• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Knock, knock, knock any body here?

Grizz272

Since no one has posted anything here for a while I was wondering if any one is still in the state of Wisconsin?
Any truth to a rumor of a new gun range in Richfield or a new range in Brookfield?

cheezhed

I am still here

I still go to this site but I don't participate much as there seems to be a lot
of infighting over such stuff as how we should dress while we carry.

rpmfan43

It shouldn't be how your dressed, but how you carry yourself no-matter how your dressed. I carry no-matter what I'm in.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

Grizz272

Nyah, All the oxygen has been sucked out by Facebook-ians twittering.

Ok I will open the basement window and let more O2 in. My monitor can add some to the internet. I will have to stand guard though, a possum has fallen in the window well twice in the last 4 days. The first time it was walking across s snow bank and the bank collapsed and the thing rolled right in the second time it went in to check things out. So armed with a sword and a .45 I will repeal all boarders, errr possums that attempt entry

MKEgal

There are still some people who post, but things have slowed down over the winter.
Also, there's one person with several accounts who likes to have his various personalities talking among themselves. Pretty easy to figure out the troll by any name.

Law abider

There are still some people who post, but things have slowed down over the winter.
Also, there's one person with several accounts who likes to have his various personalities talking among themselves. Pretty easy to figure out the troll by any name.

Yeah. He just wrote right before you did. If he has split personalities, should he be carrying or given a CCL???

Last edited:

anmut

I like to come here but it has slowed down. I was forced back on FB to stay current... also, since CCL is legal, the big deal about OC is less of a factor for the majority of people here.

Teej

Last I heard the range in Brookfield had been approved, near 128th & Burleigh.

I've also heard of one in Oak Creek coming soon.

Thought I'd heard of one other in the area, NOT counting the WCTC range.

Teej

Has any one tried the WCTC range? It is on the way to work and I thought I could get some range time before work some day.

A few things would have to change before I'd think of dropping a dime there....for starters, cost, no reloads, "lost brass".

MKEgal

Teej said:
Last I heard the range in Brookfield had been approved, near 128th & Burleigh.
Oh, that's a bad idea.
I'm guessing they're going to get some of the same clientele as Badger, that being inner-city / criminal.
Another reason to go to Fletcher's.

Franky

I like to come here but it has slowed down. I was forced back on FB to stay current... also, since CCL is legal, the big deal about OC is less of a factor for the majority of people here.

I will say you have a viable theory in your post. I concur.

tomm1963

I still go to this site but I don't participate much as there seems to be a lot
of infighting over such stuff as how we should dress while we carry.

Agreed. I used to be a daily viewer of this site. I got so fed up with the sniping and infighting, sifting through the bickering in order to get any real info got old. A few quality posters are still around but it seems many have reached there limit and moved on.

Years past, the "Wis man uses pistol to defend himself" thread would be 50 posts long by now...Anyone remember Jesus Gonzalez? When he had his unfortunate incident this site was a torrent of posts. Even when MKE Gal got arrested in her car a few years back, there was a flurry of activity here. Now.... crickets.