• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Romulus meet up 3-2-14 11 am

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezerharden

Seems to be a fair compromise. Ezerharden does most of the event planning for that are IIRC? So he'd be the one usually to send it to the MOC board and wait for their response. Again I'm speaking from past experiences - things may have changed. Hey - I'm sure PAT would love to see you guys. He's such a wonderful character. All kidding aside, I hear he's doing good work over there. :cool:

Yeah Pat is doing the events now mostly, but I still work on them as well in SE Michigan. I will set up a MOC event for this about a month or so out if that is agreeable to all. It would be helpful to have someone familiar with the area assist with parking, route, destination, etc. Maybe start at a place for lunch and walk to a set destination. I am not from Romulus so I am unfamiliar with the area.

Raggs

Yeah Pat is doing the events now mostly, but I still work on them as well in SE Michigan. I will set up a MOC event for this about a month or so out if that is agreeable to all. It would be helpful to have someone familiar with the area assist with parking, route, destination, etc. Maybe start at a place for lunch and walk to a set destination. I am not from Romulus so I am unfamiliar with the area.

Thank you for stepping up Ezerharden, I would love to see a unified gun crowd in Michigan, perhaps this is a step in that direction. Not worrying about whether this is a MOC sanctioned event or just an important event in the state. The end result should be what is important!

Michigander

Seems to be a fair compromise. Ezerharden does most of the event planning for that are IIRC? So he'd be the one usually to send it to the MOC board and wait for their response. Again I'm speaking from past experiences - things may have changed. Hey - I'm sure PAT would love to see you guys. He's such a wonderful character. All kidding aside, I hear he's doing good work over there. :cool:

Pat knows what I think of him, and I sure won't hesitate to tell him again if he comes to either event.

Evil Creamsicle

Pat knows what I think of him, and I sure won't hesitate to tell him again if he comes to either event.

43503830.jpg

FreeInAZ

I should have never mentioned his name, sorry to all. I was giving props for the good work he is doing. So let's play nice and remember the objective. Have a nice, HUGE turnout at the Romulus event when a date is chosen. Let keep personal feelings out of things. It does no good.

Michigander

Yep, this is why it is hard to organize anything here. I tried.

Pat has repeatedly shown himself to be an obnoxious, flamboyant, trolling bully who seems to have a penchant for sock puppets. There is no reason to sugar coat it, and I'm not going to.

This and other factors don't mean we can't all work together to the extent needed to get things done. Cooperation on key items is all that is needed, not unity nor a change of heart from anyone. All the flaws I have brought up recently in regards to Michigan gun rights orgs can be readily overcome if people can set aside differences just enough to accomplish basic goals, and there is really no reason to think it through any harder than that.

Ezerharden

Pat has repeatedly shown himself to be an obnoxious, flamboyant, trolling bully who seems to have a penchant for sock puppets. There is no reason to sugar coat it, and I'm not going to.

This and other factors don't mean we can't all work together to the extent needed to get things done. Cooperation on key items is all that is needed, not unity nor a change of heart from anyone. All the flaws I have brought up recently in regards to Michigan gun rights orgs can be readily overcome if people can set aside differences just enough to accomplish basic goals, and there is really no reason to think it through any harder than that.

Can you?

Doesn't seem like it. Either way, I will organize something in the near future.

Last edited:

Evil Creamsicle

So because you guys can't get along the cause suffers, ok now I know.

Can't get this post to sound right, so **** it.

Raggs... I think you misunderstood my post. I was encouraging Ezerharden to continue, not the other way around.

Michigander's personal problem with Pat is just that... their problem. I don't see how it has any bearing on this conversation or event, especially considering he's not even allowed on OCDO anymore as far as I'm aware.

Last edited:

Ezerharden

Can't get this post to sound right, so **** it.

Raggs... I think you misunderstood my post. I was encouraging Ezerharden to continue, not the other way around.

Michigander's personal problem with Pat is just that... their problem. I don't see how it has any bearing on this conversation or event, especially considering he's not even allowed on OCDO anymore as far as I'm aware.

I understood what you meant, and I am pretty sure Raggs did also. I should be posting something soon for an event.

Ezerharden

Ok I am planning an event for likely late March in Romulus regarding this incident. If anyone has any suggestions for this please let me know.

Ezerharden

So any closer to a date on this? Michigander and EC thoughts?

Working with the individual and getting information about route and such where he was unlawfully arrested. Looking at late April now to give enough time. Will post when details are finalized.

Raggs

Working with the individual and getting information about route and such where he was unlawfully arrested. Looking at late April now to give enough time. Will post when details are finalized.

I was kind of hoping to have something not so close to the big event in Lansing. Is there a reason that late March early April would not work? Any thoughts from others?

Status
Not open for further replies.