Thread: Self Defense in Detriot X 3

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Self Defense in Detriot X 3

Three different Detroit gun owners defend themselves.

One lady dropped her keys to distract her assailant - then drew her gun and stopped him permanently.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...ake-It-Anymore
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

It is nice to see a big city PD getting behind self defense

We need a few more to do so
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

The jury is out on whether or not DPD is behind a citizen defending themselves with a handgun. I suspect it is more a resource management issue. Detroit citizens are very close to having not having a LEA.

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    The jury is out on whether or not DPD is behind a citizen defending themselves with a handgun. I suspect it is more a resource management issue. Detroit citizens are very close to having not having a LEA.
    well the police cheif has stated that LAC with firearms are a good thing. hes not against LAC with firearms. could be worse. could be like grand rapids.... *hides*

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post

One lady dropped her keys to distract her assailant - then drew her gun and stopped him permanently.
    Awesome technique!
    When rights are outlawed only outlaws will have rights.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. - Hanlon's Razor

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people. - Catherine Engelbrecht

Quote Originally Posted by Running Wolf View Post
    Awesome technique!
    i was actually discussing that with some of the guys at the office. they had wondered what they would do if someone had a gun on them and they couldnt draw without being shot. this was the answer they were seeking

on another note:

Detroit Police Deputy Chief Rodney Johnson said, "I think it's just a matter of individual homeowners protecting themselves and finally catching up with the criminals in that enough is enough and they aren't going to take it anymore."
    ^^ glad to see the DPD siding with LAC's

Sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Running Wolf View Post
    Awesome technique!
    Absolutely!! Anything to distract the assailant's attention.
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

One was to be very aware of ones surroundings not to follow something dropped or thrown.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do