• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good shooting range?

chaseget83

I am looking for a decent range to go to in Stl County. The one on St Charles Rock Rd is really close to me but I've never been there so I don't know if they are any good. Any advice or experience about this place? I think it is called Metro shooting range or something along those lines. Also looking for a possible shooting buddy to meet sometime maybe once or twice a week. Not sure if that is cool to ask on here but thought I would give it a shot. Thanks for any replies.

Grizzly25

Move to country and put in you're own range.:lol:
Sorry just had to say that, no experience with the range.

Oramac

I am looking for a decent range to go to in Stl County. The one on St Charles Rock Rd is really close to me but I've never been there so I don't know if they are any good. Any advice or experience about this place? I think it is called Metro shooting range or something along those lines. Also looking for a possible shooting buddy to meet sometime maybe once or twice a week. Not sure if that is cool to ask on here but thought I would give it a shot. Thanks for any replies.

You've got a couple options, but none that are in St Louis proper. Don't know exactly where you live, but my two favorite ranges are Ultimate defense in St Peters and Top Gun in Arnold. Both will rent you firearms to try, and Top Gun will even rent you a full-auto MP5. Just bring lots of cash for ammo!

As for other ranges, I know there are more out there, but I have little to no experience with them.

Last edited:

1245A Defender

Wowwie!!!

Its really close to you,,,, BUT you wont get off your A55 to go and check it out???

Guys like YOU,,, make me,,, wonder....

That is all,,, I wonder...

Would you even know if you liked that range,, or would you think it was a good range or not,,,
IF you got off your LAZY A55 and went to a range that is really close,, and checked it out for yourself???????

chaseget83

Thanks guys for all the help. Defender, I didn't say I wouldn't go just that I hadn't. I was curious if anyone had experience with this specific range and opinions on them to consider. Thanks for sharing yours though.

Morpheus97

I've been in Metro a couple times to browse around, but I won't spend money there as they have a sign posted by the door prohibiting OC. I go to UD Range in St Peters instead.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

stevebowhunts

Top Gun Range

I live in Springfield, MO, but my sister and brother-in-law live in St. Louis County. While visiting, they took me to Top Gun Range and it is a GREAT range. My sister also belongs to a club called "The Well Armed Woman" that meets at Top Gun once a month. She LOVES it. If you have a wife or girlfriend or sister or mother encourage them to join. They have chapters across the U.S. and the one at Top Gun is the largest in the nation. My sister was neutral on guns until she joined. Now, you can't keep her from her club meetings once a month at the range. I think she can smell a gun range 10 miles away.

xdmcompact

Well there is a new on in Affton called Sharpshooters on Gravois rd., Haven't tried it out yet. I usually go to Top Gun in Arnold, because of the amount of rentals, there is also Bullseye on Manchester Rd. near Kingshighway. You also have two outdoor ranges one is Jay Henges 1100 Antire Road
High Ridge, MO 63049 and the other is in Busch's Wildlife. Jay Henges isn't open till May 1st and the range in Busch's Wildlife is open year round.