• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carrier stopped in Dayton

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
IMG_2277.jpg

The cop that has his back to us has his hand on his weapon.:eek:

But, after closer investigation the cops other hand is on his radio.

No alarm, his pants are falling down.

Punch that cop's Dunkin Donuts rewards card......

OC for ME

<snip>

So...you are telling me, if a young man (or two/.three since they are filming the young man's stroll) whom you unequivocally knew didn't belong in your neighbourhood w/an AK47 slung across their back is seen walking the streets - would you ignore them and let someone else intervene or walk up w/sidearm OC'd and say 'HOWDY' and engage them in conversation to discern their intent in your neighbourhood or notify the local polizei to allow them discern the groups intent? <snip>
At least one logical fallacy, at least.

If there is no "gun in hand" those cops should not approach. Their own statements prove that the know his behavior is lawful. They want to follow the guy? No law against that. Take the "fifteen minutes of fame" away from the citizen. Do not make contact unless a crime is observed.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate

let's take the firearm out of the equation and have the same young men wandering your neighbourhood who obviously do not belong...same questions.

i know the response i would make but do not wish to bias your response...

ipse
Wandering???????
Your neighborhood??????
Who obviously do not belong??????

I see where you are attempting to drag this thread....

We are not going there.....

solus

interestingly,
quote: Adam Seaton: That was me that opened carried Dayton police acted apropletly as seen I wasn't illegally disarmed unquote
quote: Adam Seaton: I was doing a craigslist deal needed for protection I got stabbed and jumped over a car radio in Miami township and same people out ruining street unquote
quote: Adam Seaton: I'm not old enough for ccw I'm only 18 but new kind of lied for entertainment purposes I was never near a school unquote

comments accompanying a HS foto w/his 'friend'

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...ment_id=104195124&offset=0&total_comments=233

master Seaton also has quite the variety of utube videos...

btw who is the individual w/their back to the camera? do not believe it is LE but perhaps a friend w/Master Seaton ?

finally, who called it into WHIO as this would not have warranted a news crew to respond!!

as stated it was staged to get attention period!
ipse

Last edited:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
In the facebook comment section.
Cheryl Howard Adam Seaton you are not exactly correct. You were with in a half mile of 2 elementary schools.Westwood ele. And one on the corner of James H McGee and Gettysburg. You all most caused these 2 schools to go into lock down because of your actions. Also you did cause Weslyan Nature Center to go in lock down. This place holds several after school programs for the youth in that area.
Cheryl, You are the problem........

solus

i'm sorry, CofL but several years ago NCU in Greenville was locked down for three hours plus, due to a police officer who was watching the 'secret' cams which line the streets, thought he saw a proactive firearm sticking out of of someones backpack...

read all about it!! http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/10387437/

not sure the purpose of chasing the anonymous and out of context facebook comments made by savants who are extending the 15m of fame Master seaton experienced.

ipse

Fallschirjmäger

master[sic] Seaton also has quite the variety of utube[sic] videos...

btw who is the individual w/their back to the camera? do not believe it is LE but perhaps a friend w/Master Seaton ?

finally, who called it into WHIO as this would not have warranted a news crew to respond!!

as stated it was staged to get attention period!
ipse
In reverse order...
1) And why is "getting attention" intrinsically bad? Pepsi advertises, as does Coke. Newspapers publish editorials to get attention. Benjamin Franklin published articles to draw attention to subjects he felt strongly about. Blacks held protests and lunch counter sit-ins to draw attention.
You got sumthin' about drawing attention to injustices, Solus?

2) So, in your world only "authorized" persons should be allowed to call in stories of topical interest to the news agencies? Should there be a license or other permission slip required?

3) He cares enough to take his personal, unpaid time to express his thoughts on freedom. What have you done to do so?

4) If the person with his back to the camera is a friend of Keaton, who took the photo, an officer? a reporter? a third friend?

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Last edited:

solus

In reverse order...
1) And why is "getting attention" intrinsically bad? Pepsi advertises, as does Coke. Newspapers publish editorials to get attention. Benjamin Franklin published articles to draw attention to subjects he felt strongly about. Blacks held protests and lunch counter sit-ins to draw attention.

You got sumthin' about drawing attention to injustices, Solus?

2) So, in your world only "authorized" persons should be allowed to call in stories of topical interest to the news agencies? Should there be a license or other permission slip required?

3) He cares enough to take his personal, unpaid time to express his thoughts on freedom. What have you done to do so?

4) If the person with his back to the camera is a friend of Keaton, who took the photo, an officer? a reporter? a third friend?

1. nope, neither did abby, huey, ad nausm to draw attention to their plights.. if this article was truly about an injustice...and what injustice did Master Seaton feel needed protesting...oh wait by his own admission he took the firearm w/him to consummate a CL deal in the wrong part of town. forgive me when was the last time you called the TV station to tell them you are OC'g your firearm to the grocery store?

2. no but why not put Master Seaton's by line on the article or tell the whole story where by his own admission about his lying for entertainment purposes and why he was carrying? the way the media is reacting to any hit from anybody on any subject, with out critically investigating the credibility is a shame.

3. where are you pulling this statement out of? unsubstantiated garbage meant as fluff to advance whatever nonsense you believe in. You would be surprised on my activities but since you are grossly unaware, i will not fill you in!

4. who is Keaton?

finally, quote: Master OLD-FASHIONED used for talking to or about a young boy unquote. http://www.macmillandictionary.com/us/dictionary/american/master#master_25

in the future Fallschirmjäger, please be advised you are not authorized to add to nor delete from nor change my posts to suit your personal needs or whims without my express permission!! FAIR!

ipse

Fallschirjmäger

4. who is Keaton?

in the future Fallschirmjäger, please be advised you are not authorized to add to nor delete from nor change my posts to suit your personal needs or whims without my express permission!! FAIR!

ipse
My apologies for the fimblefungered "K" instead of "S" in Seaton.

