• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Detroit Police

DocWalker

The second video where is partner "let" him do stuff. Do you know he told IA during the investigation?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

My point is he didn't do anything to stop him at the time.....

What he tells IA after the fact didn't matter, he let his partner go nuts on someone. He just stood there.

Primus

My point is he didn't do anything to stop him at the time.....

What he tells IA after the fact didn't matter, he let his partner go nuts on someone. He just stood there.

What was he "supposed" to do? Tell the other officer not to swear? Or make threats? The guy wasn't getting beat or something the other officer should physically step in to stop.

That case when you drop the guy off you talk to your partner and you say " hey giy easy with the threats there's no need for it I know you were mad but you gotta calm down". And then of/when IA calls because the guy makes a complaint you go there and say "yea he was out of line and he swore and yelled and called the guy stupid and he said he should have shot him".

Because he disjt do above he's a "bad cop"? Cmon....

DocWalker

What was he "supposed" to do? Tell the other officer not to swear? Or make threats? The guy wasn't getting beat or something the other officer should physically step in to stop.

That case when you drop the guy off you talk to your partner and you say " hey giy easy with the threats there's no need for it I know you were mad but you gotta calm down". And then of/when IA calls because the guy makes a complaint you go there and say "yea he was out of line and he swore and yelled and called the guy stupid and he said he should have shot him".

YES he could have got him to calm down and stepped in and said he would take over. YES tell him to quit making threats...YES YES YES

He most definatly should have stepped in and stopped him, he was out of control.

He is a bad cop and if you don't see that then god help anyone in your area.

DocWalker

He didn't get fired for swearing....duhhhhh

FreeInAZ

Primus is a master of the good old tap dance. As suspected he deflected the question and muddled my point to evade a direct answer. This confirms he is not only our resident LE (or want to be) troll, and someone who allows others in the ranks to violate laws.

I think we feed him way too much, myself included. No more from me he shall get. ;)
ure2u3yn.jpg

Primus

I see Primus is not touching this post with a million foot pole.....:p

THIS is trolling.... this post quoted a post which was no more then a comment back on 26FEB. Now today you quote said post and call me out on it. As if I have some responsibility to respond to anything you say and I was neglecting my duties.

Well I am speaking from life experience. Are you? If so, and you have never seen a fellow officer break the law..that's fantastic! If you have, did you do something about it? ....... If you can honestly say yes, then you have at least changed my opinion about you as a PEACE officer. ;)

Sure. Heres your question... I think?

I don't charge, cite, arrest every citizen I encounter. So me not doing that towards cops should not make me a bad cop either. If I cited arrested, charged every person I say commit any infraction then I'd be the biggest d bag cop you ever met. In fact all of us on the job know some of those guys. And guess what.. they are hated by citizens AND police.

I don't arrest (can't) every person that yells or swears at another person. So how could I do it for coworkers?

I've certainly told officers to "take it easy" when they've gotten a bit too excited during the heat of a moment and yelled too much or swore too much. Definitely have told guys "hey cut them some slack they seem to be decent people" etc.

So again... your "if you allow any officer to break any rule or law in your presence then your a bad cop too" is complete and utter BS.

This is one of the MANY falsehoods that comes from not being a cop (or some kind of LE, not knowing a cop personally and closely, not having a tight family member who's a cop.... etc.

Some (not saying you necessarily) are so far removed that they make all or nothing statements or black and white determinations. I'll tell you one thing and probably just about every other cop will agree...

Very few things are simple or black and white in police work. The same goes for officers.

So when you try to put square peg in round hole.... no work.

Here's my direct answer to previous question. Immediately after your question.

Primus is a master of the good old tap dance. As suspected he deflected the question and muddled my point to evade a direct answer. This confirms he is not only our resident LE (or want to be) troll, and someone who allows others in the ranks to violate laws.

I think we feed him way too much, myself included. No more from me he shall get. ;)
ure2u3yn.jpg

And finally..... here's more childish personal attacks.

If you and others spent HALF the time you spend on finding these stupid photos, on actually opening your mind and listening and having a decent respectful conversation with others of different mind sets, beliefs, backgrounds, etc. .. we'd all be on the same page.

