• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Connecticut sends out the first gun confiscation letters

bhdpal

http://www.gunssavelife.com/?p=11186

By jboch February 24, 2014

Gun confiscations is one step closer in Connecticut. The mainstream media spins it as “one more chance” for non-compliant gun owners who failed to register their scary guns before the January 1 deadline.

In reality, these letters - 106 to rifle owners, and 108 more to residents with standard capacity magazines – are the first step in the Connecticut State Police beginning to round up guns arbitrarily made illegal last year in that state. These guns include America’s favorite rifle, the AR-15 and magazines over 10 rounds, which include the standard capacity magazines made for that America’s favorite rifle.
Failure to register is now a felony now in Connecticut.

How long will it be before there is bloodshed over this law? We’re not sure, but we’re confident it is coming unless the law is rescinded or struck down by the courts.
Mike Vanderboegh of the edgy Sipsey Street Irregulars released an open letter a couple of weeks ago, warning of what’s coming to Connecticut. The Connecticut State Police aren’t listening. Yet.

We suspect attitudes may change after the first few rounds of bloodshed.
As it stands right now, the best estimates are that 4% of newly-regulated guns and magazines in The Nutmeg State have been registered, leaving a hundred thousand or more newly classified potential felons looking over their shoulder.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I imagine that this is from people who filled out their forms and then dumped them in a mailbox or PO on 1 Jan or 2 Jan.

As I stated before, the law allowed one to toss it into a PO box until 11:59pm on the 31st. I guess people went to their PO that closed at noon on the 31st with their paperwork ready to be sent out but did not put it into a mailbox ~ maybe because they had no postage or stamps to place on it. So they then filed it on the 2nd or 3rd or later.

I really have no specific sympathy for these folks .. they just gave the state evidence that they need. And now with the idiot federal judge ruling know that they would be waiting in jail for a while before their case actually can come to a good conclusion.

These folks, who showed a willingness already to do things that cannot be compelled of of Americans, will sell their stuff or move them out of state.

Heck, even their mags in which a first offense is just a small <100 dollar fine. I would never even sweat about mags until after 1 conviction over a mag.

For folks who did not register or declare: file your notices of trespass TODAY with local and state governments.

I also saw a story (unconfirmed) where a guy's pistol permit was denied because he did not register a AW that the state says they saw him buy (DPS-3 maybe). Anyone has info on that please start a new thread. Maybe a hoax.

Oddly, none of these letters have been posted online. So...is this a hoax? I think that the subject matter of this thread is likely accurate.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
CT resident will not engage in any bloodshed. The CT of 1776 is long gone.....so to is the spirit of the CT citizen's ancestors. Meh.

I agree...maybe some individuals but not the vast majority.

Hence, my idea of freeing all defendants until gun laws are abolished -- its legal and would be effective.

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
[snip]

For folks who did not register or declare: file your notices of trespass TODAY with local and state governments.

[snip}

I've seen you post this advice before. Do you really believe that preemptively filing a "notice of trespass" will give you legal authority to prevent the serving of a search warrant and the warrant-carrying LEOs' entry onto your property?

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
I've seen you post this advice before. Do you really believe that preemptively filing a "notice of trespass" will give you legal authority to prevent the serving of a search warrant and the warrant-carrying LEOs' entry onto your property?

A search warrant? No. But it would stop them from just a friendly visit.

No judge is going to issue a warrant based on just a DPS 3 form of 4 years ago ... but may after their friendly visit and where you gave answers to their questions.

Clearly you do not mind cops wondering about your property.

Last edited:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
CSP1.jpg

S/he wants your guns.....

color of law

Accomplished Advocate

No judge is going to issue a warrant based on just a DPS 3 form of 4 years ago ... but may after their friendly visit and where you gave answers to their questions.

Florida v. Jardines, 569 U.S. ___ (2013), is a decision by the United States Supreme Court which held that police use of a trained detection dog to sniff for narcotics on the front porch of a private home is a "search" within the meaning of the Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution, and therefore, without consent, requires both probable cause and a search warrant.

If you read the case closely, the front porch is part of the curtilage.

Aknazer

Florida v. Jardines, 569 U.S. ___ (2013), is a decision by the United States Supreme Court which held that police use of a trained detection dog to sniff for narcotics on the front porch of a private home is a "search" within the meaning of the Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution, and therefore, without consent, requires both probable cause and a search warrant.

If you read the case closely, the front porch is part of the curtilage.

His point is that while they might not be "searching" your property, by being there to "simply chat" they could build enough against you to get a judge to give a warrant for them to then come and legally search the place. So by filing said paperwork you remove their ability to come and "chat" (aka search for plain-view reasons/answers to get a proper search warrant) and thus better protect yourself.

