Thread: Visited a local gun store today that was once located in NY state.

Regular Member self preservation's Avatar

Visited a local gun store today that was once located in NY state.

As the title reads, I visited a new local gun store here in Bath County today. The owners just moved here from upstate New York. Naturally I was curious how/why a married couple that once operated a gun store in upstate NY. found there way to small Bath Co. KY. The answer was actually simple. They told me that after the SAFE ACT was passed, most of their inventory was illegal. This made it impossible to make a living running a family gun store, and as I said, most of their inventory was now illegal and had to go. But why Kentucky? They said that they researched several states to relocate to and KY. was by far the most gun friendly state that they could find. They said that they read up on state laws and were pleased with them, as well as reading about how gun owners are generally viewed and treated. I know that this isn't an earth shattering story, but I was pretty proud to hear their tale of how they came to be. I know that KY. didn't get this way on accident. Maybe that's what made me the proudest. Let's just hope that we can keep up the good work on keeping KY. so gun friendly.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

self-pres·er·va·tion (slfprzr-vshn)
    n.
    1. Protection of oneself from harm or destruction.
    2. The instinct for individual preservation; the innate desire to stay alive.

So what did they have that I need to drive to Bath County to look at?

Quote Originally Posted by MrOverlay View Post
    So what did they have that I need to drive to Bath County to look at?
    Decent selection of long guns, a little weak on the handgun side. Maybe that will chance. They did have a Glock 22, gen 3 for $480.00 that I just about bought.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

n.

This is interesting. While I have heard of firearm related manufacturers leaving anti-gun states and moving to pro-gun states. This is the first time I heard of an FFL moving out of an anti-gun state into a pro-gun state.

Someone needs to pick up on this story and get it out to other forums and pro-gun news sites like GOA, NRAILA and others. The fallout from the SAFE act just doesn't just affect firearms related industries, but also small businesses as well. NY really screwed themselves good with the SAFE act.

I'll mention this story on another pro-gun forum, I think it is important. Thanks for the info.........
    I am not a lawyer, I study the history of gun control laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest View Post
    This is interesting. While I have heard of firearm related manufacturers leaving anti-gun states and moving to pro-gun states. This is the first time I heard of an FFL moving out of an anti-gun state into a pro-gun state.

Someone needs to pick up on this story and get it out to other forums and pro-gun news sites like GOA, NRAILA and others. The fallout from the SAFE act just doesn't just affect firearms related industries, but also small businesses as well. NY really screwed themselves good with the SAFE act.

I'll mention this story on another pro-gun forum, I think it is important. Thanks for the info.........
    Go for it, Brother. Do you need contact info on this?

n.

Ok sounds like a store we need to support.
    What about a name and address or web site?

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by ps1mhd View Post
    Ok sounds like a store we need to support.
    What about a name and address or web site?

Mike
    It's called "Harry's gun's and stuff" and is located at 10303 Stulltown Rd, Owingsville. Contact number is 606-674-8436. Email is Harrys_guns@yahoo.com. This business is at a private residents and is being ran out of his basement. I don't know if he plans on building an actual store if business will allow it or not.

n.