Thread: San Diego Sheriff's Decision Regarding Ninth Circuit's Opinion on CCWs

San Diego Sheriff's Decision Regarding Ninth Circuit's Opinion on CCWs

San Diego Sheriff will not seek 9th Circuit en banc in Peruta right to carry case.

SD Sheriff press release
    http://apps.sdsheriff.net/press/Defa...c-4e38b4e212e1

The press release is scrupulously silent about the possibility of filing a petition for a writ of certiorari. The deadline for filing such a petition is 90 days from the entry of judgment, which was February 14 in the Peruta case. Supreme Court Rule 13.1
    Dave Kopel at Volokh Conspiracy
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/v...to-carry-case/
    Last edited by Nightmare; 02-22-2014 at 08:47 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

TWT MILLER: San Diego won’t appeal 9th Circuit on concealed carry, but gun permits no

"The decision by Sheriff Gore not to appeal is likely because anti-gun jurisdictions don’t want the Supreme Court to weigh in on carry rights and stop all “may issue” state laws. "

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...concealed-car/

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    "The decision by Sheriff Gore not to appeal is likely because anti-gun jurisdictions don’t want the Supreme Court to weigh in on carry rights and stop all “may issue” state laws. "

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...concealed-car/
    If Sheriff Gore does not appeal, the judgement stands. That leaves Los Angeles and San Francisco left to "swing in the wind" if they continue to resist. They are not parties to the SD case, and have no standing to intervene in it (or file briefs in support of Defendants). Sheriff Gore, and San Diego's County legal office, smartly sees no reason to burn more taxpayer money on a loosing issue. What Peralta has done is turned the whole system back to the way CCW's should be issued. Not a political token to the well entrenched elites that kiss ass to the County Sheriff's. Why should a rural County issue thousands of permits to normal citizens, and Los Angeles issue almost none, except to Reserve Police officers, judges, celebrities and local politicians. It is all about the control, they want to exert over your life.

Quote Originally Posted by oc4ever View Post
    [ ... ] It is all about the control, they want to exert over your life.
    Gun control from the right, left or center is merely an aspect of control by the ruling tyrant/party.

Banned
    He does not say he won't appeal though ... once that time period is done Ed should go and re-apply ...

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    He does not say he won't appeal though ... once that time period is done Ed should go and re-apply ...
    Correction; While the sheriff wont appeal the ruling, one of the eleven district judges could move to hear the case en banc. I believe we should know before March 6th.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com