Thread: Carrying in a no carry zone?

Carrying in a no carry zone?

Does anyone know of someone who has been charged for carrying in a no-carry zone in Wi since 2011? I am mainly interested in places like malls, stores or local business's with the gun buster signs. I will ask now as long as it is a little slow on the forum lately.
    "Democracy..... Is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch,
    Liberty..... Is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Kc.38 View Post
    Does anyone know of someone who has been charged for carrying in a no-carry zone in Wi since 2011? I am mainly interested in places like malls, stores or local business's with the gun buster signs. I will ask now as long as it is a little slow on the forum lately.
    The only thing I've heard about (the individual was not charged) was the Aldi's shooting a while back. (Quite a while back).

Since it's a ticket, there's unlikely to be a record publicly accessable.

There was the Milwaukee cop who didn't use a holster, went to a posted mall, dropped his pistol, and in grabbing for it discharged it, injuring a woman.
    AFAIK he was eventually charged for the ND, but nothing came of the trespass.
    The police chief (who is very anti-armed citizen) insisted it was a 'training issue' and should be dealt with by the department.
    I'm just waiting for some normal person to have a similar problem, then we can remind the prosecutor of how the police chief thinks such things should be dealt with.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    Since it's a ticket, there's unlikely to be a record publicly accessable.
    It's a state forfeiture. So technically only state law enforcement can charge it that way. A municipality would have to adopt it as an ordinance to enforce it.
    If charged state it would be on CCAP. Unfortunately most locals don't have their municipal courts on the web so cases can't be looked up that way.
    Milwaukee municipal court is, though.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    There was the Milwaukee cop who didn't use a holster, went to a posted mall, dropped his pistol, and in grabbing for it discharged it, injuring a woman.
    AFAIK he was eventually charged for the ND, but nothing came of the trespass.
    The police chief (who is very anti-armed citizen) insisted it was a 'training issue' and should be dealt with by the department.
    I'm just waiting for some normal person to have a similar problem, then we can remind the prosecutor of how the police chief thinks such things should be dealt with.
    Thing is, some agencies, including MPD, have policies that basically make an officer on duty at all times, which would make it difficult to charge a trespass on that case. It's the ND that is the truly outrageous issue.