• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How many interested in OC dinners in Portsmouth/Suffolk/Western Branch/Deep Creek?

Kevin108

Geography, traffic, and tolls have effectively cut Tidewater into 3 different regions. There's often something going on in Virginia Beach or Hampton but I'm interested in getting together those of us in the middle. Of course, all are welcome, but for those of us here in "Western Tidewater," it would be nice not to have to make the drive for a change.

If there was an OC dinner in the vicinity of, say, Chesapeake Square Mall, how many of you would consider attending? Having an idea of the size of the group will determine venue choice, so please chime in.

Justine

I would show up for a dinner in Chesapeake if my schedule permitted (meaning a Saturday event or early Sunday). I am in Virginia Beach, but can easily bypass the tolls with Chesapeake Square Mall area being the location. Most of us are willing to commute within reason so long as we can avoid tolls. :D

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Pick a location, date & time and post it at least 1 1/2 weeks in advance.

Build it, they will come.

If only 2 or 3 attend, consider it a success. The idea is to get to know one another and share experiences. Having broken bread with people and chatted about things of common interest, they will never be an anonymus/faceless members of this forum again - they will become your friends.

Justine

pick a location, date & time and post it at least 1 1/2 weeks in advance.

Build it, they will come.

If only 2 or 3 attend, consider it a success. The idea is to get to know one another and share experiences. Having broken bread with people and chatted about things of common interest, they will never be an anonymus/faceless members of this forum again - they will become your friends.

+1 :lol:

Last edited:

Justine

Thanks for the fantastic response! I'll work on putting something together.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Hey, Kevin, I don't want to hijack your idea, but I've found a Chesapeake location and can post up in the events folder if you don't mind. I don't want to step on any toes.