Thread: Good shooting range?

Good shooting range?

I am looking for a decent range to go to in Stl County. The one on St Charles Rock Rd is really close to me but I've never been there so I don't know if they are any good. Any advice or experience about this place? I think it is called Metro shooting range or something along those lines. Also looking for a possible shooting buddy to meet sometime maybe once or twice a week. Not sure if that is cool to ask on here but thought I would give it a shot. Thanks for any replies.

Move to country and put in you're own range.
    Sorry just had to say that, no experience with the range.

Quote Originally Posted by chaseget83 View Post
    I am looking for a decent range to go to in Stl County. The one on St Charles Rock Rd is really close to me but I've never been there so I don't know if they are any good. Any advice or experience about this place? I think it is called Metro shooting range or something along those lines. Also looking for a possible shooting buddy to meet sometime maybe once or twice a week. Not sure if that is cool to ask on here but thought I would give it a shot. Thanks for any replies.
    You've got a couple options, but none that are in St Louis proper. Don't know exactly where you live, but my two favorite ranges are Ultimate defense in St Peters and Top Gun in Arnold. Both will rent you firearms to try, and Top Gun will even rent you a full-auto MP5. Just bring lots of cash for ammo!

As for other ranges, I know there are more out there, but I have little to no experience with them.
    Last edited by Oramac; 02-24-2014 at 01:28 PM.
    "Somebody ever tries to kill you, you try and kill em right back!" - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Below is the results of a "major search engine" search.

http://www.yellowpages.com/saint-lou...shooting-range

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Below is the results of a "major search engine" search.

http://www.yellowpages.com/saint-lou...shooting-range
    there is a new place out in Wentzville, south side of 70 past hotel.....Eagle Eye USA, brand new place.

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    there is a new place out in Wentzville, south side of 70 past hotel.....Eagle Eye USA, brand new place.
    before you get to the Hwy 61 exit going west on 70.

Wowwie!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chaseget83 View Post
    Its really close to you,,,, BUT you wont get off your A55 to go and check it out???

Guys like YOU,,, make me,,, wonder....

That is all,,, I wonder...

Would you even know if you liked that range,, or would you think it was a good range or not,,,
    IF you got off your LAZY A55 and went to a range that is really close,, and checked it out for yourself???????
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Ah, one of our friends from the left coast could not help himself.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.

Thanks guys for all the help. Defender, I didn't say I wouldn't go just that I hadn't. I was curious if anyone had experience with this specific range and opinions on them to consider. Thanks for sharing yours though.

I've been in Metro a couple times to browse around, but I won't spend money there as they have a sign posted by the door prohibiting OC. I go to UD Range in St Peters instead.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Top Gun Range

I live in Springfield, MO, but my sister and brother-in-law live in St. Louis County. While visiting, they took me to Top Gun Range and it is a GREAT range. My sister also belongs to a club called "The Well Armed Woman" that meets at Top Gun once a month. She LOVES it. If you have a wife or girlfriend or sister or mother encourage them to join. They have chapters across the U.S. and the one at Top Gun is the largest in the nation. My sister was neutral on guns until she joined. Now, you can't keep her from her club meetings once a month at the range. I think she can smell a gun range 10 miles away.

Well there is a new on in Affton called Sharpshooters on Gravois rd., Haven't tried it out yet. I usually go to Top Gun in Arnold, because of the amount of rentals, there is also Bullseye on Manchester Rd. near Kingshighway. You also have two outdoor ranges one is Jay Henges 1100 Antire Road
    High Ridge, MO 63049 and the other is in Busch's Wildlife. Jay Henges isn't open till May 1st and the range in Busch's Wildlife is open year round.