Thread: hi any advice welcomed

hi any advice welcomed

Ok i got back into guns about 1 month ago and started my collection again ive bought 5 hand guns and 2 rifles this month
    Along with a safe
    Well i went today to pick up a new hk and got denied
    How can this be 5 hand guns and 2 ar's and not one issue then 2 days later denied i did submit the appeal but its really bothering me
    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by bogiejoe1; 02-23-2014 at 08:50 PM.

It happens. How they handle the "appeal" will be the revealing part.

Were you "denied" or "delayed?"

You would know if there is something in your past that is questionable for a denial. But sometimes they will flag a delay to make sure you aren't someone else.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

It came back as denied i was in shock really and my only thing bad in my past was in 1998 i got caught riding a motorcycle without a endorsement i just couldnt understand why no problems with the others this month the this now

Last edited by BB62; 02-23-2014 at 07:28 PM.

Thank you i just hope things are cleared up in a timely manner

Quote Originally Posted by bogiejoe1 View Post
    Thank you i just hope things are cleared up in a timely manner
    The actual appeal could take up to six months, based on what I've heard elsewhere.
    Last edited by notalawyer; 02-23-2014 at 08:14 PM.

This just proves to me how flawed this system is i even included
    My ss number on the ffl fourm

This just proves to me how flawed this system is i even included
    My ss number on the ffl fourm
    Did you buy multiple hand guns at once? I ask because I recently purchase about 20 guns (about half handguns) through and ffl and I was told that they would be faxing a "multiple handgun purchase" form to the local ATF guys. The guy even went so far as to expect a visit. I ever did get a visit or a phone call and everything was legal so never became an issue.

I just wonder if you bought more then one hand gun and the ATF guys flagged you. Not even sure if they can? I also don't know the time frame for buying handguns before it becomes too many too soon or if that's even possible.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

I did buy 2 guns from a shop then the same day i talked it over with the wife and bought 2 more that night 3 were hand guns
    So history would be
    Febfirst 1 gun
    feb 5th one gun
    Feb15 four guns
    Feb 20th 1 gun
    No problems with any of these

but the fellow at are local shop said no limit and they wouldnt flag me for this i could understand if it was because of a limit but from what im being told their is none
    Last edited by bogiejoe1; 02-23-2014 at 08:43 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Did you buy multiple hand guns at once? I ask because I recently purchase about 20 guns (about half handguns) through and ffl and I was told that they would be faxing a "multiple handgun purchase" form to the local ATF guys. The guy even went so far as to expect a visit. I ever did get a visit or a phone call and everything was legal so never became an issue.

I just wonder if you bought more then one hand gun and the ATF guys flagged you. Not even sure if they can? I also don't know the time frame for buying handguns before it becomes too many too soon or if that's even possible.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    As a ffl, I never filed the multiple handgun purchase forms even when I was supposed to...I felt they were unconstitutional...

But I never filed many forms that the law required...for the ones I felt were an infringement.

But I imagine that the ATF just tosses them into a big pile ... and that's it.

I just hope its somthing simple and i can get back to collecting
    And i really want that hk lol

I just hope its somthing simple and i can get back to collecting
    And i really want that hk lol
    You could try to buy it from another dealer and see if you get denied again. Sometimes you do, sometimes you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    As a ffl, I never filed the multiple handgun purchase forms even when I was supposed to...I felt they were unconstitutional...

But I never filed many forms that the law required...for the ones I felt were an infringement.

You didn't feel the 4473 itself was an infringement?

Don't have a very good imagination, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by notalawyer View Post
    You could try to buy it from another dealer and see if you get denied again. Sometimes you do, sometimes you don't.
    I thought about that but then if i get a denied responce twice wouldnt that be worse
    And now that i got denied i wonder if they can posibley take my other guns untill this is cleared up
    Last edited by bogiejoe1; 02-23-2014 at 09:51 PM.

I thought about that but then if i get a denied responce twice wouldnt that be worse
    And now that i got denied i wonder if they can posibley take my other guns untill this is cleared up

Worse? Yeah now you have two appeals to file.

On the Federal level, no. Under Ohio law, very doubtful (Ohio law is not my area of expertise), unless it turns out that you actually are a prohibited person.

Well i thank you very much for you time andd will update my post as soon as i have more info funny thing is up untill 2 years ago i was a correction officer and havent even had a warning ,ticket notta since
    Last edited by bogiejoe1; 02-23-2014 at 10:22 PM.

Well i thank you very much for you time andd will update my post as soon as i have more info funny thing is up untill 2 years ago i was a correction officer and havent even had a warning ,ticket notta since
    Good luck. Based on your previous purchases, I'm sure this is nothing more than a mistaken identity issue. Sucks that their (FBI NICS) problems become your problems.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post

I'm not that smart but are you really admitting to circumventing federal law on an open forum?

Quote Originally Posted by pirateguy191 View Post
    I'm not that smart but are you really admitting to circumventing federal law on an open forum?
    Given the source, does that surprise you?

Quote Originally Posted by Werz View Post
    Given the source, does that surprise you?
    What would surprise me would be finding out that any of the bluster being blown about by that particular poster actually transpired outside of the neurons and synapses encased by his cranium.
    Christian, Husband, Father
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
    IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.

Ok well everything turned out ok turns out my name matched a person with mental issues and i was cleared got my upin and ap
    Thanks again for all your help guys

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by notalawyer View Post
    You didn't feel the 4473 itself was an infringement?

Don't have a very good imagination, do you?
    Who keeps the 4473?

Ok well everything turned out ok turns out my name matched a person with mental issues and i was cleared got my upin and ap
    Thanks again for all your help guys
    Anyone in the know feel free to answer but wouldn't (shouldn't) that cause a delay as opposed to a deny. There is a time frame a delay has to be cleared up. After that, the FFL can complete the sell without a response from NICS.
    Last edited by willy1094; 03-25-2014 at 10:21 PM. Reason: auto correct typo

I'm more interested in how the OP found out that his "name matched a person with mental issues". Exactly who gave out that information?

I'm also EXTREMELY interested in how he managed to get his NICS UPIN in under 30 days ("...and i was cleared got my upin...") when those guys take 4 to 6 months to process a VAF application.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    What does a caring, sensitive person feel when they are forced to use a handgun to stop a threat?

Recoil.