Thread: EXAMINER: Why background checks don't work

EXAMINER: Why background checks don't work

From the file...

Two cases exemplify shortfalls of ‘universal background checks’

Two pending criminal cases in Seattle – one reported yesterday by the Seattle P-I.com and the other from early last week on the Seattle Police Blotter – underscore the futility of so-called “universal background checks” because the suspects in both capers have criminal records, and both cases involve guns that were not obtained through legitimate channels.

http://www.examiner.com/article/two-...kground-checks

Thanks. Good stuff.

However, criminals getting guns is not relevant to gun control measures or gun control laws. Liberals know that gun control does nothing to stop crime, especially crimes committed with a gun.

Liberals are not "targeting" criminals with their laws. What needs to be heralded from the mountain top is that liberals want to take "your" gun away. Who exactly is "your" is not relevant. Harp on that single point and folks will listen. Liberals will cry foul and all you have to do then is cite this article and the countless others like it as an example of liberals wanting to take your gun away.

LE, as a institution, is aligned with the liberals, when they chime in add them to the list of groups who want to take your guns away. Then, when they cry foul, cite the anti-liberty laws they gladly enforce that liberals have enacted that infringe upon our 2A and the state's constitutional protections. They will pipe down at a minimum, or they will double down and intensify their efforts to take guns away from the people.

The point, the final solution, of gun control is to take guns away from the people.

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Thanks. Good stuff.

However, criminals getting guns is not relevant to gun control measures or gun control laws. Liberals know that gun control does nothing to stop crime, especially crimes committed with a gun.

Liberals are not "targeting" criminals with their laws. What needs to be heralded from the mountain top is that liberals want to take "your" gun away. Who exactly is "your" is not relevant. Harp on that single point and folks will listen. Liberals will cry foul and all you have to do then is cite this article and the countless others like it as an example of liberals wanting to take your gun away.

LE, as a institution, is aligned with the liberals, when they chime in add them to the list of groups who want to take your guns away. Then, when they cry foul, cite the anti-liberty laws they gladly enforce that liberals have enacted that infringe upon our 2A and the state's constitutional protections. They will pipe down at a minimum, or they will double down and intensify their efforts to take guns away from the people.

The point, the final solution, of gun control is to take guns away from the people.
    Another motivation anti-gun crusaders might have is to make criminals out of those that are their political enemies.
    When rights are outlawed only outlaws will have rights.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. - Hanlon's Razor

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people. - Catherine Engelbrecht

Quote Originally Posted by Running Wolf View Post
    Another motivation anti-gun crusaders might have is to make criminals out of those that are their political enemies.
    Like they did in Connecticut with10's of thousands of lawful gun owners.

http://rt.com/usa/connecticut-gun-law-registration-791/
    I truly Love my Country, But the government scares the he!! out of me.

DEMAND IT
    Congress SHALL NOT receive A salary greater than any service member and will be given EQUIVELANT insurance as any service member

I came into this world kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood. And if necessary to protect the Constitution of The United States of AMERICA. I will go out the same way

All hail the Domain of Neptunus Rex

To people who want to ban guns, saying background checks don't work won't convince them if anything... Except that they need to go further and ban guns.
    "I'm just a no-account screed-peddler" Dave Workman http://goo.gl/CNf6pB

"We ought to extend the [1994] assault weapons ban" George W Bush

"The Bush Administration declared a permanent ban today on almost all foreign-made semiautomatic assault rifles." George Bush Sr, New York Times on July 8, 1989

"I support the Brady bill and I urge the Congress to enact it without delay." Ronald Regan.

"Guns are an abomination." Richard Nixon

How about a real story.

Background checks are the result of appeasement.

Republicans caved in and allowed a whole segment of the population to have their Rights infringed on.
    "I'm just a no-account screed-peddler" Dave Workman http://goo.gl/CNf6pB

"We ought to extend the [1994] assault weapons ban" George W Bush

"The Bush Administration declared a permanent ban today on almost all foreign-made semiautomatic assault rifles." George Bush Sr, New York Times on July 8, 1989

"I support the Brady bill and I urge the Congress to enact it without delay." Ronald Regan.

"Guns are an abomination." Richard Nixon

But, background checks prevent all criminals from owning guns, the laws even say that criminals cannot own guns.... Are you trying to tell me that criminals don't follow the law?
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    But, background checks prevent all criminals from owning guns, the laws even say that criminals cannot own guns.... Are you trying to tell me that criminals don't follow the law?
    A free citizen has the Right to posses a firearm -- or at least they did until the government decided to infringe on it in 1968.

Republicans gave in, and we've been losing ever since.
    Last edited by Dave_pro2a; 02-26-2014 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_pro2a View Post
    A free citizen has the Right to posses a firearm -- or at least they did until the government decided to infringe on it in 1968.

Republicans gave in, and we've been losing ever since.
    I would argue that the 'law' passed in 1968 is unconstitutional and thus not a law at all...
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)