Now personally, I don't think filing such paperwork would do jack squat for various reasons, but that is just me.

davidmcbeth

Banned
His point is that while they might not be "searching" your property, by being there to "simply chat" they could build enough against you to get a judge to give a warrant for them to then come and legally search the place. So by filing said paperwork you remove their ability to come and "chat" (aka search for plain-view reasons/answers to get a proper search warrant) and thus better protect yourself.

Now personally, I don't think filing such paperwork would do jack squat for various reasons, but that is just me.

It means something in this state ... gov't officials no longer tread where I told them not to ... whereas they did before.

If it means something in your state is something for those who live there to investigate..I'm too busy unfortunately.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate

Here is my point.

Florida v. Jardines, 569 U.S. ___ (2013)
That principle renders this case a straightforward one. The officers were gathering information in an area belonging to Jardines and immediately surrounding his house—in the curtilage of the house, which we have held enjoys protection as part of the home itself. And they gathered that information by physically entering and occupying the area to engage in conduct not explicitly or implicitly permitted by the homeowner.

A fence all the way around the house is the curtilage. A zoning law cannot deny you from encircling the curtilage for Fourth Amendment purposes.
At the Fourth Amendment’s “very core” stands “the right of a man to retreat into his own home and there be free from unreasonable governmental intrusion.” Silverman v. United States, 365 U. S. 505, 511.

The cops would need a warrant just to get to the front door to have a consensual conversation.....Think about it......

mtlhdtodd

I'll be willing to bet there will be a sudden increase in boating accidents in which fishing boats capsize and all contents were lost including firearms being transported to a safer location.

Peacekeeper

I think they should put each of these "law breakers" in prison for two years. At a conservative $40,000.00 a year each this will only cost taxpayers four billion dollars each year. If each pled not guilty how much will the court costs be. How many prisons will they need to build ...

hovercat

It would be interesting, if the gov decided to prosecute a few 'examples'. File a discrimination claim of selective enforcement that CT is prosecuting you because (place victimhood status here).
MAKE them prosecute all or none. Divided we fall.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
CT resident will not engage in any bloodshed. The CT of 1776 is long gone.....so to is the spirit of the CT citizen's ancestors. Meh.

Sadly, this is true for nearly the entire nation. It would be a very good thing if the remaining patriots in Connecticut told their employees, "Molon Labe". Good if the know where the the police live as well as their elected employees. Good if the have the resources to make any attempt at disarming them synonymous to poking a den of rattlesnakes. But I don't see this happening. Like you wrote, the fire of liberty died generations ago.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com

Your inference is unfounded. You know very little, if anything, about me or my attitudes.

I am a staunch supporter of our rights, and my question to you was based on seeking clarification of your belief that filing a "notice of trespass" would keep all government officials off of your property. I'm glad that you clarified your position in your answer. lest your answer let some less-knowledgeable reader think that they could resist a legal search warrant and by doing so, risk harm.

On the other hand, I simply do not see the efficacy of filing a "notice of trespass." If someone comes to my door, I have the full spectrum of possibilities available to me: admit them, converse with them, allow them to observe items in plain view, show them my property ... or none of the above. Given what I have studied and inculcated, I would politely decline an uninvited, unwarranted visit by government officials.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Your inference is unfounded. You know very little, if anything, about me or my attitudes.

I am a staunch supporter of our rights, and my question to you was based on seeking clarification of your belief that filing a "notice of trespass" would keep all government officials off of your property. I'm glad that you clarified your position in your answer. lest your answer let some less-knowledgeable reader think that they could resist a legal search warrant and by doing so, risk harm.

On the other hand, I simply do not see the efficacy of filing a "notice of trespass." If someone comes to my door, I have the full spectrum of possibilities available to me: admit them, converse with them, allow them to observe items in plain view, show them my property ... or none of the above. Given what I have studied and inculcated, I would politely decline an uninvited, unwarranted visit by government officials.

I've answered the query about notices of trespass and their effectiveness ad nauseum ... you may search out this site if you wish or google scholar or at your local courthouse.

If I posted a touchy line, its 'cause its an old debate - well settled.

What your other household members going to do if you are not there? Food for thought. They came to my house and demanded entry, saying that they had the law on their side and I would be arrested if I did not let them in. I prevailed after thwarting a SWAT team threat ... everyone in your household going to do the same? Likely not.

Politely decline them before they poke their heads in your windows ... is my advice. Heed it or not...you may wish later you did.