• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Detroit Police

OC for ME

Appeal to something I can't say or it will be deleted... phht.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
After the MI law is cited (MCL 123.1102). Metal detecors are not a violation of the MI statute if the cops only know that you are armed. I would have LACs visiting uncover their weapons so that I could see them. If they are used to enable a LAC to be disarmed then they are in violation of the law. Your video has no bearing on the op.....appeal to emotion. But, this has become a habit with you.....which is unfortunate.

SD40VE

After the MI law is cited (MCL 123.1102). Metal detecors are not a violation of the MI statute if the cops only know that you are armed. I would have LACs visiting uncover their weapons so that I could see them. If they are used to enable a LAC to be disarmed then they are in violation of the law. Your video has no bearing on the op.....appeal to emotion. But, this has become a habit with you.....which is unfortunate.

They cannot legally disarm you, even with the signs since it is pre-empted. Now does that mean I'm going to go test this theory and risk arrest? No but, it appears to have been brought to their attention that the signs are not lawful

My guess is they are praying for ignorance to the laws and pre-emption

Last edited by a moderator:

Primus

The commoners from the elite....

I've taken an extra effort to show you the reason for the video.

Another poster said "commoners from the elite" in regards to them possibly putting up bullet proof glass and other measures.

I posted the video as a direct response to show that maybe.... just maybe.... the incident in the video had something to do with the use of BP glass or other measures (to include signs and detectors maybe)

Have to follow along with the conversation to make an educated slight towards myself.

I would also submit phrases like "commoners from the elite" as quoted.. are appeals to emotion. Its meant to stoke resentment and anger towards others.

So where is your quoting him and your phhttt?

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter

Correct, metal detectors and signs are not illegal, but you can not disarm lawful carriers. And that's is what they have said when confronted with this policy, we won't disarm you. BUT the really is, they won't let you in if lawfully carrying a firearm.

Right now this seems to be a fight not on the radar of MI gun right groups at this time. They see bigger fish to fry at this time.

FreeInAZ

@ V - might I humbly suggest when you want to use the term "gun rights groups", you amend it to [ gun & human rights groups]. After all- without the first, (guns) the second is impossible at this point in human evolution. ;)

DocWalker

I've taken an extra effort to show you the reason for the video.

Another poster said "commoners from the elite" in regards to them possibly putting up bullet proof glass and other measures.

I posted the video as a direct response to show that maybe.... just maybe.... the incident in the video had something to do with the use of BP glass or other measures (to include signs and detectors maybe)

Have to follow along with the conversation to make an educated slight towards myself.

I would also submit phrases like "commoners from the elite" as quoted.. are appeals to emotion. Its meant to stoke resentment and anger towards others.

So where is your quoting him and your phhttt?

This was only meant to show you how the distance LE is getting from the common person on the street. Our local cops are suppost to be part of the community but with each barrier put into place the "us against them" attitude grows bigger. When cops start looking at the average law abiding person as the enemy or a possiable perp then we have a problem. Cops that have this attitude should find another line of work in my option.\

It is sad but you have one incident and then the walls come up and public service and safety go down. This can be witnessed by the increase in the local police becoming more like the military complete with APC's and military weapons.

Commoners would be the average citzen outside the bullet proof glass while the elite would be the cops hinding behind it......again the "us against them attitude".

Last edited:

Fuller Malarkey

This was only meant to show you how the distance LE is getting from the common person on the street. Our local cops are suppost to be part of the community but with each barrier put into place the "us against them" attitude grows bigger. When cops start looking at the average law abiding person as the enemy or a possiable perp then we have a problem. Cops that have this attitude should find another line of work in my option.\

It is sad but you have one incident and then the walls come up and public service and safety go down. This can be witnessed by the increase in the local police becoming more like the military complete with APC's and military weapons.

Commoners would be the average citzen outside the bullet proof glass while the elite would be the cops hinding behind it......again the "us against them attitude".

+1!

Primus

Well who's here preaching this attitude? I don't see any police on here preaching said attitude.

Who's here painting the others in a bad light? See any police just generally bashing all non police? I haven't see any of it.. if you do let me know.

Evil Creamsicle

Well who's here preaching this attitude? I don't see any police on here preaching said attitude.

Who's here painting the others in a bad light? See any police just generally bashing all non police? I haven't see any of it.. if you do let me know.

Goes on plenty on cop forums.

FreeInAZ

Here's the problem... many of us know "good" cops. Yet we also know they stand mute when they see "bad" cops often. There in lies the rub. One cannot be a "good" cop if they do not enforce the law 100% of the time, regardless of who's breaking it.

Just food for thought.

Last edited:

Michigander

And I've never seen blatant bashing of ALL citizens on cop forums. And I belong to a few.

I've seen plenty of bashing of non cop armed citizens by cops while being illegally felony stopped, and so have many others here. Hell, I've seen it with at least a couple others who have posted on this thread when they screwed with the lot of us. :lol:

There is no getting around the widely prevalent us against them attitude without deluding yourself.

