Thread: cops tell dead man "calm down, stop resisting"

cops tell dead man "calm down, stop resisting"

http://photographyisnotacrime.com/20...-man-released/

Innocent man is confronted by police, doesnt immediately show ID, is killed by police.

Banned
    I hope that people start figuring out to stop voting for democrats...they fully support this activity by cops .. used to be the GOP was all gung-ho .. now its the dems.

It is possible that those cops are republicans. But, party affiliation does not seem to have been a factor in the incident. That behavior is universal and not dependent on ones political leanings. It is a cop thing only.

In this day of ever present video cameras it goes both ways; suspects yelling "I give", I quit" etc while continuing to resist and cops yelling to "quit resisting", "calm down" etc at compliant suspects while continuing to apply force.

This would not be the first police "death by piling on" I have heard of.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    In this day of ever present video cameras it goes both ways; suspects yelling "I give", I quit" etc while continuing to resist and cops yelling to "quit resisting", "calm down" etc at compliant suspects while continuing to apply force.

This would not be the first police "death by piling on" I have heard of.
    The Old "Quit punching yourself" trick eh?

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I hope that people start figuring out to stop voting for democrats...they fully support this activity by cops .. used to be the GOP was all gung-ho .. now its the dems.
    You'd literally sh*t bricks if you saw a Kentucky Democrat legislator/Citizen. Most of them are more pro-gun than you, and half the 'conservatives' on this forum, or maybe you wouldn't sh*t bricks, do trolls even have such reactions when they stick their foots in their mouths, or do their minds just explode?
    Last edited by DrakeZ07; 02-25-2014 at 09:46 PM. Reason: I hate people, but refrain from showing exactly how much I hate them.
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeZ07 View Post
    You'd literally sh*t bricks if you saw a Kentucky Democrat legislator/Citizen. Most of them are more pro-gun than you, and half the 'conservatives' on this forum, or maybe you wouldn't sh*t bricks, do trolls even have such reactions when they stick their foots in their mouths, or do their minds just explode?
    Lol... that sincerely got a chuckle from me. Nothing against or for neither party. Just funny.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

I wonder how many of the people being beaten to death or tased into oblivion or drilled full of holes for "resisting" were actually simply reacting to an instinctual drive to survive and needed to breath in order to do that? Simply a fear fueled struggle to breath and were killed for it?

Somebody told me once that the commands "stop resisting" wasn't directed towards the subject of the beating, rather, the words are for the witnesses to hear.
    Liberty is so strongly a part of human nature that it can be treated as a no-lose argument position.
    ~Citizen

From the cop’s perspective, the expression “law-abiding citizen” is a functional synonym for “Properly obedient slave".

"People are not born being "anti-cop" and believing we live in a police state. That is a result of experience."

Quote Originally Posted by georg jetson View Post
    Hmmm... care to comment on the topic at hand or do ***** **** ******* derail threads more than accused trolls.
    Reported.

And pretty sure the above comment didn't further the topic at hand either.

Last edited by Grapeshot; 02-26-2014 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Mod edited rule violation quote
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

the monopoly on police has been working out well...I can't imagine watching police kill my father....muchless when he had nothing to do with the incident that was called about.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuller Malarkey View Post
    [... ] Somebody told me once that the commands "stop resisting" wasn't directed towards the subject of the beating, rather, the words are for the witnesses to hear.
    That, I believe. Good observation.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Reported.

And pretty sure the above comment didn't further the topic at hand either.

Thanks for quoting me. Why did you star out the word "proud"? It's in his sig line. I guess if I'd said "proud openly homosexual" then every thing would be just fine.

None of the words in my original post were inappropriate by themselves and taken as a descriptive phrase was quite accurate. Of course we wouldn't be off topic right now if the proud homosexual wouldn't throw his business (sexual orientation) in people's faces by sig line. I've never used a sig line, but I have a feeling one is forming presently. Perhaps...
    I'm a proud openly straight open carrier and homosexuality disgusts me so keep it to yourself. Hmmmm... maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by MurrayRothbard View Post
    the monopoly on police has been working out well...I can't imagine watching police kill my father....muchless when he had nothing to do with the incident that was called about.
    Understood. I would have been quietly less restrained than the wife. In defense of my life or someone else's...

I wonder how many of the people being beaten to death or tased into oblivion or drilled full of holes for "resisting" were actually simply reacting to an instinctual drive to survive and needed to breath in order to do that? Simply a fear fueled struggle to breath and were killed for it?

Somebody told me once that the commands "stop resisting" wasn't directed towards the subject of the beating, rather, the words are for the witnesses to hear.
    As I said the yelling goes both ways.

Founder's Club Member
    I gotta admit the thread title is deliciously rhetorical. An ancient Greek rhetoric instructor would nod his head in approval, I am sure.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Bingo!

I do not advocate retaliation but these types of police murders will continue until Familly members of victims start target the officers involved.

Don't wish to see that happen... Just saying that sooner or later... It will.

Tack
    Last edited by Tackleberry1; 02-27-2014 at 12:32 AM.