• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shooting at mcdonalds

Kopis

Thought I'd throw this out for you guys....

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2014/02/woman_accused_of_shooting_at_m.html

GRAND RAPIDS, MI – The woman so angry about not having bacon on her burger she allegedly fired a gun at a McDonald’s drive-through faces as many as seven years in prison as her case moves to felony court.

Grand Rapids District Court Judge Michael Christensen determined Friday, Feb. 21, there was enough evidence to bind 29-year-old Shaneka Monique Torres over on charges of carrying a concealed weapon, discharging a firearm at an occupied structure and felonious use of a firearm.

Police say Torres visited the McDonald’s on 28th Street SE near Madison Avenue once late on the night of Feb. 9 and then again around 3 a.m. on Feb. 10.

During both visits, her order was not to her liking. On the second visit, she was supposed to receive free food to make up for the prior erroneous order in which bacon was not included on her burger.

But on the second trip, once again, the bacon was missing.

Police say Torres pulled out a 9mm handgun and fired a bullet that traveled through the restaurant. Police say it was lucky no one inside the restaurant was struck.

Related: No bacon on burger: Motive behind McDonald's drive-through window shooting, Grand Rapids police say

Torres was arrested the same day and held overnight until she put up a $50,000 bond to get out of the Kent County Jail, according to jail records.

The case is slated to go before Kent County Circuit Court Judge Paul Sullivan.

Torres, if convicted, faces a maximum of five years in prison for carrying a concealed weapon and shooting at a building plus an additional two years if she is found guilty of felonious use of a firearm.

Kopis

What's up with all the post deleting lately? You would think a forum like this would allow free speech.

davidmcbeth

Banned
When cops shoot on your property, its a civil matter....so I would find her not guilty of any crime. Sue her for the damages.

FreeInAZ

When cops shoot on your property, its a civil matter....so I would find her not guilty of any crime. Sue her for the damages.

Lol...see what you did there. Well if she were an off duty LEO, that may have been the case...but alas...tis not the case. So she will face the wrath that every lowly serf must face ...and if the coverage is true...she deserves to get what she so richly deserves. Reminds my of a unknown guy who went to a local rally's hamburger drive thru some years back and asked for a burger minus pickles....well the staff did not follow his directions and of course an argument ensued. True to his word he came back & sprayed the place with 7.62x39mm rounds. No one hit or hurt thankfully. Since this was Detroit the suspect is still at large years later. Moral of the story - some people value life so little, they will attempt to kill others over pickles, bacon or any other stupid thing. :eek:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Lol...see what you did there. Well if she were an off duty LEO, that may have been the case...but alas...tis not the case. So she will face the wrath that every lowly serf must face ...and if the coverage is true...she deserves to get what she so richly deserves. Reminds my of a unknown guy who went to a local rally's hamburger drive thru some years back and asked for a burger minus pickles....well the staff did not follow his directions and of course an argument ensued. True to his word he came back & sprayed the place with 7.62x39mm rounds. No one hit or hurt thankfully. Since this was Detroit the suspect is still at large years later. Moral of the story - some people value life so little, they will attempt to kill others over pickles, bacon or any other stupid thing. :eek:

LOL ... well, that's how I would justify a "not guilty" verdict. I will nullify ANY crime where a gun was used or part of the case.

Stop infringing on my rights. I will let criminals off. ALL criminals. Its part of jury nullification theory. If every gun owner or pro-2nd amendment person had this viewpoint and thousands of criminals are being freed, the scared masses would have no choice but to return our gun rights.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
LOL ... well, that's how I would justify a "not guilty" verdict. I will nullify ANY crime where a gun was used or part of the case...

I hope you are never on the jury in a real rapist or murder trial where a firearm was used by the bad guy. Nullification still requires thought as to the actual crime and law as used in that situation.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I hope you are never on the jury in a real rapist or murder trial where a firearm was used by the bad guy. Nullification still requires thought as to the actual crime and law as used in that situation.

I'll amend it: ALL crimes

Until the guns laws are removed, any defendant will get a pass with me.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Jury nullification is legal. Even for a political goal.

The antis push their puke agenda touting "safety" concerns. Make the result of gun laws so untolerable that it makes achieving any such goal to result in the reverse.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned

I understand your initial rebuke; however, think of the greater goal.

Primus

I understand your initial rebuke; however, think of the greater goal.

I wonder if you'd feel the same way if someone hurt someone in your immediate family or even you. Would you tell your significant other "tough luck you got raped we are fighting gun laws"?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

davidmcbeth

Banned
I wonder if you'd feel the same way if someone hurt someone in your immediate family or even you. Would you tell your significant other "tough luck you got raped we are fighting gun laws"?

I would think of the greater goal. Its called sacrifice ... not willing to do any? Then curl up in a ball and cry yourself to sleep every night.

I've had friends of mine killed - I never became an antigunner because of them.

Primus

I would think of the greater goal. Its called sacrifice ... not willing to do any? Then curl up in a ball and cry yourself to sleep every night.

I've had friends of mine killed - I never became an antigunner because of them.

1) what sacrifice are you making by letting a rapist go? Are you or would you be the anointed one who is deemed to decide FOR the victim? If the victim is an antigunner do they still differ to further your goals?

2) did you fight for the guys freedom who killed you friends? Did you tell their families to suck it up its just "sacrifice"?

davidmcbeth

Banned
1) what sacrifice are you making by letting a rapist go? Are you or would you be the anointed one who is deemed to decide FOR the victim? If the victim is an antigunner do they still differ to further your goals?

2) did you fight for the guys freedom who killed you friends? Did you tell their families to suck it up its just "sacrifice"?

You can agree with the goal of the nullifications or not ... and then act on it or not.

I think that you'll agree that if ALL did nullifications of all defendants with the expressed purpose of getting gun laws off the books, then gun laws would be taken off the books. For the children's safety.

Primus

You can agree with the goal of the nullifications or not ... and then act on it or not.

I think that you'll agree that if ALL did nullifications of all defendants with the expressed purpose of getting gun laws off the books, then gun laws would be taken off the books. For the children's safety.

I can't agree on that. That's no different then taking hostages and demanding something.

I'd even say if you KNEW they were guilty but let then go merely to further your goal you'd almost be a type of accessory.

Think... guy admits he raped and murdered girl.... you know the elements are there and yes hes guilty. You nullify because a state has background checks for gun purchases. Not only are you letting him go but your telling everyone else to commit crime to put more pressure on the state to repeal laws.

Twisted.

Fuller Malarkey

Seems to be a standard retort by certain entities with little accountability inflicting harm on us now.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I see some resistance from folks not willing ....but others may which will make their objections moot; another one on their jury will not convict ...

It would achieve the goal.

Primus

I see some resistance from folks not willing ....but others may which will make their objections moot; another one on their jury will not convict ...

It would achieve the goal.

So said every terrorist who did something to achieve their goals.....

Who cares who's hurt or killed. Who cares who objects... as long as we get our way...

Fuller Malarkey

So said every terrorist who did something to achieve their goals.....

Who cares who's hurt or killed. Who cares who objects... as long as we get our way...

Hey, I got an idea....

Why don't you just number your responses....

Say, like

#1. "Appeal to emotion"

#2. "Straw man'

#3. "Red Herring"

#4. "Assign Responsibility to the Victims"

#5."Appeal to Authority"

Should about sum up your repertoire, yes?

Primus

You calling me a terrorist?

Lol negative. I hope your not one. I understand that you have these beliefs with good intentions in mind and disrespect is meant. But if you take a step back and take out your goal and insert any other goal.... it fits.