Last edited:

Evil Creamsicle

On ok.... "they are d bags SK we should be too" argument?

Never said that, though, did I? Merely answered your question.

I know good cops. I'm related to good cops. Should we generally bash 'all cops' ? Of course not.

But, should we refrain from bashing specific cops who have earned it?

FreeInAZ

Here's the problem... many of us know "good" cops. Yet we also know they stand mute when they see "bad" cops often. There in lies the rub. One cannot be a "good" cop if they do not enforce the law 100% of the time, regardless of who's breaking it.

Just food for thought.

I see Primus is not touching this post with a million foot pole.....:p

Primus

I see Primus is not touching this post with a million foot pole.....:p

Because it isn't worth the time or the effort. No matter I say it won't change your opinion. Why muddle up another thread? If you want to make false statements go for it.

FreeInAZ

Because it isn't worth the time or the effort. No matter I say it won't change your opinion. Why muddle up another thread? If you want to make false statements go for it.

Well I am speaking from life experience. Are you? If so, and you have never seen a fellow officer break the law..that's fantastic! If you have, did you do something about it? ....... If you can honestly say yes, then you have at least changed my opinion about you as a PEACE officer. ;)

Primus

Well I am speaking from life experience. Are you? If so, and you have never seen a fellow officer break the law..that's fantastic! If you have, did you do something about it? ....... If you can honestly say yes, then you have at least changed my opinion about you as a PEACE officer. ;)

I don't charge, cite, arrest every citizen I encounter. So me not doing that towards cops should not make me a bad cop either. If I cited arrested, charged every person I say commit any infraction then I'd be the biggest d bag cop you ever met. In fact all of us on the job know some of those guys. And guess what.. they are hated by citizens AND police.

I don't arrest (can't) every person that yells or swears at another person. So how could I do it for coworkers?

I've certainly told officers to "take it easy" when they've gotten a bit too excited during the heat of a moment and yelled too much or swore too much. Definitely have told guys "hey cut them some slack they seem to be decent people" etc.

So again... your "if you allow any officer to break any rule or law in your presence then your a bad cop too" is complete and utter BS.

This is one of the MANY falsehoods that comes from not being a cop (or some kind of LE, not knowing a cop personally and closely, not having a tight family member who's a cop.... etc.

Some (not saying you necessarily) are so far removed that they make all or nothing statements or black and white determinations. I'll tell you one thing and probably just about every other cop will agree...

Very few things are simple or black and white in police work. The same goes for officers.

So when you try to put square peg in round hole.... no work.

DocWalker

I don't charge, cite, arrest every citizen I encounter. So me not doing that towards cops should not make me a bad cop either. If I cited arrested, charged every person I say commit any infraction then I'd be the biggest d bag cop you ever met. In fact all of us on the job know some of those guys. And guess what.. they are hated by citizens AND police.

I don't arrest (can't) every person that yells or swears at another person. So how could I do it for coworkers?

I've certainly told officers to "take it easy" when they've gotten a bit too excited during the heat of a moment and yelled too much or swore too much. Definitely have told guys "hey cut them some slack they seem to be decent people" etc.

So again... your "if you allow any officer to break any rule or law in your presence then your a bad cop too" is complete and utter BS.

This is one of the MANY falsehoods that comes from not being a cop (or some kind of LE, not knowing a cop personally and closely, not having a tight family member who's a cop.... etc.

Some (not saying you necessarily) are so far removed that they make all or nothing statements or black and white determinations. I'll tell you one thing and probably just about every other cop will agree...

Very few things are simple or black and white in police work. The same goes for officers.

So when you try to put square peg in round hole.... no work.

I would agree with most of this except one part...that is good cops stop and report bad cops thing.

Example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBHOTK4sQPY

Good cop then gets harrassed by other cops for stopping bad cop.

http://www.tinfoilhattime.com/publi...13/trooper-harassed-for-stopping-another-cop/

There are good cops out there but it appears they are out numbered.

There are many more like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG2TSCpSEVw

Yet his partner did nothing to stop him and his partner wasn't fired or even reprimandind for watching this.....

You might say something but you are out numbered.

Don't forget one of our own getting a gun pointed at him while he was walking his dogs....NOTHING HAPPENED TO HIM...NOTHING

Primus

I would agree with most of this except one part...that is good cops stop and report bad cops thing.

Example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBHOTK4sQPY

Good cop then gets harrassed by other cops for stopping bad cop.

http://www.tinfoilhattime.com/publi...13/trooper-harassed-for-stopping-another-cop/

There are good cops out there but it appears they are out numbered.

There are many more like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG2TSCpSEVw

Yet his partner did nothing to stop him and his partner wasn't fired or even reprimandind for watching this.....

You might say something but you are out numbered.

Don't forget one of our own getting a gun pointed at him while he was walking his dogs....NOTHING HAPPENED TO HIM...NOTHING

The second video where is partner "let" him do stuff. Do you know he told IA during the investigation?