• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

hi any advice welcomed

bogiejoe1

Ok i got back into guns about 1 month ago and started my collection again ive bought 5 hand guns and 2 rifles this month
Along with a safe
Well i went today to pick up a new hk and got denied
How can this be 5 hand guns and 2 ar's and not one issue then 2 days later denied i did submit the appeal but its really bothering me
Thanks in advance

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
It happens. How they handle the "appeal" will be the revealing part.

Were you "denied" or "delayed?"

You would know if there is something in your past that is questionable for a denial. But sometimes they will flag a delay to make sure you aren't someone else.

bogiejoe1

It came back as denied i was in shock really and my only thing bad in my past was in 1998 i got caught riding a motorcycle without a endorsement i just couldnt understand why no problems with the others this month the this now

Primus

This just proves to me how flawed this system is i even included
My ss number on the ffl fourm

Did you buy multiple hand guns at once? I ask because I recently purchase about 20 guns (about half handguns) through and ffl and I was told that they would be faxing a "multiple handgun purchase" form to the local ATF guys. The guy even went so far as to expect a visit. I ever did get a visit or a phone call and everything was legal so never became an issue.

I just wonder if you bought more then one hand gun and the ATF guys flagged you. Not even sure if they can? I also don't know the time frame for buying handguns before it becomes too many too soon or if that's even possible.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

bogiejoe1

I did buy 2 guns from a shop then the same day i talked it over with the wife and bought 2 more that night 3 were hand guns
So history would be
Febfirst 1 gun
feb 5th one gun
Feb15 four guns
Feb 20th 1 gun
No problems with any of these

but the fellow at are local shop said no limit and they wouldnt flag me for this i could understand if it was because of a limit but from what im being told their is none

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Did you buy multiple hand guns at once? I ask because I recently purchase about 20 guns (about half handguns) through and ffl and I was told that they would be faxing a "multiple handgun purchase" form to the local ATF guys. The guy even went so far as to expect a visit. I ever did get a visit or a phone call and everything was legal so never became an issue.

I just wonder if you bought more then one hand gun and the ATF guys flagged you. Not even sure if they can? I also don't know the time frame for buying handguns before it becomes too many too soon or if that's even possible.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

As a ffl, I never filed the multiple handgun purchase forms even when I was supposed to...I felt they were unconstitutional...

But I never filed many forms that the law required...for the ones I felt were an infringement.

But I imagine that the ATF just tosses them into a big pile ... and that's it.

notalawyer

As a ffl, I never filed the multiple handgun purchase forms even when I was supposed to...I felt they were unconstitutional...

But I never filed many forms that the law required...for the ones I felt were an infringement.

You didn't feel the 4473 itself was an infringement?

Don't have a very good imagination, do you?

bogiejoe1

You could try to buy it from another dealer and see if you get denied again. Sometimes you do, sometimes you don't.

I thought about that but then if i get a denied responce twice wouldnt that be worse
And now that i got denied i wonder if they can posibley take my other guns untill this is cleared up

Last edited:

notalawyer

I thought about that but then if i get a denied responce twice wouldnt that be worse
And now that i got denied i wonder if they can posibley take my other guns untill this is cleared up

Worse? Yeah now you have two appeals to file.:lol:

On the Federal level, no. Under Ohio law, very doubtful (Ohio law is not my area of expertise), unless it turns out that you actually are a prohibited person.

bogiejoe1

Well i thank you very much for you time andd will update my post as soon as i have more info funny thing is up untill 2 years ago i was a correction officer and havent even had a warning ,ticket notta since

Last edited:

notalawyer

Well i thank you very much for you time andd will update my post as soon as i have more info funny thing is up untill 2 years ago i was a correction officer and havent even had a warning ,ticket notta since

Good luck. Based on your previous purchases, I'm sure this is nothing more than a mistaken identity issue. Sucks that their (FBI NICS) problems become your problems.

pirateguy191

I'm not that smart but are you really admitting to circumventing federal law on an open forum?

JustaShooter

Given the source, does that surprise you?

What would surprise me would be finding out that any of the bluster being blown about by that particular poster actually transpired outside of the neurons and synapses encased by his cranium.