Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: silly brits...drive by shooting

  1. #1
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,865

    silly brits...drive by shooting

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-shooting.html

    i personally like the comment: "It sounded like an automatic weapon, it was very repetitious.

    and here we thought they took all their firearms, except shotguns away from the citizens...seems the bad guys kept theirs!!

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  2. #2
    Regular Member DW98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    267
    I like how they specify that the victims and assailants were white.

    A somewhat similar incident happened in my city here in Australia a few months back.

    Long story short a factory and parked cars were sprayed with more than 100 rounds in a drive-by shooting. Here's a snippet from the article
    Isabel, who lives in the street and declined to give her surname, said she also heard shots fired while on the couch. "It was really continuous, like a machine gun," she said.
    Coming from someone who's probably never heard what a machine gun sounds like outside TV.

  3. #3
    Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Seattle WA
    Posts
    881
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    ...seems the bad guys kept theirs!!

    Of course they did. But then again this country and pretty much all of Europe makes the California looks conservative. You can't expect sheeple like that to get the message criminals don't obey the law. Thats kinda why they are criminals :P

    Little introduction as I don't see a forum section for it.
    American citizen living in the United Kingdom for most of my life. I do however try to follow U.S news commonly reading Freedom Outpost, WND and various other similar sources. While I admit my knowledge is patchy it's safe to say I am certainly very libertarian. My aim is to return to the U.S and get involved in the fight for the survival of the Constitution.

  4. #4
    Regular Member DW98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by rightwinglibertarian View Post
    Of course they did. But then again this country and pretty much all of Europe makes the California looks conservative. You can't expect sheeple like that to get the message criminals don't obey the law. Thats kinda why they are criminals :P

    Little introduction as I don't see a forum section for it.
    American citizen living in the United Kingdom for most of my life. I do however try to follow U.S news commonly reading Freedom Outpost, WND and various other similar sources. While I admit my knowledge is patchy it's safe to say I am certainly very libertarian. My aim is to return to the U.S and get involved in the fight for the survival of the Constitution.
    Welcome aboard. Keep up the good fight.

  5. #5
    Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Seattle WA
    Posts
    881
    Quote Originally Posted by DW98 View Post
    Welcome aboard. Keep up the good fight.
    Thank you. I tend to fight for now on social networks, publically calling out businesses and police forces that violate the Constitution. Once I return however I will be looking at effective ways to fight any and all gun restrictions. In my mind even the so-called Vermont Law doesnt go far enough.

  6. #6
    Regular Member DW98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by rightwinglibertarian View Post
    Thank you. I tend to fight for now on social networks, publically calling out businesses and police forces that violate the Constitution. Once I return however I will be looking at effective ways to fight any and all gun restrictions. In my mind even the so-called Vermont Law doesnt go far enough.
    It must be frustrating living in the UK. How are things over there these days?

  7. #7
    Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Seattle WA
    Posts
    881
    Quote Originally Posted by DW98 View Post
    It must be frustrating living in the UK. How are things over there these days?
    chock full of raving pro-europe libtards who think it's ok to about sell the countries sovereignty to Brussels who regularly dictates what the country can and cannot do and even fines the country for not towing the line. Patriotism is practically considered racist as one is supposed to be 'multicultural' and the police invariable don't understand the difference between disagreeing with things and committing a 'hate crime'. Oh and there is little to prevent the police from searching you though it's not happened very often to me. maybe twice in 10 years

  8. #8
    Regular Member scouser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    1,232
    Quote Originally Posted by DW98 View Post
    It must be frustrating living in the UK. How are things over there these days?
    Quote Originally Posted by rightwinglibertarian View Post
    chock full of raving pro-europe libtards who think it's ok to about sell the countries sovereignty to Brussels who regularly dictates what the country can and cannot do and even fines the country for not towing the line. Patriotism is practically considered racist as one is supposed to be 'multicultural' and the police invariable don't understand the difference between disagreeing with things and committing a 'hate crime'. Oh and there is little to prevent the police from searching you though it's not happened very often to me. maybe twice in 10 years
    I'll add something to that.

    Last time I was there was late in 2010 when I was there for my dad's funeral. I got off the plane in Manchester Airport, went through passport control and into the baggage claim in Terminal 2. The sign above the men's bathroom said something like "men's bathroom and ritual washing station".

    I commented on the sign to my mother when she met me and said words to the effect of "ritual ****ing washing station, who's ****ing country is this?" in a loud voice so a lot of people around me could hear.

    I was informed by some person in a yellow safety vest who sounded a bit like that green lizard who actually can't save me 15% on my car insurance that "shhh you can't say that" to which I replied "oh really? didn't I just prove, by saying it, that I can?"

  9. #9
    Regular Member Rusty Young Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Árida Zona
    Posts
    1,648
    Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    I'll add something to that.

    Last time I was there was late in 2010 when I was there for my dad's funeral. I got off the plane in Manchester Airport, went through passport control and into the baggage claim in Terminal 2. The sign above the men's bathroom said something like "men's bathroom and ritual washing station".

    I commented on the sign to my mother when she met me and said words to the effect of "ritual ****ing washing station, who's ****ing country is this?" in a loud voice so a lot of people around me could hear.

    I was informed by some person in a yellow safety vest who sounded a bit like that green lizard who actually can't save me 15% on my car insurance that "shhh you can't say that" to which I replied "oh really? didn't I just prove, by saying it, that I can?"
    You mean Gecko? I like the bolded part. What did the guy do afterwards?

    @rightwinglibertarian: Welcome to the OCDO and greetings from sunny, dry Arizona!
    Hope you consider Arizona as a candidate for your new home. We're close to Nevada, and we have to deal with the invasion taking place from the People's Democratic Republic of Kalifornia. It seems they scare off easily, but only to come back and in greater numbers. (there isn't a laughing-while-crying emoticon).
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

    “Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

    "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

  10. #10
    Regular Member DW98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by rightwinglibertarian View Post
    chock full of raving pro-europe libtards who think it's ok to about sell the countries sovereignty to Brussels who regularly dictates what the country can and cannot do and even fines the country for not towing the line. Patriotism is practically considered racist as one is supposed to be 'multicultural' and the police invariable don't understand the difference between disagreeing with things and committing a 'hate crime'. Oh and there is little to prevent the police from searching you though it's not happened very often to me. maybe twice in 10 years
    Sounds terrible. Good luck to you.

  11. #11
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    Not that this is news, or that I haven't said this before...

    If Britain, which is an island nation, can't enforce gun prohibition (attempts to do so have not prevented spree killings, and automatic weapons now proliferate in the black market where they formerly did not), there is absolutely no way in hell that the US – or any other nation with a complex border – can hope to do so.
    Last edited by marshaul; 04-01-2014 at 11:24 AM.

  12. #12
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    Quote Originally Posted by rightwinglibertarian View Post
    In my mind even the so-called Vermont Law doesnt go far enough.
    Keep in mind that there is no "Vermont law", so much as a notable lack of any law at all on the subject.

    While there are certainly improvements that could be made nationwide (including in Vermont), it's hard to beat, with regard solely to carry at the state level, a total absence of carry legislation.

    That which is not prohibited is legal by default. That which is "legalized" (I prefer decriminalized) explicitly by legislation is legal only within the confines of that legislation.
    Last edited by marshaul; 04-01-2014 at 11:24 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •