• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Idaho proposes Constitutional Carry law

Pat Gardner

I seen this a few days ago,

As of President’s Day, the Idaho Senate had introduced Senate Bill 1126 and assigned it to the State Affairs Committee. Commonly known as Permitless Carry legislation, this bill would amend the existing concealed carry law to allow law-abiding Idahoans to carry a concealed firearm without the burdensome requirement of acquiring an Idaho carry permit. The approval of this pivotal legislation would bode well for law-abiding citizens of Idaho who wish to protect not only themselves but family and friends alike.

I open carry but when i seen this on U.S.A carry i was wondering if anyone knows more about this bill than me?. it was introduced this yr.

fjpro2a

Good, but!!!

While Constitutional Carry is the goal for , dare I say, all 50 States, something is disturbing me a little. The 4 or 5 States that have Constitutional Carry (Vermont, Alaska, Arizona, Wyoming, and perhaps one other) all seem to have a slightly different definition of Constitutional Carry. Will this lead to confusion between and among the States where a certain circumstance may be legal in one State, but not another? I may be jumping the gun, but it has always bothered me a little.:eek:

fjpro2a

Sorry

Of course it will! Why would that matter? Each state now has its own laws on every other subject and we seem to get by. The laws on murder, robbery, fraud, gambling, drugs, alcohol and even speed limits differ from state to state. Its no big deal. The rule is, obey the laws as written and understood in the state you are in. If you don't know the laws of the state you are in, you are very likely to get in trouble; even if you are in your home state.
I keep forgetting the 1st amendment doesn't really allow free speech or thought. Next time, I will keep a thought suppressed so as not to upset you.