operate.
    [ ... ]
    An affiliate of Mayors Against Illegal Guns, for example, is demanding that Facebook and Instagram “prohibit gun sales from [their] platforms immediately,” pointing to an Iowa man arrested after, authorities say, using Facebook to facilitate an illegal gun purchase involving an undercover police officer.
    [ ... ]
    Meanwhile, the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence delivered a petition with 5,100 signatures to Visa’s D.C. offices Thursday, demanding that the credit-card company end an affiliate program with the NRA. Visa did not respond to a request for comment on the petition drive.
    [ ... ]
    Last month’s spending bill to fund government operations in 2014 contained $8.5 million for programs to reduce gun crimes and gang violence, $58.5 million for grants to states to get them to turn over more records to the federal background check system — an increase of $40 million over fiscal 2013 levels — and $128 million for the FBI to operate the background checks."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-ball-efforts/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Baby steps to tyranny.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Banned
    Considering you can still buy heroin on the web via the deep web ... its laughable as well.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Prohibitions just don't work. The lives destroyed and the theft of others to fund their wars always cause more harm than the 'contraband'.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)