• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Blind man gets guns back --

Fallschirjmäger

Even the blind have the right to defend their lives and "legally blind" isn't necessarily the same as total blindness.

Normal, uncorrected 20/20 vision
river_orig_1.jpg

20/200 vision - legally blind
river_20_200.jpg

20/400 vision - also legally blind
river_20_400.jpg

Could you identify a threat attacking you and react efficiently for self-defense at /200 or /400?

Last edited:

Fallschirjmäger

Fun fact for the day...
If one were to compare a cat's vision to human vision acuity, a cat could easily be defined as being 'legally blind'.
TOP, normal human 180-degree vision
BOTTOM, normal cat 200-degree vision
Screen-Shot-2013-10-16-at-15.37.03.png

They have an amazing ability to spot motion though, which explains why a cat can follow a buzzing fly across the room but can't find a bit of tuna you dropped on the floor right in front of its nose.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Even the blind have the right to defend their lives and "legally blind" isn't necessarily the same as total blindness.

Even a totally blind person has their RKBA ... the idea the "legally blind" people can still see well enough is a moot point.

Good to see the differences though ...

bunnspecial

My uncorrected vision in my left eye is 20/200. Admittedly shooting at a bullseye or silhouette is different from the "real world" but none the less I've made shots using only my left eye and without wearing my glasses. I can easily hit a silhouette from any reasonable using only my uncorrected left eye. Of course, I can't shoot as well that way as I can wearing my glasses and using my good(right) eye, but none the less I think I could easily react to and defend against a threat if I were forced to.