Primus

ure2u3yn.jpg

And please... if by "starving" me you mean posting less senseless, baseless, biased, unproductive, inaccuarte, opinions passed as truths, threads and or posts that derail non police related threads....... then by all means please do starve me. I would hope to wither away and die on my lean mean diet of gun talk only. Of actual threads about techniques for self defense or types of guns, or how to use different guns, or different rounds, etc.

And maybe less people would have to pop up lately and say "this is shy I don't post here anymore" or "I guess I'm not welcome here" or moderators continually having to delete and/or modify entire threads or posts.

So again... I dare you starve me out.

conandan

Can't we all just get along. Gentleman we are all not going to agree. People are going to have their own opinions. No reason to get so worked up. You know if you keep going Mr Grapeshot is going to put you guys in time out.

Primus

Can't we all just get along. Gentleman we are all not going to agree. People are going to have their own opinions. No reason to get so worked up. You know if you keep going Mr Grapeshot is going to put you guys in time out.

Agreed. I'm over it and willing to move on back to the OP.

B

Bikenut

An unabashed rant not directed at any individual(s)....

I've been watching how the police, all the police from the local cop to the Fed. Attny general, have evolved in the past couple of decades and ... IN MY OPINION based on my personal observations... the motto on the side of patrol cars:

"Protect and Serve"

really means

"Protect my, and my brothers in blue, butt at all costs so I can go home at night whether an innocent civilian gets to do the same or not."

and

"Serve my own interests, and the interests of my brothers in blue, even if it means trampling on the rights of innocent civilians."

Is that true of all officers in all LE depts/agencies? Of course not... yet it appears it is becoming entirely too prevalent in many of those depts/agencies. And the sad thing is... there really is a "thin blue line" that even the good cops won't cross no matter how much they have sworn to uphold the law.. all the laws for all the people regardless of what uniform/clothing they are wearing.

And like it or not... it is a police officer's duty to uphold the law and arrest any and all those who break the law including fellow officers. I am disgusted with those officers who turn a blind eye to the law breaking fellow officers simply because they are fellow officers. Perhaps the question some officers need to be asking themselves is:

"Would I arrest a civilian for doing what my partner is doing?"

If the answer is "yes" then they should arrest their partner too. Not wait and tell IA if their partner happens to be questioned about it... but arrest them on the spot just like they would a civilian.

And before folks think I'm bashing cops... I'm not. My local Police Chief, fat and way out of shape, crawled into a burning house, actually crawled because of the flames smoke and heat, to pull out a child that was still inside. This man is a hero plain and simple. And there are many cops out there just like him.

Sadly there are also many cops who are nowhere near like him.

end rant.

Last edited by a moderator:

FreeInAZ

An unabashed rant not directed at any individual(s)....

I've been watching how the police, all the police from the local cop to the Fed. Attny general, have evolved in the past couple of decades and ... IN MY OPINION based on my personal observations... the motto on the side of patrol cars:

"Protect and Serve"

really means

"Protect my, and my brothers in blue, butt at all costs so I can go home at night whether an innocent civilian gets to do the same or not."

and

"Serve my own interests, and the interests of my brothers in blue, even if it means trampling on the rights of innocent civilians."

Is that true of all officers in all LE depts/agencies? Of course not... yet it appears it is becoming entirely too prevalent in many of those depts/agencies. And the sad thing is... there really is a "thin blue line" that even the good cops won't cross no matter how much they have sworn to uphold the law.. all the laws for all the people regardless of what uniform/clothing they are wearing.

And like it or not... it is a police officer's duty to uphold the law and arrest any and all those who break the law including fellow officers. I am disgusted with those officers who turn a blind eye to the law breaking fellow officers simply because they are fellow officers. Perhaps the question some officers need to be asking themselves is:

"Would I arrest a civilian for doing what my partner is doing?"

If the answer is "yes" then they should arrest their partner too. Not wait and tell IA if their partner happens to be questioned about it... but arrest them on the spot just like they would a civilian.

And before folks think I'm bashing cops... I'm not. My local Police Chief, fat and way out of shape, crawled into a burning house, actually crawled because of the flames smoke and heat, to pull out a child that was still inside. This man is a hero plain and simple. And there are many cops out there just like him.

Sadly there are also many cops who are nowhere near like him.

end rant.

Quoted for truth! +1

Sadly - many LEA's have gone so far as to remove the "to protect and serve" from their vehicles. :(