• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry on LinkedIn!

At Ease

If any of you Open Carriers, (or concealed) are on LinkedIn, I've created a Networking Group for Nevadans. I'ts called Concealed Nevada. Feel free to check it out and join!

At Ease

Well sir, the majority of carriers are concealed, not open. Furthermore I created that group before I came here to OpenCarry.org......I know it sounds counter productive.

Vegassteve

Well sir, the majority of carriers are concealed, not open. Furthermore I created that group before I came here to OpenCarry.org......I know it sounds counter productive.

Yes it is counter productive. Your title says open carry on linkedin. And well its just not. If you want open carry folks to be a part of it then it should truthfully reflect open carry. Not concealed carry nevada. Not sure what the need for it is any way. This website does the best job of informing and helping those in NV who are open carry.

Harley

Advertising a concealed group on an OC site.......Not much thought was put in to that. Guess common sense isn't so common nowadays.:banghead:

At Ease

Alright guys, put me in my place.;) Its just a networking group for gun toting Nevadans on LinkedIn. And yessir, your right this would be the best site for that.

Lthrnck

I hate that...

I hate that wording....gun toting ... gun packing... packing heat...

I don't do any of those things...

the first thing that comes to my mind when I hear those phrases is some hoodlum or gang banger carrying their gun in an illegal or inapporpriate manner.

I "Carry my firearm or sidearm which ever you prefer"...in my holster fordefensive purposes. I don't pack heat , I don't tote my gun around.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

I think it was a noble thing for "Ease" to do. It may be flawed, as conceal carriers tend to be secretive about their self protection, but I like his attempt at knocking down barriers between carriers.... (Did that just rhyme?) Don't forget to give him some props while kicking his ideas down the street, last thing we want is to keep people from acting on their instincts.

Bernymac

I hate that wording....gun toting ... gun packing... packing heat...

I don't do any of those things...

the first thing that comes to my mind when I hear those phrases is some hoodlum or gang banger carrying their gun in an illegal or inapporpriate manner.

I "Carry my firearm or sidearm which ever you prefer"...in my holster fordefensive purposes. I don't pack heat , I don't tote my gun around.

lighten-up-francis-o.gif

Could a gangbanger or hoodlum carry a gun legally? Who determines the "appropriate manner" of carry?