Thread: Open-carry advocates target Grand Rapids City Commission, streets to share messa

Open-carry advocates target Grand Rapids City Commission, streets to share messa

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapi...target_gr.html

GRAND RAPIDS, MI – Grand Rapids has become ground zero for the open-carry debate in Michigan in part because of the differing mindsets of Mayor George Heartwell and the advocacy of Kentwood's Tom Lambert.
    Lambert, the assistant Southwest Regional Coordinator of Michigan Open Carry Inc., is pushing for a strong showing of open-carry supporters at Tuesday's City Commission meeting.
    “This isn’t just about reminding law enforcement that we are an important part of crime deterrence in our communities. This is also about making it as hard as possible for the elected elite in Grand Rapids to hide in their chambers behind armed security paid for by the people they represent.”

Gotta love the media....open-carry advocates "target" grand rapids city commission.....
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Reading the comments. Getting annoyed by the fact that some people think they have the authority to tell others what they should/ should not be doing. Not going to comment there.

I lied. I did comment. I was nice about it though.

Reminder: this is tonight. I hope to see as many people there as possible.

In case you missed it, I was the a local radio show this morning talking about tonight and more. Jump to about 19:30.

http://www.woodradio.com/media/podca...2514-24387757/

Good luck guys & gals. Thanks for fighting for human rights in MI. +1 :thumbup:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi