• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Gun-free Zones": how to handle them?

wabbit

In my few weeks of carrying, I haven't yet noticed that it is banned at any of the places I've been. But I'm trying to figure out what to do if some place I go has such a policy.

I figure there are two basic options: leave your firearm in your vehicle, or just leave that place. The second is pretty easy. But the first is more complex. In my case, I often go places on my motorcycle, so there's nowhere to put my firearm. So would I only be left with option 2? Or can I just go in, taking the chance that I will be noticed and asked to leave?

How do/would you handle such an issue?

to answer your query...there is always a place on a motorcycle to stow your firearm...so take a look at these....https://www.google.com/search?q=sli...e7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:IE-Address&ie=&oe=

chain it to the shock or back frame inside your saddle bag and call it good...

stay away from the biometric style as the batteries have a tendency to shake loose and lose connection on the scoot and if you don't have the key with you when this event occurs you are left with a firearm inside a locked box chained to your shock with the battery(ies) rattling inside. (clearing my voice, or so i have been told!)

your scoot would get stolen easier than one of these chained to the bike.

wabbit

Last edited:

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Here's one.....................
Also, I wonder if there is an Exhaustive list out there of "No Guns Zone" Businessess in the USA ? I can't find any ?!

http://friendorfoe.us/

I ride almost every day now. Warmer weather. I keep my pistol where it belongs, in the holster on my hip. It shows well being green instead of black, and I get a look or two at traffic lights. I do not look for "signs". If I enter a business that does not want my hard earned cash, and I am asked I will leave. I do not argue, I do not complain, I leave.

My Sweet Baboo and I were in a store and were approached by the owner. She said, "If I asked you not to shop here with guns, what would you do?" My wife and I said simultaneously, "We would shop somewhere else." She had received a complaint from another customer. "No, don't do that." said she, "I feel safer when you are here." This gave us an opportunity to educate a shopkeeper. We gave her a Washington Gun Rights brochure and she was very happy. Sometimes it works.

Maverick9

Why not have a small toolbox, put the firearm in it and lock it and carry it with you? Avoid portable 'gun safes' because they look like a gun safe.

Grim_Night

Here's one Bid'nezz for ya',,,

"Buffalo Wild Wings' No Gun Policy." Buffalo Wild Wings imposed a corporate wide ban on firearms at their establishments.
link;>>> http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/03/buffalo-wild-wings-no-gun-policy-leaves-police-without-service/

View attachment 11404

Here's the rest of the story,,, "Buffalo Wild Wings sorry after gun-fearing waitress refuses to serve cops."
link;> http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/2...r-gun-fearing-waitress-refuses-to-serve-cops/

Also, I wonder if there is an Exhaustive list out there of "No Guns Zone" Businessess in the USA ? I can't find any ?!

All I see in these stories is how private businesses are treating cops like they are better then the average citizen. Even more reason not to give them money.