I see that I have deleted from your post to suit my personal needs. Pray tell, what penalty have I incurred for having done so without your express permission?

Fallschirjmäger

It's clear to me that Jim Noelker is the photographer, and the guy in the blue sport coat is the reporter.
Dear Sir,
You are hereby advised you are not authorized to add to nor delete from nor change my posts to suit your personal needs or whims without my express permission!! FAIR!
I shall contact my barrister immediately and expect full recompense for this heinous misdeed you dastardly ... uhh,, dastard.
In turn, I shall furnish you my full contact details as I seem to have done the very same misdeed to you.

Werz

1/2 mile > 1000'.

Stuff that in your pipe and smoke it Cheryl.
Please note that Gardendale Academy, a facility of Dayton Public Schools, is at the southwest corner of North Gettysburg Avenue and North James H. McGee Boulevard. Depending on his location, he might well have been within 1,000 feet of a school, and thus, within a “school zone” as defined by 18 U.S.C. §921(a)(25),(26). So long as he was not physically on school property, the Dayton Police would take no action because he was not in violation of Ohio law. However, federal authorities might take notice because he could be in violation 18 U.S.C. §922(q)(2)(A), and because he is not yet eligible to obtain an Ohio concealed handgun license, he would not be exempted by the provision of 18 U.S.C. §922(q)(2)(B)(ii).

Because photographs were taken, his location might easily be determined within a few feet. Thus, visual recordings of these encounters could be a two-edged sword. That’s certainly an issue to ponder.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Dear Sir,
You are hereby advised you are not authorized to add to nor delete from nor change my posts to suit your personal needs or whims without my express permission!! FAIR!
I shall contact my barrister immediately and expect full recompense for this heinous misdeed you dastardly ... uhh,, dastard.
In turn, I shall furnish you my full contact details as I seem to have done the very same misdeed to you.
:eek: :eek: :eek:

;)

Getting back to the subject at hand, I've made a number of contacts today with the Dayton police and the Beavercreek police, where there was apparently an incident the next day.

The written report from the Beavercreek P.D. is damning - of Adam Seaton, the evident creator of all this drama.

When I have all the evidence I'm waiting on, I will direct everyone to OFCC's thread because it's become clear to me that this one is turning into a snipe-fest.

commonsense1776

Boy howdy, takes a big man to walk down the street with an AK-47 (or clone) on his back. Is his name "Barney"? Certainly proved quite a point, didn't he?

Tackleberry1

Boy howdy, takes a big man to walk down the street with an AK-47 (or clone) on his back. Is his name "Barney"? Certainly proved quite a point, didn't he?

...not sure the threat of being "divided and concurred" is fully appreciated here at OCDO?

I understand that OC of "Handguns" is the goal of the forum... But... Deriding long gun OCER's is sort of like the deer hunter who does not mind the banning of Cougar hunting.

The Anti's see no difference regardless of your opinion as too what's an acceptable gun.

Can anyone show evidence that the Anti's wet themselves any more profusely due the length of the firearm?

Tack

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
You know, it's a damn shame that some people here are so severely short sighted.

Some people simply won't or can't recognize that the moderator has already been magnanimous in allowing this thread to continue, focused on the subject of: "In this case, I think the primary point that hasn't been made clear is how was the man "checked out" and were there any violations of law in doing so?"

No, instead, some people feel it's better here to engage in puffery, casting aspersions at one another, the manner of carry, the choices of the site owner, etc. etc. because...????

I can only hope those who have previously posted, or those who are thinking about posting, restrain themselves and either post on the subject, or by their restraint otherwise allow the thread to remain open long enough for me to conclude and post the results of my investigation, either here or elsewhere.

If the moderator sanctions anyone because they just can't control themselves, I'm certainly not going to shed any tears.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
...not sure the threat of being "divided and concurred" is fully appreciated here at OCDO?

I understand that OC of "Handguns" is the goal of the forum... But... Deriding long gun OCER's is sort of like the deer hunter who does not mind the banning of Cougar hunting.

The Anti's see no difference regardless of your opinion as too what's an acceptable gun.

Can anyone show evidence that the Anti's wet themselves any more profusely due the length of the firearm?

Tack
"Divided and conquered" is understood, but not generally relevant - the same argument could be put forth in many areas. Striking a balance and keeping things in proper perspective is a challenge.

I don't think there is any question but that EBR/long guns create more consternation.....they're skeerier, create heart palpitations.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
You know, it's a damn shame that some people here are so severely short sighted.

Some people simply won't or can't recognize that the moderator has already been magnanimous in allowing this thread to continue, focused on the subject of: "In this case, I think the primary point that hasn't been made clear is how was the man "checked out" and were there any violations of law in doing so?"

No, instead, some people feel it's better here to engage in puffery, casting aspersions at one another, the manner of carry, the choices of the site owner, etc. etc. because...????

I can only hope those who have previously posted, or those who are thinking about posting, restrain themselves and either post on the subject, or by their restraint otherwise allow the thread to remain open long enough for me to conclude and post the results of my investigation, either here or elsewhere.

If the moderator sanctions anyone because they just can't control themselves, I'm certainly not going to shed any tears.

Trying to keep this thread alive within a limited scope. Don't really like to step on people - hope that I'll be allowed to avoid that. Keeping OCDO focused and strong should be our goal.