Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Detroit Police

Detroit Police

All the DPD stations have NO FIREARMS ALLOWED on entrance doors and metal detectors to pass through

Quote Originally Posted by bossbart View Post
    All the DPD stations have NO FIREARMS ALLOWED on entrance doors and metal detectors to pass through
    They should say 'no criminals allowed'... but then I guess many of them wouldn't show up for work ;-D

That is definitely a slap in the face at preemption. They need bullet resistant glass to keep the common areas separated from the closed off parts, just like everyone else.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigander View Post
    That is definitely a slap in the face at preemption. They need bullet resistant glass to keep the common areas separated from the closed off parts, just like everyone else.
    The commoners from the elite....

They have been wanting to do this for years and were advised against it by their legal department. Apparently they think now is a good time to fight preemption? Me thinks me smellth a skunk!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Can you post a picture from your local precinct?

PS - they're broke according to them...so where did the signage and detectors come from....the anti-rights ferry? The plot thickens....
    Last edited by Big Gay Al; 03-02-2014 at 07:55 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by evil creamsicle View Post
    they should say 'no criminals allowed'... But then i guess many of them wouldn't show up for work ;-d
    this! ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post

PS - their broke according to them...so where did the signage and detectors come from....the anti-rights ferry? The plot thickens....
    I believe the anti-Rights ferry is the one that cemented Skidmark and others as 200-pound gorillas in the courts.

Now, the anti-Rights fairy is more commonly known as "sugar-daddy Bloomberg", or more affectionately "Bloomie".

OT: What are the chances of this going to court when another "isolated incident*" occurs, and having a ruling in our favor?

*I mean this in the scientific sense of the word
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...34#post2035734
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 02-24-2014 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Add.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

If they already have the sign, why do they need the metal detectors?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    If they already have the sign, why do they need the metal detectors?
    Its Detroit.. how many do you think can read?

No offense to any Detroit guys and gals present. Clearly you can read if you read that and took offense.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Quote Originally Posted by DocWalker View Post
    Might be because of this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f8LRkhqSig

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post

Maybe - but it still does not make it legal. MCL 123.1102 is very clear. It appears that DPD is attempting to make policy trump law. The MI state legislature has been clear...the state shall occupy the field of firearm regulation in MI, not local units of government.

The incident you link was IMHO, a suicide by cops. The guy was using bird shot...the officers at the station were lucky the perp was no shotgun wizard using 00/000 buck / slugs or dragons breath incendiary rounds, etc...and just a mental case or they'd be pushing up daisy's.

PS - their broke according to them...so where did the signage and detectors come from....the anti-rights ferry? The plot thickens....
    It was the central district at woodward and grand boulevard. were you can take the ri60 copy of the pistol sales copy. Any other precient directs you to the central district precient. will take pic and post next time by there

I've seen it happen in the Terminator movie also. I love the argument that one person does something wrong everyone looses their rights and freedoms.

Maybe - but it still does not make it legal. MCL 123.1102 is very clear. It appears that DPD is attempting to make policy trump law. The MI state legislature has been clear...the state shall occupy the field of firearm regulation in MI, not local units of government.

The incident you link was IMHO, a suicide by cops. The guy was using bird shot...the officers at the station were lucky the perp was no shotgun wizard using 00/000 buck / slugs or dragons breath incendiary rounds, etc...and just a mental case or they'd be pushing up daisy's.
    I've seen it happen in the Terminator movie also. I love the argument that one person does something wrong everyone looses their rights and freedoms.
    I agree with you guys. I don't think this is a good reason to put up a stupid sign. This isn't a reason for anyone else to lose their rights.

I quoted a very particular comment and posted this. Someone had mentioned using bullet proof glass to separate the citizens from the cops at the station. Was just posting this video to show Detroit has had bad days.

Agrees. Some psycho wanting to go out in a blaze...

"The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Unhappy

And if that didn't work you would get a nut job like Timothy McVay parking a Ryder truck outside; bullet proof glass would not help in that situation.

Appeal to emotion.....phht.

And if that didn't work you would get a nut job like Timothy McVay parking a Ryder truck outside; bullet proof glass would not help in that situation.
    True. But those guys are very rare. Remember criminals are lazy. They want soft targets, that's why we carry guns. So it acts a deterrent against all but the extremely smart and motivated.

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Appeal to emotion.....phht.
    Appeal to something I can't say or it will be deleted... phht.

apparently this has been in place since the 6th precinct shooting. if you are not familiar with it. some guy came in with a shotgun and open fire on police officers at the desk. yes this falls under MI pre-emption. MOC has reached out to the police about getting the signs removed, they have been pretty resistant to that suggestion. i was told chances are they would need to be sued for the signs to go down.

After the MI law is cited (MCL 123.1102). Metal detecors are not a violation of the MI statute if the cops only know that you are armed. I would have LACs visiting uncover their weapons so that I could see them. If they are used to enable a LAC to be disarmed then they are in violation of the law. Your video has no bearing on the op.....appeal to emotion. But, this has become a habit with you.....which is unfortunate.

After the MI law is cited (MCL 123.1102). Metal detecors are not a violation of the MI statute if the cops only know that you are armed. I would have LACs visiting uncover their weapons so that I could see them. If they are used to enable a LAC to be disarmed then they are in violation of the law. Your video has no bearing on the op.....appeal to emotion. But, this has become a habit with you.....which is unfortunate.
    They cannot legally disarm you, even with the signs since it is pre-empted. Now does that mean I'm going to go test this theory and risk arrest? No but, it appears to have been brought to their attention that the signs are not lawful

My guess is they are praying for ignorance to the laws and pre-emption
    Last edited by Big Gay Al; 03-02-2014 at 08:05 PM.

I've taken an extra effort to show you the reason for the video.

Another poster said "commoners from the elite" in regards to them possibly putting up bullet proof glass and other measures.

I posted the video as a direct response to show that maybe.... just maybe.... the incident in the video had something to do with the use of BP glass or other measures (to include signs and detectors maybe)

Have to follow along with the conversation to make an educated slight towards myself.

I would also submit phrases like "commoners from the elite" as quoted.. are appeals to emotion. Its meant to stoke resentment and anger towards others.

So where is your quoting him and your phhttt?

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

This was exactly the reason. They were posted and installed shortly after this. ON the other hand they are illegal in Michigan, Unless there is a court in the building.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Correct, metal detectors and signs are not illegal, but you can not disarm lawful carriers. And that's is what they have said when confronted with this policy, we won't disarm you. BUT the really is, they won't let you in if lawfully carrying a firearm.

Right now this seems to be a fight not on the radar of MI gun right groups at this time. They see bigger fish to fry at this time.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast